test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

about GF

wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
while they can CC me while guarding? while im taking damage while guarding?
is this what tank is for? this is unfair to those who can dodge and avoid lethal damage,
while gf is nothing can do about it!

WHAT DOES TANK MEANS FOR?
Post edited by wachumpong on

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wachumpong wrote: »
    is this what tank is for? this is unfair to those who can dodge and avoid lethal damage,

Something like this ?

how-to-draw-a-tank-for-kids_1_000000009329_5.jpg
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Something like this ?

how-to-draw-a-tank-for-kids_1_000000009329_5.jpg

yea somehow, gf is not a real tank atm, after CW freeze you then its party time
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More like this!
    article_2103339_11_CC60_BD000005_DC_993_634x3712.jpg
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited August 2014
    ok no more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> comment
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    More like this!

HAHAHAHA xD

But yeah in all seriousness, the gf is broken atm bro, our guard doesn't work properly since it should be stopping cc but doesn't. Also there was about 20 reported gf bugs that needs fixing. We are still tanky, but when fighting a cw don't just block, keep pressure on them and bull charge is great against them.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Dodges cannot avoid Ray of Frost and Icy Rays too.

I'd give up on that if they make Ice Knife be unavoidable though.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tank actually means Fortress - with no major LR weapon. If we were a tank, we'd have a (hint,hint) 30k dmg Crossbow.

edited August 2014
    Tank actually means Fortress - with no major LR weapon. If we were a tank, we'd have a (hint,hint) 30k dmg Crossbow.

We hold our block up and we still get hit through it, like it has a hole or something, and we still get controlled through it lol. I would prefer to have a shop in the game where gf players can trade there shield in for an RPG or something. Then when a cw use ray of frost you just blow him to bits with a 99k crit :D
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    more like this!
    article_2103339_11_cc60_bd000005_dc_993_634x3712.jpg

roflmao!!!!
  • urkmockingjayurkmockingjay Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    Chill stacks have always gone through shield.

as for GF, put up your guard and put a blue dragon glyph on and everyone on your team gets the coverage and anyone attacking them get blue dragon damage.

Boom you are now a OP tank
    edited August 2014
    Chill stacks have always gone through shield.

as for GF, put up your guard and put a blue dragon glyph on and everyone on your team gets the coverage and anyone attacking them get blue dragon damage.

Boom you are now a OP tank

But it's not only ray of frost, it's many cc powers and since cw have had there dmg boosted by about 500% then they shouldn't be able to control us so well.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More like this!
    reat

hahaha god this is great
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2014

LOL

Don't just stand there in an Icy Terrain spell! That car needs to L2P. :)
    edited August 2014
    they should change this, theres no point using shield if we still take damage or CC.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In all sense of reality, a GF's shield is not some sort of force field against any and all types of damage. It's a freaking shield, for goodness sake!

Ray of Frost SHOULD be able to cause damage because the GF's metallic shield is being hit with sub-zero temperatures. Fire damage should also be possible against a shield as it would heat the shield up.

Let's at least try to keep some sense of the laws of nature in place . . .

Heck, in D&D, shields did not prevent any and all damage from happening the holder of the shield. This is a silly discussion . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It should just freeze a gf in the block position and only take us out of block once we lose stamina. Then this problem of being frozen by cws with block up would become a less problematic issue than it is currently so the gf wouldn't be totally defenseless but a cw could still cc a gf with chill stacks.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol but ray of frost and icy rays goes through all dodges.. If I were to use my 6 dodges while the CW was ray of frosting he'd still freeze me just like with the GFs shield. Icy rays goes through all dodges too, it's not just the GFs who are experiencing this it's every class just the GFs have more of a straight up block where if they stand their the CW is gonna freeze them faster then a class that's constantly moving in and out of range.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hahaha Glad you guys like my Screen Shot! I am not really upset about chill stacking I do not like Icy Rays rooting me through my shield. Its Icy Rays that places the first chill stacks then RoF freezes us in a block stun quickly after.

Shield up should be immune to CC.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More like this!

LMAO!

5 star image
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    In all sense of reality, a GF's shield is not some sort of force field against any and all types of damage. It's a freaking shield, for goodness sake!

Ray of Frost SHOULD be able to cause damage because the GF's metallic shield is being hit with sub-zero temperatures. Fire damage should also be possible against a shield as it would heat the shield up.

Heck, in D&D, shields did not prevent any and all damage from happening the holder of the shield. This is a silly discussion . . .

this isnt reality, this is D&D Neverwinter. theres no wizard in reality. :/
    my point is every class Shift is very usefull but in gf its not that usefull, GF cant dodge like cw,hr etc.. so whats the point of holding shield if a gf cant even protect herself?
    edited August 2014

It's not reality though, it's a game, a game where a huge shield that protects against 20ft swords cant even protect against a small ice ray. Also even in real life the ice would still hit the shield.....not go right through.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    It's not reality though, it's a game, a game where a huge shield that protects against 20ft swords cant even protect against a small ice ray. Also even in real life the ice would still hit the shield.....not go right through.

Yes, magical ice rays in real life don't behave anything like that.
    edited August 2014

+1 to this
    while im guarding against my enemy, i still recieve lots of damage although it lessen still can kill a GF, damage still hurts
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Also even in real life the ice would still hit the shield.....not go right through.

The shield would probably be metalic, so it's a nice power driver. The cold temperatures would go straight to your arm and then to your body, since your armor is also metalic.

But the game actually shouldn't be like that. Otherwise a single Storm Spell would kill you because of your armor.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Let's make this a non silly discussion then.
    How as a GF will you fight a CW (I suspect you have one)?
    Without the shield giving them the possibility to reach their enemies and avoid their burst....GF doesn't have much.
    They don't have dodge that gives them immunity. They have a CC immunity skill, but it's a daily...and if they die in no time from CW's...how are they supposed to fill the daily?

Have in mind as soon as GF drops the shield he is CC, takes normal dmg...etc. At dungeons it is possible to manage by knowing the mobs, but in PVP people will just wait their stamina to drain and then burn them down.
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    The shield would probably be metalic, so it's a nice power driver. The cold temperatures would go straight to your arm and then to your body, since your armor is also metalic.

But the game actually shouldn't be like that. Otherwise a single Storm Spell would kill you because of your armor.

Einstein is alive?
    GF should be the tankiest class in NW, (atm hr is the tankiest of all tank)
    GF holding his shield up should be immune, this is SHIELD, YEA ITS A SHIELD THAT BLOCK ATTACKS
    edited August 2014

The sword of a GWF is not 20 ft. long - maybe 6 ft. tops.

Anyway, this "game" still follows basic laws of nature - things that get iced-down, freeze; walk into a fire and you ignite and take damage. The same should hold true with a large metal shield. Again, it is not some sort of force field - it is a shield.

Sure the shield can reduce damage from ice/fire, but it should not cause someone to be immune. This is logic.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited August 2014
    The sword of a GWF is not 20 ft. long - maybe 6 ft. tops.

Anyway, this "game" still follows basic laws of nature - things that get iced-down, freeze; walk into a fire and you ignite and take damage. The same should hold true with a large metal shield. Again, it is not some sort of force field - it is a shield.

Sure the shield can reduce damage from ice/fire, but it should not cause someone to be immune. This is logic.

then gf is not the TANK class here, is that what you mean?
    edited August 2014
    then gf is not the TANK class here, is that what you mean?

That makes no sense. I never said the GF's shield should never block damage.

Also, a tank is not always "completely immune from damage" in this game or any other. As a matter of fact some "tanks" have ok defense but it is their extreme offense that makes them tanks, dealing massive damage.

edited August 2014
    That makes no sense. I never said the GF's shield should never block damage.

Also, a tank is not always "completely immune from damage" in this game or any other. As a matter of fact some "tanks" have ok defense but it is their extreme offense that makes them tanks, dealing massive damage.

the problem is we take damage/ we also take CC. do you understand now?
    this is no fair to those who can dodge massive damage