test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay I'm confused about heroic encounters and IWD in general.

xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
How the hell do you tell which one is epic or not?

Where do you get the gloves?

How do you farm Black Ice fast?

Do you have to get "Great Success" in order to get gloves?

How do you get "Great Success" as a Guardian Fighter ?

Halp
Post edited by xplmao2 on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Control + J will bring up the screen. Click the Tyranny of Dragons tab. Then check the box that says By Location next to it. All items will be organized by where they drop from. The gloves, for instance, drop from the dragon encounter in Rothe Valley.

All dragon encounters are considered epic encounters. The encounters in Icewind pass are Major and Minor Hero Encounters.
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Control + J will bring up the screen. Click the Tyranny of Dragons tab. Then check the box that says By Location next to it. All items will be organized by where they drop from. The gloves, for instance, drop from the dragon encounter in Rothe Valley.

All dragon encounters are considered epic encounters. The encounters in Icewind pass are Major and Minor Hero Encounters.

Talking about IWD. I need the Black Ice gloves.
    edited September 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    Talking about IWD. I need the Black Ice gloves.

Black Ice Gloves drop from any Major Heroic Encounter in Icewind Pass. It's random however. It's best to try and get in a group of like factioned players if you are trying for them otherwise you will be pulling your hair out as you mostly need a great success in an encounter to have a chance at said loot.
  • giwakinsgiwakins Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great Success means NOTHING. iam sitting on 100k black ice, full rep and haven't seen my main hand or gloves drop yet. iam 100 minor 100 major around 50 epic. don't waste your time trying.
    edited September 2014
    giwakins wrote: »
    Great Success means NOTHING. iam sitting on 100k black ice, full rep and haven't seen my main hand or gloves drop yet. iam 100 minor 100 major around 50 epic. don't waste your time trying.

You need a Great Success to have a chance at them dropping. And I didn't waste my time I got my gloves just the other day. They are sitting in my inventory with my chest piece. If you solo, you are less likely to see them. If you team up though better chance.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -Epic Encounters are Purple.
    You will literally see a huge purple spire of Light shooting into the sky from the site of the Heroic.
    -You get the Gloves from any 5 man encounter in Icewind Pass (the first area you open in the Dale). However, the Remorhaz Encounter has the best chance.
    -You go up to the Nodes and Farm away ;) You can buy an item from the Zen Store that will increase the amount of Black Ice you get from each swing of the Pick on the Nodes. You also get more Ice from Nodes in the Open World PvP Areas (the big red splotch on your map). Be warned, some folks like to pick on Ice Harvesters in the PvP Areas. You also get Ice from any Heroic Encounter that you participate in (including just galloping through the general area on the way to somewhere else).
    -Just a little note: Unless you buy extra Gauntlets you will quickly find yourself with a LOT more Raw Black Ice than you can possibly refine. The stuff don't burn that fast, even in Tear Three Gear with Greater Overload Enchants, so it's up to you if you want to do so. Personally I bought a couple of extras so I could have three Crafters going at once. Let me load up 200,000 Refined Black Ice and then not worry about it anymore ;)
    -I've heard as many theories on Great Success Strategies as I've had hot meals. I weigh 275lbs, so you do the math. As far as I can tell it helps to be one of the first couple of people to hit the Boss (like first, second or third) and to do a LOT of damage.
    -As a GF you just lucked out. You class just got a monster of a DPS boost, so you should, in theory, be able to dish it out well enough to place. I managed it myself, but I was using a character that I made and equipped before all the good stuff went BoP. You're going to want to focus on offence here. Griffins Wrath (three rapid, powerful hits), Lunging Strike (hits fast, recharges fast), and, maybe Anvil of Dawn or Flourish (if you have the right Feats).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Does Remo spawn every hour? Or every 1 hour and a half?