test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help getting rid of Guild Leader!

kam4309kam4309 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I am part of a guild that is wanting to up their activity and the leader will not get on hardly ever and doesn't want to hand the reigns over to someone else. Is there a way that we can demote the leader as a group? She won't give any of us co-founders any permissions to change events, recruiting messages, tags, or the guild name. We can just demote, promote, change the message of the day and send mail. Any information will be really great!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You are out of luck. The only thing you can do is start a new guild and get those inclined to do so to come along.. which shouldn't be hard if you have a lame guild leader.

Saw something a long time ago about a possibility of getting ownership if owner is AWoL for long enough, but if she's logging in occasionally there is no way to take her ownership away.

You could always arrange for her to meet with a particularly hungry, exceedingly large group of trolls, I suppose.

BTW- after co-founding two guilds, and watching them die in just this way... and then watching a third one die in a very similar way, I remain guildless, and suppose I will forever more.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Start a new Guild is the better option.
  • kam4309kam4309 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Darn! I figured this is what the answer was going to be but still was hoping! I have thought about starting a new guild but the sticky situation is that this guild was formed with my brother, his woman and her friends. If she doesn't get her act together I am sure I will probably start a new or just be guildless. I only use it for the social aspect of it and partying up for things, I haven't done anything in Gauntlgrym but once. Anyways thank you so very much!
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Why don't you just start a new guild with friends and invite the members from that guild ? Even if it takes longer it would clearly be the best option since I doubt you or anyone would want to get a guild more active with an inactive leader and no other people in charge anyway.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My 2 cents
    Why should there be an option to kick or to demote a guild found/leader from their own guild?
    An option like this will do more bad than good.

for all I know the Guild leader might have a lot of goodies in the guild bank that you and some other members might want to get your hands on (Not saying you do), but the bank is restricted, so now you are trying to find a way to get the guild leader kicked out of the guild (even tho he is inactive) so you can have control of the bank and clear everything out. and that everything you said above is just a way to make it seem like you want to do good.

if the guild members actually want to get engaged in some activities, and the guild leader is never on, then you guys should have thought about creating another guild so everyone who is interested can join, you shouldn't be going around looking for a way to demote a guild leader in his bank.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    geeq5 wrote: »
    My 2 cents
    Why should there be an option to kick or to demote a guild found/leader from their own guild?
    An option like this will do more bad than good.

for all I know the Guild leader might have a lot of goodies in the guild bank that you and some other members might want to get your hands on (Not saying you do), but the bank is restricted, so now you are trying to find a way to get the guild leader kicked out of the guild (even tho he is inactive) so you can have control of the bank and clear everything out. and that everything you said above is just a way to make it seem like you want to do good.

if the guild members actually want to get engaged in some activities, and the guild leader is never on, then you guys should have thought about creating another guild so everyone who is interested can join, you shouldn't be going around looking for a way to demote a guild leader in his bank.

This is exactly why things are the way they are, how would you feel if you had to take a few weeks off and came back to find yourself kicked out of your own guild by some greedy scrubs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kam4309 wrote: »
    I am part of a guild that is wanting to up their activity and the leader will not get on hardly ever and doesn't want to hand the reigns over to someone else. Is there a way that we can demote the leader as a group? She won't give any of us co-founders any permissions to change events, recruiting messages, tags, or the guild name. We can just demote, promote, change the message of the day and send mail. Any information will be really great!

I can understand why someone should want to keep the guild in STO at all costs (huge investment), but in NW the difference between a new guild and an old one is just a few tabs in guild bank... so, just start a new guild!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A friend of mine and me are the active rest of a guild founded at the end of open beta. Some guildies left the game for good and gave us their gear. Now we have enchants, companions etc. for more then 50 million AD in the guild vault.

We would have to kick all of the inactive members, if a group of them could decide to come online again (some of them where RL friends) and take over the guild by majority vote.

I get your needs, but no to kicking active lead.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This could be abused so badly. Let me share a story of what happened to me when I quit WoW.

Basically WoW has this kind of system in it, where, if a guild leader is inactive for a certain amount of time, the next highest ranking person can take over with the click of a button.

This system is extremely flawed and, because we all decided to take a break after finishing our last raid tier while we wait for the next expansion that would exceed the time allowed for this. So, instead of keeping everything together, the guild leader kicked EVERYONE out of the guild before he cancelled his subscription just to guarantee it'd be there when he gets back in about a year.

Things like this should not have to happen, so I vote NO to adding this to Neverwinter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.