test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strategy vs GF

yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hello,

to those of you who aren't 100% perma's, what is your strategy against GF's?

When I see a properly or even average geared GF I just don't even bother. If we fight head on he wins by a lot. I can barely execute my skills on him unless I jump around a lot, and in that case I don't deal too much damage because I waste time jumping around. And of course he has really annoying knockdown skills, and gap closers in case your goal is to tire him.

I can understand why a perma doesn't need to worry too much about GF's, but what can semi-perma's or combat built TR's do against GF's?
Post edited by yoadoad on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not a perma you may as well just ignore GFs and only pick em off with support or you get them off guard with low hitpoints with WoB.

TRs can't sprint behind a GF and stun them like a GWF or HR can with boar rush. Nail em with smoke bomb and they'll just escape your DF anyway.

Permas aren't in a safe spot either less they can tank like hell. GF can just track them up close and block the DF attempt from stealth then just prone them afterwards. Not to mention, punish them with supremacy.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The only way to win is to use whirlwind of blades and lashing blades I think, for high dps...Going perma might keep you alive but without any rel dps it will either be a losing or never ending fight. also gloaming cut is better than df for fighting a gf since it has more range so the chance of the gf seeing you is less.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I murdered a poor whisperknife earlier. Poor guy didn't have much of a chance without ITC. Even then, fought one of them, just baited his ITC then proned him while he stupidly tried to DF me while I had a steel defense buffed supremacy.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    I murdered a poor whisperknife earlier. Poor guy didn't have much of a chance without ITC. Even then, fought one of them, just baited his ITC then proned him while he stupidly tried to DF me while I had a steel defense buffed supremacy.

hey, suicide is a honorable death in pvp xD
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My strategy for GF

At wills/ encounters / daily
    Sky flourish, Duelist Fury / ITC, Dazing Strike, Smoke bomb / Courage Breaker

First encounter (If I spot him first)
    1. Stealth approach
    2. ITC from steath and spam at will sky flourish
    3. right as ITC ends dazing strike
    4. continue to spam sky flourish
    5. smoke bomb as dazing ends
    6. pop ITC again (not from stealth)
    7. spam sky flourish
    8. Hit him with courage breaker
    9. return to 1.
    *special note: DO NOT attack a GF when you see yellow / orange swords around his body or you will kill yourself.
    *If you want to attack a GF that has the reflect skill on you must attack him with ranged moves at more than 15m while stealthed.

Hope this helps! Peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    teleroguetelerogue Banned Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    My strategy for GF

1. Stealth approach
    7. spam sky flourish
    9. return to 1.
    *special note: DO NOT attack a GF when you see yellow / orange swords around his body or you will kill yourself.
    *If you want to attack a GF that has the reflect skill on you must attack him with ranged moves at more than 15m while stealthed.

Hope this helps! Peace

SLY FLOURISH against a Guardian Fighter

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

i run into gf's that try to do that to me as well. i just itc in response to that reflect daily and watch as both of our hp bars melt at the same rate. neither of us died from my 4 seconds of reckless rampaging into his shield, but fun nonetheless to see both of us with just 20% hp left.

1 other gf, however, didn't melt from that strategy. i'm guessing because this 1 was smart enough to block during his daily.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    My strategy for GF

1. Stealth approach
    7. spam sky flourish
    9. return to 1.

Hope this helps! Peace

How the @#$% is this supposed to work? Is the GF idle or something? I'd love to see you land a non-stealth dazing strike on a competent GF. Tricky enough landing a takedown.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think GF can block Path of blade since it comes from the bottom so that could help. I use that and ITC against them along with a sneak attack stealthy LB
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    good gf build is impossible to kill without pvorp and dc artifact
    they have daily every few seconds and u cant touch them then coz it goeas even thru itc
    ad glyph to that if u do df u lose more hp then u make dmg
    50 k is low hp of bad geared gf so u do the math.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    Hello,

When I see a properly or even average geared GF I just don't even bother. If we fight head on he wins by a lot. I can barely execute my skills on him unless I jump around a lot, and in that case I don't deal too much damage because I waste time jumping around. And of course he has really annoying knockdown skills, and gap closers in case your goal is to tire him.

I can understand why a perma doesn't need to worry too much about GF's, but what can semi-perma's or combat built TR's do against GF's?

The best way to dispatch them in a not-perma way is to keep them dazed by rotating Smoke Bomb, Stealth and Shadow Strike, mash some DF in between while charging the daily. Finished WoB when dazed.
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Block magic with shield (properly) now! :D

Do you GFs think this'll actually change anything?

Well it's from Gameplay, combat and pvp. That is simple reason why if you know how to kill any class, keep it to yourself. If you will write on forum how to kill someone you can be sure some day soon some skill you are using will be nerfed.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My strategy for GF

1. Stealth approach
    7. spam sky flourish
    9. return to 1.

Hope this helps! Peace

^ His perma-daze seems a faster way than my semi stealth daze mojo. But #3 is the most critical part if he sidesteps your dazing strike just in time the rotation could fail. It's more effective, but more risky as well.
  • Options
    rdgznrdgzn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any 1x1 against a skilled and/or ultra geared player is pretty hard. Naissur taught us the best rotation against low mobility players, aka GF:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntspPtBBEtc

Enjoy.
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    My strategy for GF

1. Stealth approach
    7. spam sky flourish
    9. return to 1.

Hope this helps! Peace

This must be one of the funniest posts i have read in a while.

If troll 10/10
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    good gf build is impossible to kill without pvorp and dc artifact
    they have daily every few seconds and u cant touch them then coz it goeas even thru itc
    ad glyph to that if u do df u lose more hp then u make dmg
    50 k is low hp of bad geared gf so u do the math.

We only get daily fast because we build quick ap when taking dmg through guard so when players spam at our shield it wins us the fight. if you stun us to lower guard then attack, we don't really build much. It's all about heavy hits not little pointless ones.

Also 50k hp is not normal for low geared gf at all. I have 48.5k and I'm 18k gs around 20k gs is max for gf and most gf players who are specced for or good at pvp will have anything from 44-50k hp base, the ones with full maxed chars will get up to 60k but that means the plated belt of constitution legendary so don't expect that much. If a gf has that much hp without it then he will have bad other stats.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    rdgzn wrote: »
    Any 1x1 against a skilled and/or ultra geared player is pretty hard. Naissur taught us the best rotation against low mobility players, aka GF:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntspPtBBEtc

Enjoy.

I see a target dummy, not a GF. Show a video of it actually in action.
  • Options
    dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

Perma wisperknife makes GFs a joke.

It makes me lol whenever one of them tries to hold the node against me. Even the 50k ones go down in under two min & are lucky to land a single blow on me.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am done trying to help you people.
    All you ever do is bash what I post.
    (rest of my wisdom is my own)
    Find someone else to troll.
    bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    You aren't allowed an opinion if you think outside the box. I also find it absolutely hilarious that the players who refer to themselves as "pro" all have maxed characters, pop potions and use Red Glyphs. Although I can make a very easy argument supporting their right to use potions and Red Glyphs, I can just as easily TOTALLY DISREGARD any claim of skill they make.

It's all an illusion of relativity. So keep on with your advice and disregard the elitist as*hats.

Agreed.

It is one thing to for someone to say that they disagree with a technique then give alternate opinions, but insulting trolls like telerogue and abecassis do nothing good for the forum. You both need to grow up and act like mature adults instead of insulting posts without any analysis or alternate advice. Morons . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am done trying to help you people.
    All you ever do is bash what I post.
    (rest of my wisdom is my own)
    Find someone else to troll.
    bye

Add them to your ignore list:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »

Ah, I did not realize we could ignore posts by specific users - thought that applied to the game itself. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    Hello,

The ultimate combo:
    Deft strike Smoke bomb
    Guard disabled skills disabled KV disabled .
    The other funny move is aganst most classes :Courage Breaker you can simply walk behind the GF and daze him .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The ultimate combo:
    Deft strike Smoke bomb
    Guard disabled skills disabled KV disabled .
    The other funny move is aganst most classes :Courage Breaker you can simply walk behind the GF and daze him .

Sarevok! I remember that name . . . :)

• Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    The only way to win is to use whirlwind of blades and lashing blades I think, for high dps...Going perma might keep you alive but without any rel dps it will either be a losing or never ending fight. also gloaming cut is better than df for fighting a gf since it has more range so the chance of the gf seeing you is less.

Brah, you just be all over the forums don'chu?