test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Screenshots of unpublished projects?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Foundry
I have some projects that I've yet to publish, I guess many foundry authors may have many of those around, so why not post some screenshots of those unpublished projects? maybe with a short description of what's the quest about.
I'll start with mine:

The castle gates: A quest where you have to visit Duskshire and travel through the Whispering Woods to face the evil vampire torturing the town.
1z1qjux.jpg

34t30c7.jpg

The haunted library: I haven't thought much about this besides the name and some maps:
nv9qfr.jpg

29pw6mq.jpg
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The fortress of agony: A snowy stormy place where you have to get to the big fortress in top of the mountain:

o85iti.jpg

2wqr9ms.jpg

The forbidden crypt of Kajarheim: Hidden deep within the Deadhill Ravine, people speak of a forbidden crypt where a great danger lurks inside.

24ovot3.jpg

3447haa.jpg

As you can see I like creepy places/quests.
    I'd love to see which other unpublished quests are around here, I bet there are lots of nice places
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is one I've been working on slowly for awhile now. Eldarth is one of my original D&D characters from long, long, looong ago (D&D original set).

Story
    A Lich is building a keep in the mountains using enslaved Dwarves. He is harvesting corpses from some nearby cemetery ruins and is raising an army of undead to serve him. You'll need to fight your way thru a growing undead army and find some way into the keep itself. Inside you'll need to defeat any enslaved monsters and find your way to the Lich himself. Are you the hero for the task? The surrounding countryside and small villages are counting on you!

Background
    Eldarth (the Lich) was always fascinated with life/death. He found resurrections and reincarnations performed by Clerics (pre-spellplague) fascinating and began investigating every aspect of life and death, ultimately becoming a Necromancer. In his later years of adventuring came across the Hand of Vecna (a powerful artifact). The desire for it's power made the choice of lopping off his own hand for the artifact an easy one. After acquiring the artifact he began "settling down" and retiring from adventuring. He then discovered, and performed, the ritual to become a Lich. He thus began focusing on building a fortress and raising countless undead minions. This is where this story is focused -- the early building of his fortress and undead army.

Lair Construction
    6K4ZfX0.jpg

Old Cemetery
    c2TGdqf.jpg

Cemetery Harvest Operation
    wj0vI6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Old Human Keep Collapsed by Spellplague
    HwuTfwc.jpg

Collapsed Keep Material Harvest Operation
    330Ykt4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Awesome screenshots Eldarth, I'd love to see that one finished :D
    it looks it would be fun to explore.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Awesome screenshots Eldarth, I'd love to see that one finished :D
    it looks it would be fun to explore.

Thanks! So far I've got at least three alternate ways to get inside the lair. I'm also trying to provide "visibility" into the below terrain advanced mechanisms so you can hopefully teleport around from the starting point to see how things work. Kind of a dual-purpose foundry quest.
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm still in the process of making my next quest.

Really have been taking my time with it since I'm pretty busy with work these days.

So far I've got 5 maps in the making with 1 map done. 5 maps are for my next quest. The last one was meant for the Cult of Dragon contest but I never finished so I'm planning to just use it for my next next quest=)

Forest transition map (Done. I'm making the player walk out from within the waterfall):
    47C1DEF261AE3E9B9AB1F8015595009AECF419BC
    CD9AB45DEC2B33C5FB51CFF29E6265C4E8085070

Yew Town (I don't know what to call it yet. Only made the map, haven't done any mechanics.):
    67FEA4FF1A7A1EB52FD88ACE28B2130265C39B79

Castle Flayer's Rock (I still need to edit the map and add in mechanics). I'm facing a writer's block here:
    473602083515F0A95C9C7D23E04E2211792FBBAD
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    C1C30883D0E9B49193EA7B5584A383211D49C55C
    298EFDDA756C9BCE8D8642BD296E0AFFDE49CDD7

Onboard the Howling Lion (Writer's block and I suck at naming ships so..):
    EB0A0E98D7A2BC6B177859FA8AA557416C99A549

Sunken City of Svenia (I suck at naming cities too):
    A195AF7E3FA1ED8F9663C30A2680BC04DD22BC56
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Was planning to use this for the contest but I never did finish it:
    7C261AE4126A64E8101BDBE3F232D3F6977B4EEA
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Looks very nice too, but I think in the 4th screenshot, the fog doesn't match the environnement. It's too light IMO
    edit: the last screenshot looks amazing! Love the mood!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Looks very nice too, but I think in the 4th screenshot, the fog doesn't match the environnement. It's too light IMO
    edit: the last screenshot looks amazing! Love the mood!

Thanks!

Noted on the fog. Haha..I'm still not too good with using the effects in the foundry.

To be honest, I've been messing around too much with building the maps than in actually making the quest (objectives, mechanics, writing, etc).

By the way, the screenshots you guys took look really good!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks! and I can totally relate to spending more time building maps than the quest themselves. I love building maps!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Wow. I don't feel I have any screenshots that are epic enough to be seen in this company. I shall have to work on that. Some great and inspiring images in here, guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm between projects at the moment, so I don't have anything ready to show. Once I start working on the next Brightstone quest, though...
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    HauntedFoundry_zps3ffba971.png
    HauntedFoundry2_zps0c62f734.png
    HauntedFoundry3_zpsde8c4b7c.png

Three shots on three different perspectives for one map of my new favourite project; The Haunting. Taking place in the Iliyanbruen Ruins of Neverwinter Wood.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Started work on a new map today, figured I'd show it off. I apologize for the darkness, I haven't set any lights yet.

Sz1KpFx.jpg

As for the location, well... Anyone really familiar with 3e FR mods who's been paying close attention to my campaign might be able to hazard a guess.

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is my current WIP map for the next quest in my campaign. This is supposed to be the oasis town of Ragheb in the Raurin desert. I had another version built, before I realized Ragheb was supposed to be a town surrounding a lake. You can only see the mayoral palace and the gaoler island on the left, the rest of the town hasn't been built yet.

e42fuhk.jpg

And a nearer view of the Palace...
    hIIe8lu.jpg

Currently I am having trouble creating palm like trees for the oasis town. Ferns disappear within 100 feet and the spiky plant disappears at 500. If anyone has some ideas on how to make foliage that might look good from a distance in this oasis town, please let me know!
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Awesome screenshots everyone!
    Great to see all the varied adventures everyone is working on!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Here's a second, newer view of my map, with better lighting:
    p6Ye3b6.jpg

EDIT:
    Question: How do you make a table and chairs big enough for fire giants?
    Answer: http://i.imgur.com/fInSuQ1.jpg

• Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    these makes me jelly.
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    arkanarge wrote: »
    these makes me jelly.

Ditto that. Was going to screencap what I was working on, but I think I'll go work on it some more first...
  • Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im not sure if i should upload pictures of mine. Would it kill the surprise of "This quest is gunna suck but I have to review it to look like a caring person" "OMG ITS AMAZING!"
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It might kill the suprise, but do it anyway! (I just want more pictures to oogle. ;) )
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'll try to get up a pic or 2 from Wail of the Banshee. Most of it is not ready to be seen, but I might have a few areas that will take a good pic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    On your way to a city, you were caught in the middle of a storm. It's going to be a continuation to the first chapter of my campaign. Progress has been slow, as I have yet to come to a satisfying concept to connect this map to the next.

DRfZmBS.jpg?1
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Holy hell, first time seeing this thread.

This is like a goldmine lol. Release these ASAP you people! They all look "Biuriful", keep up the nice work.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hunting_camp.jpg

screenshot_2013-05-15-15-15-27.jpg
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    More gorgeous work to oogle. Please keep pictures coming. (That settles it, I'm totally redoing the map for my own foundry quest)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ok here are a few nice shots of a project I am working on:

15211909090_8a335bf1e6_z.jpg

15211973778_a95d6d2bd3_z.jpg

15212053607_bf3cee8bdc_z.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    416415_10200938286673355_228364739_o.jpg

Never quite got the underwater effect to my satisfaction. And this mission was going to be rather ... complicated.

But the fact that I barely get any plays (~100 plays on my first mission over... a year), my stuff is nigh unsearchable, and so on means it's very likely I'll never work on this stuff.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    maybe you could use the tall ivy plants for algae and also a more blue or green tint to give a better impression of underwater, if you ask me :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg