test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvE HR, overload sockets worth it? draconic set.

ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in The Wilds
For those of u running Pve with black ice sets are the overload sockets worth it in pve?

How often do they proc?, do they stack? any icd?

I wasnt much a fan of running black ice for pve coz all the wasted tenacity, but with the draconic set thats not so much of an issue. The 4pc set bonus seems to suck pretty much (specially if the 5% ap is like other ap gains which is a % of ur ap gain and not additive). but i could see myself running 2 pc bonus for the 2 overload slots.

thoughts?

Ps: i know royal guard is the best setbonus but i dont really make much use of it now with my rotation/current cds.
Post edited by ximae on

Comments

• reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    Ps: i know royal guard is the best setbonus but i dont really make much use of it now with my rotation/current cds.

If you're method of play doesn't take advantage of the RG set, I would say you won't gain alot of benefit from the overload slots.

I don't have experience with the new dragon glyphs, but I have used the Corrupted BI chants quite a bit for pve. They seem to proc alot more when I am keeping dots up or running plaguefire instead of vorpal.

I've never collected hard data though, so I am speaking from a "feels like" point of view.

I am very unimpressed with the new "Draconic" set as a whole. I don't like the stats and the set bonus seems weak.

The most impressive thing about the new set to me is the amount of HP you can gain. We just need some content that requires more HP in pve. I will admit when I pug the new epic skirmish I put on my full profound set at the boss because someone in group will pull the one shot attack on me more than likely. So I guess I could use it for PUG ONLY epic skirmish lol.

I think the Royal Guard set will yield more dps than any set currently available if you adapt a way to take full advantage of it. I know the stats are not to everyones liking, but the 4 pc bonus when taken advantage of is very powerful.

I have 2200 crit with RG set which I find is plenty to still run a vorp. I have been switching back and forth between perf vorp and greater plague to see how much of a difference it makes in various runs to the best of my ability. The runs I've been testing this with are with the same 5 man group so I can roughly (emphasis on roughly) get an idea of the difference between the chants with the RG set.

My findings are there isn't much of a difference. It's hard to put alot of faith in this kind of testing though because of different human reaction and how many times someone gets a crazy crit that kills stuff before you do much damage. RG set procs more with Plague but it's hard to pass up the crit bonus from vorp. In my experience they seem to balance each other out as archery with plague pulling ahead a decent amount in combat.

Sorry I got off of your original question so much, but it sounds like you're looking for the best set to run for pve. I would have to say Royal Guard. I am currently running archery spec again ( I swap back and forth alot) and I have found I do more damage with the RG set as combat or archery using plaguefire or vorp. This of course is all based on my play style.

Maybe someone can point out a reason the new draconic set is good so I can have something new to farm and be excited about. :)
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    If you're method of play doesn't take advantage of the RG set, I would say you won't gain alot of benefit from the overload slots.

Its really not the method, but the encounters i use in dungeons...Split the sky/throw caution and thronward i have available 1 sec after they dissapear from recovery/int and the archery feat. I could gain more rain of arrows uptime but i dont find myself spamming it that much because **** just mooves around so i tend to save it for when mobs get rooted (their own animations, freezes, etc)... used to be more effectve when there was more sing spam... or when u could have more than one thorn ward up at once.

But the actual encounters are tick based auto dps so im finding they are proccing the draconic enchantments quite alot.... i think theyre proccing just about when the icd goes away...
    I am very unimpressed with the new "Draconic" set as a whole. I don't like the stats and the set bonus seems weak.

yeah im not impressed with the 4 set at all either, thats why im running just head and gloves paired with grandwarden chest and boots for the extra crit.
    I think the Royal Guard set will yield more dps than any set currently available if you adapt a way to take full advantage of it. I know the stats are not to everyones liking, but the 4 pc bonus when taken advantage of is very powerful.

sure as acombat hr it looks very abusable, but maybe im missing something but i dont see much benefit for an archer except more roa spam...what am i missing? plaguefire?.... but stilll the loadout is what doesnt seem to benefit from so much fatser cds, except maybe to be able to sack all recovery.what encounters are u running?

I dont have dps problems anyways, very seldomly do i find a ranger that outdpses me ( last one was a 20k gs with legendat bow, belt and 3 artifacts and full draconic and didnt do so by much)..... actually except for SW and cw in CN Im usually in the top paingiver (when cws cant abuse their target caps) or at least a very tight second.
    Sorry I got off of your original question so much, but it sounds like you're looking for the best set to run for pve. I would have to say Royal Guard. I am currently running archery spec again ( I swap back and forth alot) and I have found I do more damage with the RG set as combat or archery using plaguefire or vorp. This of course is all based on my play style.

Maybe someone can point out a reason the new draconic set is good so I can have something new to farm and be excited about.

well sort of testing this right now, i have all sets except bi and can swap around so im just messing around to see what I prefer best. This combination im liking by the way, the draconic enchants are pretty beast (specially red). enchants procs and suddenly screen starts to fill with yellow ticks everywhere from ur roa, thorn ward, sts and ur own atwill spamming hitting stuff and each hit doing 600 extra damage. damage seems to sum up quite a bit.

so what i find good about draconic is the 2 overload sockets without any tenacity to slot theose enchants XD

I think u could at least test the red and maybe black draconic enchants (with ur BI gear) ad f u like them.... well u at least got a reason to farm the hood and bracers..... (hood ull jutst get tons from the skirmish anyways)

but yeah the idea of slotting full draconic for the defensive stats paired with blue enchants (1600 defense ftw) for the skirimish seems feasible.... that son of a gives me more trouble than lostmouth, as if im without stamina or fox dodge when he does the palm oneshot im screwed.
    edited September 2014
    vosMK3y.jpg

http://imgur.com/vosMK3y

this would be my stats with the 2 draconic 2 GW

still missing another ring of pain and well the artifact belt and the artifact bow i want (got another)

with those 2 at legendary

id be aroun 9k pow
    3.2k crit
    2.5k rec
    1.8k arp (when i also get the 3rd boon)

loosing some ls though ill need the 4th boon to get to the 1.2k i had previously.
    edited September 2014
    I need to try the new dragon chants. If they pan out to be a good increase in damage I could see going for the helm and the bracers.

I use thorn ward/fox/RoA for encounters as archery. I find being able to cast RoA and Fox shift every 5 to 6 seconds feels really useful to me.
    You're right about the RoA being hard to land sometimes (all HRs feel this pain lol), but it being so readily available really helps me in most situations. Fox shift hits crazy hard with the artifact bow bonus to melee base damage. I'll try to post some numbers after I get my bow to legendary this coming weekend ( double RP weekend baby! ).

I am in melee range more than most as archery. That's just how I like to play. It may not be the best way to maximize damage, but it sure is fun.

I also use RoS and aimed strike when I have the chance to keep the dots going for more chances to proc the RG set when I'm not running plague fire.

Lately I've been running vorp all the time mainly to see those huge aimed shot numbers. I admit using vorp I don't always take full advantage of the RG set depending on how the run is going. Sometimes it's not smart to head into melee range to stack some dots you know.

http://imgur.com/papDetO

I know that's a ton of armor pen ! My crit will improve a bit getting the artys to leg, but even around 2200 I crit alot. I really don't think I want more than 2500 crit based on what I've read and seen on spread sheets. I normally drink an accuracy potion to raise my crit a bit when doing runs.

You will also notice my recovery is real low. I honestly have never been a recovery fan with my HR. By the time my dailies are off cd I almost always have enough ap. I will say that it's not as good as it was though since our encounters don't generate ap out of combat anymore.

I believe I will farm the draconic helm and bracers to try out the new overload goodies. It's all good!
    edited September 2014
    I need to try the new dragon chants. If they pan out to be a good increase in damage I could see going for the helm and the bracers.

I use thorn ward/fox/RoA for encounters as archery. I find being able to cast RoA and Fox shift every 5 to 6 seconds feels really useful to me.
    You're right about the RoA being hard to land sometimes (all HRs feel this pain lol), but it being so readily available really helps me in most situations. Fox shift hits crazy hard with the artifact bow bonus to melee base damage. I'll try to post some numbers after I get my bow to legendary this coming weekend ( double RP weekend baby! ).

I am in melee range more than most as archery. That's just how I like to play. It may not be the best way to maximize damage, but it sure is fun.

I also use RoS and aimed strike when I have the chance to keep the dots going for more chances to proc the RG set when I'm not running plague fire.

Lately I've been running vorp all the time mainly to see those huge aimed shot numbers. I admit using vorp I don't always take full advantage of the RG set depending on how the run is going. Sometimes it's not smart to head into melee range to stack some dots you know.

http://imgur.com/papDetO

I know that's a ton of armor pen ! My crit will improve a bit getting the artys to leg, but even around 2200 I crit alot. I really don't think I want more than 2500 crit based on what I've read and seen on spread sheets. I normally drink an accuracy potion to raise my crit a bit when doing runs.

You will also notice my recovery is real low. I honestly have never been a recovery fan with my HR. By the time my dailies are off cd I almost always have enough ap. I will say that it's not as good as it was though since our encounters don't generate ap out of combat anymore.

I believe I will farm the draconic helm and bracers to try out the new overload goodies. It's all good!

Well i have just tried red, black and blue. Red is best, black is nice and blue.... well maybe if i geared for more hp instead of defence it could be better but skirmish boss still oneshotted me, and ticking 600 hp for a blow that removes 80% of ur hp is not a good tradeoff XD.

Good thing is u have BI gear so u can test them and see if u like them before even bothering to farm the draconic pcs.

SO ur basically playing how i was playing pre mod 4 when we had correcting aim and prime critical ( i didnt use royal guard then either as just with those 2 and some recovery i already had those sort of cds). Im no stranger to that style, and really enjoy it alot... and miss it, the melee archer shifting around <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while raining arrows and multiple thorn wards on them XD

Since i have played like that for quite some time, im adept at it and dont shy out of going melee as archer but the thing is that being closer than 20 feet as an archer nowdays is a big dps hit as 25% crit chance is alot, specially with vorpal. Before we couldnt care less about our distance as we had higher base crit and relied on correcting aim to increase it further. Now i tend to try to be at least at 20" (watching my buffs) the most time possible before being forced into melee coz of agro, this usually tends to be my best chances at succesful rao too..

yeah, ur arp is high and crit is ok( one of the reasons i dont like royal guard) , i still like to be more in the 3.2-3.3k range or even higher as that 2-3% crit chance actually is a meaningfull dps gain with vorpal in the long run. Specially on higher gs toons where u dont have many more options of dumping those offensive stats (my opinion). and well with royal guard u dont need the recovery, it does come in handy without it though. as getting 20% cdr + ints actually ends up mattering, and it also helps with ap gain. (which i also have noticed the hit from pre mod 4). But since stormstep nerf and seismic dps buff i tend to favour the later and just build to max and dump.... getting huge aoe crits with it (70-100k depending on debuffs/ prey etc)
    edited September 2014
    Btw I saw u chose the rapid shot bow, any particular reason for it?

I think i want the split shot one, as more stamina per shot sounds very nice and prefer more ls over more arp but.... i have my doubts over the rapid shot one, more dmg per hit and it synegises better with the red draconic enchantment...

thing is split is always in my bar and i tend to favour aimed over rapid due to the huge crits (still use rapid situationally though), but maybe its time to switch single target atwill.

thoughts?
    edited September 2014
    Btw I saw u chose the rapid shot bow, any particular reason for it?

I think i want the split shot one, as more stamina per shot sounds very nice and prefer more ls over more arp but.... i have my doubts over the rapid shot one, more dmg per hit and it synegises better with the red draconic enchantment...

thing is split is always in my bar and i tend to favour aimed over rapid due to the huge crits (still use rapid situationally though), but maybe its time to switch single target atwill.

thoughts?

I chose this bow because of the stats and because of the rapid strike. I pvp alot so extra ArP is always welcome. I like the rapid strike bonus more than the rapid shot. When I swap to combat spec the bonus to rapid strike is nice. I will say noticing the difference to rapid shots is nice too, but not as much as the strike when I'm combat spec.

I was torn between the rapid strike bow and aimed strike bow. I think the aimed strike bow might be the best for pvp.

I have to say I'm really into pvp more than pve in this game although over the past 2 weeks I haven't pvped much at all. I've been enjoying farming the new epic skirmish to make some AD off gems and that last boss gets my adrenaline going with the threat of being one shot. I love that kind of challenge.
  • spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For those of u running Pve with black ice sets are the overload sockets worth it in pve?

How often do they proc?, do they stack? any icd?

I wasnt much a fan of running black ice for pve coz all the wasted tenacity, but with the draconic set thats not so much of an issue. The 4pc set bonus seems to suck pretty much (specially if the 5% ap is like other ap gains which is a % of ur ap gain and not additive). but i could see myself running 2 pc bonus for the 2 overload slots.

thoughts?

Don't worry about the waste of tenacity, Corrupted's stats are way better than Draconic's ones, plus the bonus is a nice boon whenever it procs.

Overload wise the glyphs don't seem to be that much of a powerful addition, even the best ones, the red ones, are barely noticeable: 600 extra damage per hit on a 15k split shot crit is laughable at best. I'd rather go with the plain old Greater Corrupted, 800 power pumping everything's damage and extra AP is something I really love to see proc'ing.

Royal Guard wise I think its use is now reserved to boss fights, trash pulls last way too little time to care about shorter cooldowns, and without the old cw's control you can't really abuse of RoA and TW that much, you're probably doing more damage just by spamming soft-charged split shots.

A little OT, if you want to try something nasty try grouping 2 GFs with different levels of KV (In this way they do stack), charge Split the Sky and prepare to see the thundercloud going nuts as the damage the group receives keeps bouncing from a GF to the other, proc'ing endless lightning ticks.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't like the idea of the Black Ice gear and Draconic gear having mixed stats and even worse set bonuses. I preferred the previous methods adopted on Royal Guard or Grand Warden. I still use the Royal Guard set and with Plague Fire the set bonus procs a lot so I don't bother with Recovery at all since I use mostly Disruptive Shot as my daily. Shorter CD's mean more RoA and StS which in turn could proc the set bonus again.

People seem to think that Black Ice gear is sub-par because of the tenacity on it, what they don't realise is that the tenacity is just a bonus stat on the gear - all the other stats are higher than on say the Royal Guard set.

I have the Corrupted BI armor set but I don't use it because I would have to completely switch around everything due to there being very little ArP on the CBI set. I am only missing the Draconic boots (too much zergfest lag at Vilithrax to give me a chance of Great Success) but I doubt I will use that either even if it did drop.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited September 2014
    Don't worry about the waste of tenacity, Corrupted's stats are way better than Draconic's ones, plus the bonus is a nice boon whenever it procs.

Havent advanced much in iwd campaing though, just got 3rd boon and quit..... not gona bother with it either. I got draconic basically as i was farming gems and doiing dailies.... the stats in the Helm and bracers are not that bad anyways.
    Overload wise the glyphs don't seem to be that much of a powerful addition, even the best ones, the red ones, are barely noticeable: 600 extra damage per hit on a 15k split shot crit is laughable at best. I'd rather go with the plain old Greater Corrupted, 800 power pumping everything's damage and extra AP is something I really love to see proc'ing.

600 extra damage per target hit is not that bad... and really good if u use fast attacking skills. Ur not looking at it correctly, split shots and aimed shots are not obviously the best skills for this, now think each tick of roa ticking for 600 extra dmg per target, each thorn ward tick each sts tick.... and more so everything firing off at once while u split shot spam. suddenly that 600dmg per hit starts to snowball. You can also use one red and one black, loose uptime and gain even more dmg per hit for shorter fights as both will trigger for 600 dmg per hit and 450 dmg per second per target..... compare that to grand wardens set bonus, that is pathetic as it even has to proc....

If u want the 800 power just use whites.... shame red gives arp where we are already capped... but red+black means more critchance too.
    I don't like the idea of the Black Ice gear and Draconic gear having mixed stats and even worse set bonuses. I preferred the previous methods adopted on Royal Guard or Grand Warden. I still use the Royal Guard set and with Plague Fire the set bonus procs a lot so I don't bother with Recovery at all since I use mostly Disruptive Shot as my daily. Shorter CD's mean more RoA and StS which in turn could proc the set bonus again.

yeah i hate ithat about them too, thats why i dont bother with 4pc and would love to see revamped t2 sets with higher (t2.5) stats and overloads. Btw u dont need Royal guard to have permanent sts and tw uptime ( for me its just 1 sec cd) we enough recovery and the ranged cd feat i can cast those again just briefly after as they expire. roa and faster fox would basically be the only benefit, as here i do have to wait 5 s from when roa ends, and here u could stack more than one unlike tw and sts.
    People seem to think that Black Ice gear is sub-par because of the tenacity on it, what they don't realise is that the tenacity is just a bonus stat on the gear - all the other stats are higher than on say the Royal Guard set.

I have the Corrupted BI armor set but I don't use it because I would have to completely switch around everything due to there being very little ArP on the CBI set. I am only missing the Draconic boots (too much zergfest lag at Vilithrax to give me a chance of Great Success) but I doubt I will use that either even if it did drop.

oh i diddnt know tenacity in the bi set was free... still id have to farm it, continue the campaing etc and im not really up for it. Yeah im basically only missing the draconic boots aswell and not botherig for the same reason.... whispering cavers sucks which i dont really understand, rothe is ok and u can get the same stuff.... even better as the bracers are from there, and boots well nothing special.
    edited September 2014
    Now that i have my artifact bow at legendary status i swapped grandwarden set for dreadlegion one for the 2/2, as i needed more ls.

i thnk i like it like this better, and rapid shot with red drconic glyphs is awsome:

here is how my stats look like now:

q8NyUvO.jpg

BTf1hen.jpg
    edited September 2014
    here is a vid of a random pug run of epic Lair of Lostmouth using that setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YhDtnszC0g (sorry for the bad quality youtube sort of ****ed it up even more)

So u can see what sort of benefit ur getting from using red glyphs in pve with fast ticking powers/dots. Imho they are pretty much worth it if u take advantage of them, and would be even more sick in a regular dungeon packed with trash where the aoes make the full screen with damage procs.
    edited September 2014
    Ok these days i have been parsing several different runs to check out the efficency of running a 2/2 overload socket setup to see the efficency of the change and im pretty much sold.

I think its pretty much BIS for pve and an archer, probably combat as well as the more attack ticks/dots u pull off the more benefit u get from red dragon glyphs.

Aspect of the flame ended up to be 8-9% of my total dmg in standard mob happy runs like vt and mc
    and 5-6% in LOL were its heavy single target.

couldnt be sure how to quantize royal guards setbonus vs a good recovery setup one but it is some 5% more dps than running a double critrating setbonus setup for an extra 2% critchance.
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not a fan of any of the HR BI or Draconic gear. 2/2 GW and 2/2 DL for me. BI may be good, but on principal I just refuse to invest that amount of resources into a module with one skirmish. I guess I'm just stubborn. As it sits now with three legendary artifacts, legendary belt and bow I'm at just shy of 21,000 GS where I get to pick and choose which stats I actually want. Sacrificing the ability to "stat chase" exactly the right amounts is a deal breaker for me. 12.6K power while in combat > overload slots imho.
    edited September 2014
    Here's why I'm not a fan of BI or Draconic gear:

dfbsn.png
    edited September 2014
    well ur sort of comparing oranges to apples, If i had as much invested in the toon as u i could probably have 12k power and overloads......

Ur gain of power doesn come from using 2gw instead of 2 pc draconic/bi its from the rest of the stuff (enchants and artifacts).... 2 pc gw is exactly 232 more power than 2 pc draconic, so in ur case i think it could probably still be better, 12.2k power with overloads instead of 12.4k power. the real gain of 2 gw/2 dl is th crit rating, in total u would loose like 1k crit rating, still leaving u at aroud 3.3k which would be like 2% crit chance loss. with ur crit chance thats less than 3% dmg, maybe another 1% from power.... it still is less than the 8% gain from red glyphs...... even if the actual glyphs represent less than that 8% coz u hit that hard, it still will be more than what 2% critchance and 200 power will give you.

u get some extra power too from the 2 grandwarden in comparison (230)... but u could might as well slot power overload enchantments and come out ahead if thats ur thing (+800-230).

I used to use ur setup before 2pc gw / 2 pc dl (actually just switched since mod 2) and i find this better, mind i dont have all those legendaries or r10s, just r8s.

btw how the hell did u reach 12.4k power? numbers dont add up to me. say i had an ioun with 3 offense slots, 3 leg power artifacts and all rank 10s it would be like 11.5k pow or so.
    edited September 2014
    @mh0ram

I am sort of bored at work right now, so i did some calcs using :

http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/342-crit-power-and-dps-the-numbers-guide/

so if u drop from 4.2k crit to 3.3k crit its a 1.04% dps loss.

and dropping 200 power would be a 0.7% dps loss.

While i do understand that u already have maxed out your power and couldnt possibly squeeze much more in, thus an any extra %damage from crit is good. I still think u would net more gains from overload sockets as it will for sure be a bigger %damage gain than the loss from the crit rating and power.

just using an 800 power overload enchantment (600 pow because -200 from set change) will net u 2.1% damage (0,35% increase) and a red dragon glyph will be more than double that (5-7%).

just sayin.
    edited September 2014
    Xiame,

1st question: That shot is while in combat, so you gain the power from the feat rising focus there. Also, I'm potted (as I'm always potted in combat)

2nd question: I'm satisfied with what I have, and would rather help others than get more gear. I'm sure you're right on the overloads, but I feel I've earned the right to be lazy with this character now and consider it "done" except for boons. Now it's time to help guildies and random pugs get their gear, generally enjoy the game instead of grinding like I have for this character.
    edited September 2014
    mh0ram wrote: »
    Xiame,

1st question: That shot is while in combat, so you gain the power from the feat rising focus there. Also, I'm potted (as I'm always potted in combat)

2nd question: I'm satisfied with what I have, and would rather help others than get more gear. I'm sure you're right on the overloads, but I feel I've earned the right to be lazy with this character now and consider it "done" except for boons. Now it's time to help guildies and random pugs get their gear, generally enjoy the game instead of grinding like I have for this character.

ah ok that explains it :D I was freakin out as i didnt have a clue of how to go over 11.5k power

yeah ur toon is pretty much done tilll new stuff comes out. Im also pretty lazy with mine nowdays as i dont want to really grind to ur level of toon, i myself didnt bother with iwd after 4th boon (no bi gear). Thing is the draconic gear just dropped while i was grinding for the artifact weapon.... so i decided to test it and was happy with it, as with all the LoL grinding i also had a pretty good stock of red glyphs.

I myself am mostly just doing LoL n Sot (not so many actually) for the stupid belt and books. And same thig if i feel like doing a t2/t2.5 ill just pug it for fun and help peeps out, i really just need the belt..... and well better enchants,artifacts.... but those are too expensive to keep me interested.
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I'll chip in my 2 cents. It appears I'm the only 4-piece GW user here (set stats. RG cooldown is nice, but I don't use deflect or reg at all)

I didn't pick up BI because the stats were scattered between pieces and having to do constant BI upkeep would take too much effort and resources. I won't deny it's far better in slot than GW or RG and draconic looks better than those two, too, but stat-wise, they don't work as a 2/2 or replacement for GW in my build (Power, Crit&AP, Rec&LS)
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
    edited September 2014
    ikapamk wrote: »
    I'll chip in my 2 cents. It appears I'm the only 4-piece GW user here (set stats. RG cooldown is nice, but I don't use deflect or reg at all)

I didn't pick up BI because the stats were scattered between pieces and having to do constant BI upkeep would take too much effort and resources. I won't deny it's far better in slot than GW or RG and draconic looks better than those two, too, but stat-wise, they don't work as a 2/2 or replacement for GW in my build (Power, Crit&AP, Rec&LS)

Actually if i remember correctly GW setbonus was smething like 1-2% of the dps, pretty underwhelming.

If its the stats ur after (same stats as all of us) id recomend 2pc gw / 2 pc DL... balances arp pretty well gets more LS and gets a ton of crit, which by itself can already mean something like gws setbonus in dps, depending on ur stats ofc.

btw using 2 pc draconics hasnt altered much my stats, lost a little bit of power and alot of crit that went into reg and defl but since i was so over stacked it actually helped me stay in the sweetspot for a p vorp+15% severity build. U can check my screenshot, well now its a bit higher due to artifact leveling.

basically: 9.3k pow
    3k crit
    1.9k arp
    2.1k rec
    1.2k ls

so even with the weird distributions in draconic the stats are not that hard to juggle.