test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knox companions are now BoE

brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
"All companions will be Bind on Equip once you recieve the companion."
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7003513
At first we believed it was BoE and the community got mad.
The event preview said they were BoP.
It has recently changed back to BoE.
Hopefully it is actually BoP that way people won't make massive profits from buying these items and selling them a month later.
Also they didn't spell "recieive" correctly it should be "receive" cmon cryptic...
Post edited by brilliantcomrade on

Comments

• zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    to be fair, receive is a word I mess up all the time too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tts only 5 companions. Its not like they can be infinitely generated. Though because of this, maybe they should be bind on pickup.

If there were more, I could see a better justification for bind on equip.
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Of course it should be BoP!!! Now the super rich guys who will win the auction could just resell it for a higher price!
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Then again if these super rich guys buy it really high and then sell it later. Whos going to afford it other than other super rich people??? so I don't really see how they'll profit from it.

regardless of it being BOE or BOP it's taking a lot of potential AD out of the market depending on who buys it and for how much I'd be more than happy if they get rid of even just 100 mil ad total, But of course hoping for more than that.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No they need to be BoE.

Though I'm not participating in the Knox Auction, I buy AH stuff all the time, but only from my AD Mule Character, then send that purchased loot over to the character I want to have it. It would be the same for this Knox Companion... if I were participating I'd be making bids from my main AD "Bank" character with the intention of sending it to another character if I were to win.

So no to BoP. Bind to Account would be okay, but I've never seen that on any companion or mount (as the account-wide companions and mounts are reclaimable and simply BoP when you claim them).

So the Knox Companion, like ALL companions needs to be and will be BoE.

As for reselling at a profit? No, that won't happen. Anyone who wants one bad enough will either win the auction or fail for not having enough AD. So how will the winner sell it for a profit at all - if they won the auction by the willingness to spend more AD than anyone else AND have the AD to do it?

Logic and context are your friends, but especially logic.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rversant wrote: »
    Then again if these super rich guys buy it really high and then sell it later. Whos going to afford it other than other super rich people??? so I don't really see how they'll profit from it.

regardless of it being BOE or BOP it's taking a lot of potential AD out of the market depending on who buys it and for how much I'd be more than happy if they get rid of even just 100 mil ad total, But of course hoping for more than that.

Scarcity=> Higher prices

They won't relist 2 days later they will relist in 3 months
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Scarcity=> Higher prices

You're missing the point. Do you think MORE super rich people are going to some how magically show up in the next three months? And not only do you have to find ANOTHER buyer, you have to do so knowing you're going to take a 10% hit off the top thanks to the AH fees.

If you buy Sgt. Knox at 50 million AD, you have to find a buy willing to go 55 million just to break even. If you're investing AD in items to resell, there's FAR more profitable items out there than Sgt. Knox.

No one's going to make a killing here. It honestly doesn't matter at all who wins that auction, as long as millions of AD get blown up in the process.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually if they're BoE it will remove more AD from the market, if anyone wants to resell him, because of the AH fee. I see one of the Knox companions has a 30 mil highest bid. If you buy a companion for 30 mil and you wanna resell it for profit, the resell price will be huge, and so will the AH cut. I'm not gonna participate, so it makes no difference for me who's gonna buy the companion, for how much, or what they're gonna do with him after the purchase.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You're missing the point. Do you think MORE super rich people are going to some how magically show up in the next three months? And not only do you have to find ANOTHER buyer, you have to do so knowing you're going to take a 10% hit off the top thanks to the AH fees.

If you buy Sgt. Knox at 50 million AD, you have to find a buy willing to go 55 million just to break even. If you're investing AD in items to resell, there's FAR more profitable items out there than Sgt. Knox.

No one's going to make a killing here. It honestly doesn't matter at all who wins that auction, as long as millions of AD get blown up in the process.

Probably won't go for that much but given how the extreme quantities of ad are created the longer time passes the more there is for the people doing it.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Probably won't go for that much but given how the extreme quantities of ad are created the longer time passes the more there is for the people doing it.

It's only Friday and the low bid 2.1 Million and the high bid is 30,000,000 ($600! @500:1) and still more than two days to go! LOL

Um, yeah, it'll go that high if not higher. I'm just hoping (for morbid-curiosity sake) that they announce some way, some where how much these things actually sell for. So I can have a really, really good laugh.
    edited September 2014
    There's one companion with a 30 million bid the rest are 2-3.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Scarcity=> Higher prices

I think 5 ONLY in the auction (during the event) is already scarce enough.... There's no need to wait for 3 or some more months.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Actually if they're BoE it will remove more AD from the market, if anyone wants to resell him, because of the AH fee. I see one of the Knox companions has a 30 mil highest bid. If you buy a companion for 30 mil and you wanna resell it for profit, the resell price will be huge, and so will the AH cut. I'm not gonna participate, so it makes no difference for me who's gonna buy the companion, for how much, or what they're gonna do with him after the purchase.

Not if they sell him on ebay or something :D. I agree it should be BoE though. Especially if it says he is otherwise that's kind of false advertising and Cryptic wouldn't... actually nvm on that point. Anyway the only reason people want it to be BoP is because they know they can't afford it lol.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    It's pretty simple, people. Someone's going to buy it. And then sell it for cash. The goldseller sites already offer things like rage drakes, etc. Now they'll offer Knox.

If someone wants to toss real cash to have a single use tank companion, go for it.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Poor Knox, when he volunteered to help 5 selected adventurers he never thought he would be traded around like a slave, and I thought him standing on a box for 4 modules was sad, he's reached a new low now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is a real shame - when it was BoP it was going to be won by someone who actually wanted to have the Knox adventurer.

Now it is almost certainly going to be won by a 'lucky' someone who will later resell it for higher price or real money.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    LOL anyone notice Sgt Knox does not appear to come with a bonding stone.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's pretty simple, people. Someone's going to buy it. And then sell it for cash. The goldseller sites already offer things like rage drakes, etc. Now they'll offer Knox.

If someone wants to toss real cash to have a single use tank companion, go for it.

I wouldn't, but I collect companions. If I landed Knox, with me he would stay, for sure.

With all these new companions, an increase in the maximum number of bound companion slots will be necessary soon. I have 5 white ones I'm afraid to bind for fear of running out of slots later on.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's not start up with discussion of wrongdoing, now shall we?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com