test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question on companions

deadshot1973deadshot1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
hey guys,
quick question I bought the zen spider companion that gives me a posion chance does it stack with the wererat drake seal companion poision chance. one says applies deadly poision the other just says posion
Post edited by deadshot1973 on

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2014
    They stack but not in the but in a cumulative chance. They all have a chance to fire separately on each attack. Assuming a 20% chance (made up number), you would have 2 chances at 20% each to get a poison proc. So you you could wind up with 0, 1 or 2 procs happening.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lordfuzun, your first sentence made no sense and made me laugh. heh. "they stack but not in the but..."

OT: basically like the person above me said the chances don't stack, however they count as 2 separate poisons. So the were rat has his own poison that can proc and the spider has a separate poison that can proc as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • deadshot1973deadshot1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    great thx guys
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    Lordfuzun, your first sentence made no sense and made me laugh. heh. "they stack but not in the but..."

I was going to write something else and didn't quite delete enough of the old sentence... And it made sense at the time. :p
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    I was going to write something else and didn't quite delete enough of the old sentence... And it made sense at the time. :p

No doubt, but I still got a laugh. hehe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Regarding stacking, does the owl and war dog threat reduction stack ?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Probably but it really isn't worth doing.
  • laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Probably but it really isn't worth doing.

When you play the CW master class and have a GF that doesn't know how to hold threat, it realy is
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    laks0n wrote: »
    When you play the CW master class and have a GF that doesn't know how to hold threat, it realy is

No it's still a bad idea. You're better served in that case by more lifesteal on your gear and a unique companion that will help you kill faster. Nothing needs to be tanked, just dodged and burned down.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got the owl for a ranger, and I must say it does seem to make a difference. For skirmishes like master of the hunt, I sometimes see other rangers and wizards running for their lives, while I am ignored, and I am number one on paingiver. For certain boss battles not taking any ranged damage and just standing still and hitting the boss endlessly also is useful, so if it does stack, it is time to get the dog and become even less threatening :cool:
    edited August 2014

Threat reduction is a stat. So it probably does stack additively (i.e. -4% + -6% = -10% thread reduction).

In Cryptic's engine, if a bonus looks like a stat is probably does stack cumulatively unless it says otherwise (e.g. a certain debuff effect may only apply the largest debuff value of a stack). Things which only have a chance of occurring (called a proc in the lingo) are separate. That is each proc is a separate occurance. S you might get 0, 1, ... or all procs firing at once.