test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Immunity to CC, Why not?

alachikantoralachikantor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Library
How hard would it be to add CC Immunity and think about how better the competition if you added CC immunity to the game. Being frozen over and over again by a OP CW or knocked down over and over again is frustrating. great PvP games like DAOC have this. Stop making life easier for one class and not the others. PvP would start to grow toward a balanced and better PvP for all!!

Frustrated player
Post edited by alachikantor on

Comments

• helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I believe some classes do have cc immunity but for limited times.

Honestly if you want to see balanced pvp the first thing you should ask for is gear limitations. In a boxing match what you have is 2 guys the same weight with the same gloves punching it out for 12 rounds or less. If boxing were like Neverwinter one guy would have a 100 pounds and knuckledusters on the other guy. Its really hard to fix fundamental balance errors with those kinds of distortions.

As regards wizards, wizards have for the longest time been the comparatively low hp, low mitigation, low damage and low control class of the game. People used to joke about the Great Control Fighters. Wizards were the guys everyone killed first because it was easy. Now they have some control and damage and everyone loses their minds. Why won't they go back to being the kill that soothes my ego.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Every class has CC immunity. It's your shift key. Some classes even have more than the one.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I believe some classes do have cc immunity but for limited times.

Honestly if you want to see balanced pvp the first thing you should ask for is gear limitations. In a boxing match what you have is 2 guys the same weight with the same gloves punching it out for 12 rounds or less. If boxing were like Neverwinter one guy would have a 100 pounds and knuckledusters on the other guy. Its really hard to fix fundamental balance errors with those kinds of distortions.

If they gave everyone the same boxing gloves (abilities) the same weight (defenses)... well yeah... there would be no point, in having classes... we might aswell well just be playing some sort of stickman pvp, the pvp in this game is actually made do be this way as different classes have different strengths and weaknesses, so many people call CW OP, i paly a CW, and i find that the 'OP classes' are the things like GF'S, perma TR's, GWF's, HR's... you seeing a pattern here, there are good and bad players of each class, some are strong, some are weak, there are some balance issues that PWE have adressed and are still lookng into, but overall, pvp is prety balanced and honestly, i think if anything, the problem is matchmaking...
  • rappscalli0nrappscalli0n Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    Every class has CC immunity. It's your shift key. Some classes even have more than the one.
    DCs do not have CC immunity under their shift key. Moreover we have Tenacity skill for PVP which gives some CC immunity.
    I've been playing CW for over a year, just after NW went live, and I've been playing a lot of PVP since then. I can tell you that PVP is all about team work. CWs are usually first to get attacked by other classes, and they are very squishy. If you want to get a good CC protection - just kill the CWs first, that's what ppl are doing now in PVP. I can only play to my full potential, freeze and kill everything, when i have support from my team mates. In other matches, when there are players on the oppisite team on "CW killing duty", and i can't hide behind someones back, then usually im dead in seconds.
    Yes, we are quite strong, and i admit, that nothing bad will happen If we have dmg slightly reduced, but PVP is all about a teamwork, an not about who can defeat who in 1v1 combat.
    edited August 2014
    DCs do not have CC immunity under their shift key. Moreover we have Tenacity skill for PVP which gives some CC immunity.
    I've been playing CW for over a year, just after NW went live, and I've been playing a lot of PVP since then. I can tell you that PVP is all about team work. CWs are usually first to get attacked by other classes, and they are very squishy. If you want to get a good CC protection - just kill the CWs first, that's what ppl are doing now in PVP. I can only play to my full potential, freeze and kill everything, when i have support from my team mates. In other matches, when there are players on the oppisite team on "CW killing duty", and i can't hide behind someones back, then usually im dead in seconds.
    Yes, we are quite strong, and i admit, that nothing bad will happen If we have dmg slightly reduced, but PVP is all about a teamwork, an not about who can defeat who in 1v1 combat.

So the DC's dodge doesn't actually dodge? I admit I didn't play a DC past level 20, but I recall it functioning like every other classes dodge. (Other than GF/GWF who don't get a dodge but get other CC immunity options.)

So I'm confused here. Does the DC dodge actually dodge or does it just move you forwards a few feet? Because if it's a dodge, it's CC immunity. You just need to be good and time it right.

My only point is that exactly what the OP of the thread wants is literally already in game. This doesn't include unstoppable, impossible to catch, vengeance pursuit, mighty leap, and or a few other encounters/dailies that provide immunity/dodge.

So if CC immunity is something you want, well, go and take the correct skill/class combination and have it then learn to time it.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    spacejew wrote: »

I think he's talking about diminishing returns on CC. Most games give you a built in resistance to CC over time so you can't be CC'ed indefinitely. Not this game though.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited August 2014
    I think he's talking about diminishing returns on CC. Most games give you a built in resistance to CC over time so you can't be CC'ed indefinitely. Not this game though.

No, this game lets you avoid it entirely with the proper application of said immunity windows. It's the difference between an 'action' MMO and a tab targeting MMO. If you can't dodge, of course you need diminishing returns on CC because it will always hit.

All of this is somewhat tongue in cheek though since I personally don't respect MMO PvP in general. I just think it's amusing that people want to be able to face tank crowd control on every class when that ability is given to at least two classes already. Why play MMO PvP if parity is something you actually care about?

The mind. It boggles.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    No, this game lets you avoid it entirely with the proper application of said immunity windows. It's the difference between an 'action' MMO and a tab targeting MMO. If you can't dodge, of course you need diminishing returns on CC because it will always hit.

You can't dodge icy root, and once caught you're in for a lot of CC (even more if the CW is specced oppressor).

Not really sure gradually building CC-immunity would matter much though because you're likely to be dead before it would have an effect.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited August 2014
    You can't dodge icy root, and once caught you're in for a lot of CC (even more if the CW is specced oppressor).

Not really sure gradually building CC-immunity would matter much though because you're likely to be dead before it would have an effect.

I definitely agree that you will likely be dead before any gradual immunity kicks in.

However if a particular CC is penetrating through CC immunity it is almost certainly a bug. Just reference the fact that, at the moment, Furious Immolation with Twisting Immolation is currently able to daze any boss in the game. I presume that means that it would also daze players through any CC immunity they might have.

It's hard to tell what's an intended game feature and what is simply a bug that may never be fixed. Another reason not to engage in PvP in my mind.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    diotelp wrote: »
    If they gave everyone the same boxing gloves (abilities) the same weight (defenses)... well yeah... there would be no point, in having classes... we might aswell well just be playing some sort of stickman pvp, the pvp in this game is actually made do be this way as different classes have different strengths and weaknesses, so many people call CW OP, i paly a CW, and i find that the 'OP classes' are the things like GF'S, perma TR's, GWF's, HR's... you seeing a pattern here, there are good and bad players of each class, some are strong, some are weak, there are some balance issues that PWE have adressed and are still lookng into, but overall, pvp is prety balanced and honestly, i think if anything, the problem is matchmaking...

You won an award for missing the point in the most complete way possible. Well done. Now make your toon into a 7k toon and queue to get matched against 16k toons and see exactly what I mean, genius.

Now research balanced competitive games by putting some time into counterstrike, starcraft and dota 2.

Off you go
    edited August 2014
    You won an award for missing the point in the most complete way possible. Well done. Now make your toon into a 7k toon and queue to get matched against 16k toons and see exactly what I mean, genius.

Now research balanced competitive games by putting some time into counterstrike, starcraft and dota 2.

Off you go

Way to hit the nail square on the head mate.