test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BloodGuard Is Recruiting ~ Adults only, No Children. Quality > Quantity.

mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
BloodGuard is a family friendly guild with no delusions of grandeur. Our mission is simple: to gather a tight knit group of like minded individuals together who enjoy a mature group of people to game with. Our average age is mid 30's - mid 40's. We enjoy all aspects of the game, everything from PvE/PvP to making loads of AD. With the many varied interests our members have, there is a home for everyone here in BloodGuard.

In BloodGuard all members truly are equal. BloodGuard is run as a Co-Op. For further details on what that means, please check out our rules section.

We are BloodGuard. We Suffice.

BloodGuard was created to be a sanctuary for mature gamers to have a home in NeverWinter. We have a vetting process on new members in place to ensure that we find the best fit possible for new additions to the guild. We are here to have fun with people we enjoy being around. BloodGuard is for those of us who grew up playing games socially, not anonymously. Mature, fun loving folks.

Many times I have been asked, "What type of Guild are you". I always reply the same, "We're BloodGuard, we enjoy all aspects of the game". Usually a person wants a label to stick on us, and when pressed I tell them "If you want to label us, the only label that sticks is the fact that we're an Anti-Elitist Guild".

While the mission statement is simple and straight forward, we do have a few simple rules that members are required to follow.
  1. Have Common Sense
  2. Have Common Courtesy
  3. Have a Good Sense of Humor
  4. Have TeamSpeak 3 installed for (at least) dungeon runs. This doesn't mean you have to be on TS3 24/7. And we understand if you're up late and the family is asleep. But you can at least listen in ^^
  5. Limit your number of characters in the guild to 3 (Subject to change). This is why we use the Custom channel, so that when we're on our many alts we are always in contact and participating in the guild. Feel free to swap characters in and out all you want, just keep it to 3 in guild at a time.
  6. Keep in game chat channels to "Rated R", please no "Rated <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" conversations in our guild.
  7. Do not show any disrespect towards women. I and many others are sexist, in that we treat women differently than we treat men. We believe this is a good thing and wholeheartedly believe all women deserve our respect. Every woman you game with is someone's: Mother, Wife, Sister etc.
  8. Treat your fellow guild mates with respect. No grieifing in dungeon runs, no rage quitting runs. Offer constructive criticism, don't put each other down.
  9. Remember that we're an Anti-Elitist Guild. Try to always remain humble and help each other out.
  10. Don't abuse the guild bank. These items are there for people to USE, not to take and sell or salvage.
  11. Each Member will be on a trial period for a period of no more than two weeks. All promotions are done at the Bi-Weekly guild meetings.

Now, the term Elitist can mean different things to different people. Just to be clear, here is the BloodGuard Definition:
Elitist: A person or persons who have some sort of inferiority complex that places real life value on digital goods. They then use their digital goods to help them feel Superior to other players, typically by putting others down. This will never be tolerated in BloodGuard.

We have room for anyone who meets our age/maturity requirements. How do we get around the 500 Member Cap? Easy, limit the amount of characters per person in the guild (Currently set at 3) and use a custom channel instead of guild chat for our main in game communication.

Head on over to our Forums and check out our Guild Recruitment Section. You can also look us up in Game and ask any member more about us.

We are an adult only guild, no children.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    We have re-worked a few items (namely officers and PvE run frequency). If you're interested in a guild designed for adults, with a strict policy on getting rid of folks that aren't like minded (see above) look us up in game and give us a shout ^^
  • Options
    mortahlmortahl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mho might be opinionated and sometimes is a little quick with his tongue. However, he is genuinely helpful. He does prefer that people do proper progression in dungeons and gear up properly t1/t2/t2.5, which is does provide proper GS. It's two fold. 1) what is the hurry? Enjoy time with your friends. 2) People lacking in gear do slow down the rest of the party. I've never seen him to be completely unreasonable, though. If you want to run dungeons with bad gear, form your own party for a challenge run in bad gear. That way people know what to expect.

There are definitely great people in the guild. I, for one, recommend it. As with any "we do everything" guild, don't expect a lot of hand holding. Have some fun, get to know the great membership, and remember that you'll get out of the guild what you put into it. Setup your own dungeon runs, help others out with the more troublesome instances, or join a group to go pvp. Or, if you're that type of person, chat with your guildies on vent while you do professions. There are better pvp guilds. There are better dungeon run all the time guilds. This guild has members that are very knowledgeable, but it's about having fun and getting to know one another. I like to call them friendship guilds, as that's really what it boils down to.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This is quite funny. I don't condone flame wars, and if anything we're an "Anti-Elitist" guild. I didn't say "What is your gear score", I said "Let me have a look at you" as he was a new member and I didn't know him. I have no interest in taking someone all in blues and greens into VT (hence the, let me have a look at you).

I invite Lemon to post a screen shot of the Courtesy mail I send him after removing him from the guild.

Since when is having minimal standards being elitist?

As far as my "prior comment", I do actually enjoy it when childish folks hop on here to bash. To me all it does is reinforce the fact that we don't put up with childish drama oriented folks.

We're a niche guild, mostly older (some as old as late 20's, some as young as early 70's), lots of retired vets. We feel no need to play the game with folks that we don't enjoy being around. It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cleaned out this thread from debates and drama. Please limit your posting in this thread to genuine inquiries and questions about the guild. Thank you.

Also, while your guild may be adult, not everyone who visits this forum is. Please conduct yourselves accordingly and refrain from suggestive posts.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    pantherwitch4982pantherwitch4982 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My experiences in Bloodguard:

I had started the game about a year ago, and was in an all female guild (which I believe is now defunct) and was very unhappy there. I started to look for a good guild that held people that were more mature and accepting of different points of view. One of the first I stumbled on was BloodGuard. At the time Mhoram and ZugZug were the two primary "leaders" that I'd had contact with. I was very shy at first, and was not comfortable for a long time with talking with many of the members in a large group. Between Mho and Zug, they and a few very significant other friends were able to bring me out of my shell and into the very caring arms of the guild.

Yeah, we've had a few ups and downs in recent times, but things have settled. We run dungeons, we team up in WoD and help each other with encounters, quests, gathering those blasted coffers, etc. We help each other level characters, give ideas on how to generate revenue, and we generally chat about all sorts of things. I'm excited to see most everyone when I log in. These people are my friends, and they are my gaming family. BloodGuard is home. We welcome you to come join us, should you wish.
  • Options
    whenfhurdzwhenfhurdz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey! I used to play this game about a year ago but the guild i was in kind off dissolved and i lost the will to play the game after a year im back was wondering if i could join your guild. just need a bunch of people i can enjoy the game with again :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I've turned the keys over to the members so to speak. Please contact any online member for an invite. I basically got sick of having 300+ people where I knew maybe 30, with a smaller group of around 100 odd (some very odd) members it's much less diluted. There is no such thing as an "officer" in our guild, each member is a co-owner of the guild and steps up as needed. It's a bit of a social experiment, but worked out well.
  • Options
    shandaleashandalea Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can someone please contact me in game about your guild? Gwenn Powers @shandalea
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The best way to contact us isn't through the game forums. Either through our phpBB Board or just searching us in game and talking to someone is the best way to go. As you can see, no one has checked this in over a month.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Do you like the concept of a guild filled with adults, and never having to game with children?
    Do you find the concept of filling out an application for a guild absurd?
    Do you find the concept of "officers" and "rank" in a guild a little bit odd?
    Do you hate dealing with elitist <insert your favorite derogatory word here>?

Finally, would you like to OWN the guild you are a part of; rather than be one of hundreds of nameless faces all jockeying for position within the guild?

If so, look us up in game and have a chat with someone. It's about that easy to avoid the above.
  • Options
    eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, I'm guessing that 23 Yo is too young..?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Do you like the concept of a guild filled with adults, and never having to game with children?
    Do you find the concept of filling out an application for a guild absurd?
    Do you find the concept of "officers" and "rank" in a guild a little bit odd?
    Do you hate dealing with elitist <insert your favorite derogatory word here>?
    Do you find the concept of filling out an application for an in game channel a bit pretentious?

Finally, would you like to OWN the guild you are a part of; rather than be one of hundreds of nameless faces all jockeying for position within the guild?

If so, look us up in game and have a chat with someone. It's about that easy to avoid the above.

*FYI I reply in PM's to the folks who reply here, rather than bump my own thread every time someone sneezes. Though most folks just click the link to the forums and then contact someone in game ^^
  • Options
    greyangel13greyangel13 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Update:
    I have been "in charge" of Bloodguard for a couple of years now. The rules have changed some, but not a lot.
    If you tried to reach us on TapTalk, we rarely check that site anymore. We use Discord now instead of TS3 and that is our main place of communication now.

You can send me in gamemail @greyangel13 or message me on Discord marlaina#9907. Any bots or harassment will be reported and blocked immediately.

Venture on and We Suffice.