test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Music and Sound FX

huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
So I was trying to edit music and sound fx into my quest. The sounds worked fine when I tested them first, but when I added music, I couldn't hear them anymore. Did I just pick too noisy a music track? Or can you not double up sounds? Is there a way to edit the volume of either?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've used both sounds and music at the same time, it shouldn't be a problem.
    what kinds of sound and music did you choose?
    I usually choose a nature/ambient sound and a music and have no troubles.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My sound effects that simply play immediately (both humanoid) seem to be working fine. (I think they were both covered by the music, and I just have to choose a quieter track) But the sound effects I have linked to components aren't working at all.

Edit: Okay, so after some testing the issue seems to be that any component with a required interact item won't play the sound, even once I have the item. IE: My door won't play a door creak and it requires a key to interact. But when I test a component without an item requirement, it will play the sound. Anyone else having that issue?
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I haven't noticed that, but it's possible that it's why some of mine haven't been working properly. I'll check it out. Sounds like something for a bug report to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]