test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW launcher not patching.

ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all. I've been trying to load up my game but it will not download the most recent patch. It stays stuck and the bar only says "Patching." It never even shows the percentage and data left.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

EDIT: It seems all launchers from PWE are having this same issue for me/
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
Post edited by ashkrik23 on

Comments

• criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i get sometimes the "Patching" bug hanging on forever on Neverwinter launcher but after a game crash .So i close the error report application but sometimes the process is still running even if i closed the application from the taskbar,so opening the launcher will hang forever on "Patching"..So,
    I open task Manager and search for Crypticerror.exe and i end process so i can get the Play button. Sometimes i get the GameClient.exe still running even if the game crashed so i close that process too so i can open the launcher (only one and clean this time).

You even couldnt install the game and if all PWE games are doing same things then might be something which is linked to all , the ARC.
    Try to start the game from the normal desktop icon not from arc browser, or from game folder and see what happens. Also before this, try to close ARC application (from taskbar near the clock) and look for an ArcOSBrowser.exe process and shut it down by force if necessary before starting the game from a normal icon.I always start the game from desktop icon, i hate game browsers (Game Browser = RAM and HDD space eaters , also known as "spammers" from game companies for their products, discounts,events,etc) and i might uninstall ARC to see if the game can still start without it.
    I'm not an expert from the tech team and i'm not saying that this closing processes will work for you too but at least for me (with Windows XP) this option works great to fix the "Patching" bug from an unwanted running process and saves me a lot of time of writing ticket reports.
    Task Manager helped me once to close the PWI game too by force. Learn to work with task manager and it will your best friend against the rebel games lol,u can see even virus processes if any, just don't close explorer.exe or any windows related process or youll have to restart computer :D.

Thank you Bill Gates for the Task Manager lol :D

Good luck and wait for more replies if Task Manager option didn't helped you at all.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • brotherdavebrotherdave Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OP, I had this issue too, stuck on "Patching", I opened task manager, saw that there were 2 Neverwinter processes running, I ended 1 of them and my client finished patching and now I can get in. Hope this helps!