Install Arc
Options

One More sneaky Nerf really ?

thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Wilds
Was looking today at bows.
DjLMVPft.png

now you see +30 base damage.
But on wednesday I saw it was + 30%. One more sneaky nerf?
This thread says too + 30% http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717681-HR-Artifact-Weapon

So seem like devs continue to love combat HRs.

So if you compare base - range got base +65 damage even on green level bow. But combat melee will only get +30 at lvl 100.
Both in comparation to ancient trapper ones.
And we still don't get any melee artifact offhand - out main. looks like no reason to stay combat on top levels anymore at all.

Update: posted a bug report http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?753511-Artifacts-for-HR-show-30-damage-rather-then-30
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's possible that it was a typo, not a nerf. I doubt that so many people had the artifact weapon fully upgraded that it required a nerf or was "too OP."

And I don't know why you want an artifact offhand when none of the other classes have artifact offhands. You still get the stats from the main hand while in melee mode, just the damage is different.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    first part - it may be a typo but this typo was in preview and live for monthes. If they want to change it - ok do it .Just say about it in patch notes really. Just state that there was a typo from "Increase damage done ** by 30%" to "Increase melee attack base damage by +30". pretty big typo by still - don't really like "sneaky" part of it.

Well lets assume that combat HR blades is main since we fight with it. There are plenty offers before - like able to wear only 1 artifact - melee or range. So thechnically offhand is our main. Doing so could rebance HRs piercing ets.
    But this is not the thread about it. Just hate "sneaky" part of patches.
  • Options
    spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I actually think it's the other way around.

Let's compare the base melee attack the legendary weapon has with the fomorian's one: 716 vs 686. That's exactly +30.

So I confirm what was stated above, +30% is clearly a typo, and you could imagine that because such an improvement would be way too OP.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I actually think it's the other way around.

Let's compare the base melee attack the legendary weapon has with the fomorian's one: 716 vs 686. That's exactly +30.

So I confirm what was stated above, +30% is clearly a typo, and you could imagine that because such an improvement would be way too OP.

Yeah if you look from this point it is correct - +30 to melee and +30 to range at legendary level.
    I just with they had stated this change in patch notes. Cause it did gave a lot of motivation earlier with +30%. Even thought I do agree that this is really OP