test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with Scourge Warlock [Feedback]

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello, the SW is a VERY new class in Mod4, however, I don't think it was ready for release at all.
Here's a list of problems that I think should be fixed ASAP:

Killing flames: Cooldown of this power still activates even if the target died right in the beggining of its cast.

Dreadtheft: HORRIBLE! Sometimes shoots from the head, ignores hight (in pvp, if you cast it from a high place to a lower place target... they won't see a thing!), Lasts 2-3 seconds longer than intended.

Pillar of Power: Huge cast time for a useless power. Make it Lower CD, lower cast time, more dmg and ill use it.

Harrowstorm: Horrible cast time for such a minor damage ability, really hard to pull off in pvp and you cannot be moving at all or it will fail to cast (I know it roots you... But it still applies to when you press the moving keys).

Warlock's Bargain: If the target dies before the end of this power's cast... its a wated 15% of HP. Can't even cancel it.

Hellish Rebuke: Again... Horrible cast time, you could easily remove 0.5sec of it and the animation would have already ended.

Gates of hell: Are we supposed to not move at all after the ability is ready? Because I can't seem to move (or cast anything AKA STUN) until the damage appears. This makes me not use it for PVP at all, its a suicide Daily.

The sprint of this class also seems to be quite buggy as sometimes it starts to flash and I need to stop for a bit for it to go back to normal.

These are my honest first impressions on what could be improved in this class. Its not that it is BAD, but some of these things are unfair to YOU and YOUR ENEMIES (AKA Dreadtheft)
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    Hello, the SW is a VERY new class in Mod4, however, I don't think it was ready for release at all.
    Here's a list of problems that I think should be fixed ASAP:

Killing flames: Cooldown of this power still activates even if the target died right in the beggining of its cast.

Dreadtheft: HORRIBLE! Sometimes shoots from the head, ignores hight (in pvp, if you cast it from a high place to a lower place target... they won't see a thing!), Lasts 2-3 seconds longer than intended.

Pillar of Power: Huge cast time for a useless power. Make it Lower CD, lower cast time, more dmg and ill use it.

Harrowstorm: Horrible cast time for such a minor damage ability, really hard to pull off in pvp and you cannot be moving at all or it will fail to cast (I know it roots you... But it still applies to when you press the moving keys).

Warlock's Bargain: If the target dies before the end of this power's cast... its a wated 15% of HP. Can't even cancel it.

Hellish Rebuke: Again... Horrible cast time, you could easily remove 0.5sec of it and the animation would have already ended.

Gates of hell: Are we supposed to not move at all after the ability is ready? Because I can't seem to move (or cast anything AKA STUN) until the damage appears. This makes me not use it for PVP at all, its a suicide Daily.

The sprint of this class also seems to be quite buggy as sometimes it starts to flash and I need to stop for a bit for it to go back to normal.

These are my honest first impressions on what could be improved in this class. Its not that it is BAD, but some of these things are unfair to YOU and YOUR ENEMIES (AKA Dreadtheft)

I can use harrowstorm fine in PvP and prone with it and the dmg is far from pathetic when you surge the storm its one of the few skills that have major dmg spike synergy with the deadly curse class feature.

Gates of hell will blow up any thing in between you and were you drop the telegraph it will fire to were your standing when your done casting it even if you move out the way in fact its important to move so no one knows what direction the hellish flame is gonna spew out

Warlocks bargain tell me again why you casting this on a neer dead target that's what killing flames is for and on that subject if the target is like at 30% or less health don't even wast killing on it.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    I can use harrowstorm fine in PvP and prone with it and the dmg is far from pathetic when you surge the storm its one of the few skills that have major dmg spike synergy with the deadly curse class feature.

Gates of hell will blow up any thing in between you and were you drop the telegraph it will fire to were your standing when your done casting it even if you move out the way in fact its important to move so no one knows what direction the hellish flame is gonna spew out

Warlocks bargain tell me again why you casting this on a neer dead target that's what killing flames is for and on that subject if the target is like at 30% or less health don't even wast killing on it.

Harrowstorm: I don't think it has that big of a damage spike, the only thing I find it usefull for is to prevent people from using a mount to escape and also mostly to knock them down. Its more for its effects than its damage.

Gates of hell: I know that its important to move away, BUT I CAN'T MOVE AFTER CAST... Its basicly a stun until the spell ends. Is this some kind of bug that only I have?

Warlocks bargain: I don't know about you, but there are always people arround my mobs and many times, they decide to 1 shot the mob I was looking for... Sometimes you don't have the reaction time to not even use it.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Warlocks bargain: I don't know about you, but there are always people arround my mobs and many times, they decide to 1 shot the mob I was looking for... Sometimes you don't have the reaction time to not even use it.
    Warlock's Bargain is for use against big, tough mobs - not trash that can be 1-shot. It's fantastic against bosses when used with Dreadtheft, particularly if you are a Fury 'lock.

Oh - and Dreadtheft is absolutely fine. You just have to learn how to use it effectively. Which is a good thing.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Warlock's Bargain is for use against big, tough mobs - not trash that can be 1-shot. It's fantastic against bosses when used with Dreadtheft, particularly if you are a Fury 'lock.

Oh - and Dreadtheft is absolutely fine. You just have to learn how to use it effectively. Which is a good thing.

Dreadtheft IS NOT fine! It ignores hight but only in the animation, that should never be acceptable! Like I said, if you are in PVP and you use it from a high place to someone on a low place... They can't see a thing! They will be taking damage from ghosts! Thats spooky!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was going to post a fairly well thought out response, however...
    They will be taking damage from ghosts! Thats spooky!
    Since it's 'Spooky', I've found my arguments invalidated.

Touché! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dreadtheft IS NOT fine! It ignores hight but only in the animation, that should never be acceptable! Like I said, if you are in PVP and you use it from a high place to someone on a low place... They can't see a thing! They will be taking damage from ghosts! Thats spooky!
    *shrugs*

Trivial issue. Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeah not a big issue. How about the fact that critical and daughter's promise don't proc creeping death. That's what a big problem is like, class feats that don't work.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Yeah not a big issue. How about the fact that critical and daughter's promise don't proc creeping death. That's what a big problem is like, class feats that don't work.

so... feats "not working" (properly), is worse than a fully bugged out encounter?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so... feats "not working" (properly), is worse than a fully bugged out encounter?

It's not fully bugged out, it has a couple cosmetic issues. Cosmetic issues are not a big deal.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    It's not fully bugged out, it has a couple cosmetic issues. Cosmetic issues are not a big deal.

Allright... I wont argue
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The sole purpose of those two feats is to proc Creeping Death. So yeah - it's a big deal for Fury 'locks.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder