test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Restrictions?? REALLY!?

Comments

• adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mavloc wrote: »
    All items purchased with Zen, and all items gained from lockboxes such as enchantments, mounts, ect.

IMO this is a great step into the right direction.

+1 to the devs.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They must have a serious problem with people buying zen, buying stuff with it, selling the stuff, and then filing a chargeback getting their cash back but getting to keep the AD.

This BoP system means people keep the zen purchased stuff they get via chargeback method.

It's still free stuff for those willing to do it, just not free AD.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    To you maybe. For the rest of us, we'd rather support companies that combat the baddies without hurting or taking advantage of the players. They didn't even inform people of lockbox binds. You seriously think that's acceptable? People that potential spend hundreds ending up with items they can't use?
    I'd say legitimate players don't spend hundreds in a go on gambling.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »

Speculation
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I opened my lockboxes and everything was as it always has been. I didn't really get much unfortunately, but everything I did get I was able to put on the AH without issue.

Thanks for the update.

I'm more concerned about the artifacts and mounts from lockboxes being bound though. It's okay making items from the zen store be bound IMO, but I'll be very enraged if the only way to get the artifacts and mounts from the lockboxes is by betting everything on the horrible RNG of the keys.

I'm very unlucky. It's always better for me to buy things instead of relying on luck; I don't want to become poor trying to get an artifact.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Big generalisation there. I've heard of people spending many hundreds on AD sellers. there's no doubt people that spend many hundreds directly. Personally I wouldn't spend so much to receive to so little but whatever.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Big generalisation there. I've heard of people spending many hundreds on AD sellers. there's no doubt people that spend many hundreds directly. Personally I wouldn't spend so much to receive to so little but whatever.

Do you really think they're spending their own money? I find that possibility so remote. If someone was to spend that much rapidly I would 100% lock down their account to investigate as in my mind there is no way a legitimate non-mentally ill person would do so. Some manic people yes, that can happen easily, but..............
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Thanks for the update.

I'm more concerned about the artifacts and mounts from lockboxes being bound though. It's okay making items from the zen store be bound IMO, but I'll be very enraged if the only way to get the artifacts and mounts from the lockboxes is by betting everything on the horrible RNG of the keys.

I'm very unlucky. It's always better for me to buy things instead of relying on luck; I don't want to become poor trying to get an artifact.

I got an artifact from the tyrannical lockbox and had no issues selling on ah, so must be a probation thing.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    I got an artifact from the tyrannical lockbox and had no issues selling on ah, so must be a probation thing.

Doubt it, it's just another rant from the OP, filled with rage, exaggerations, and untruths. Not one single person has been able to confirm lockbox items as bound.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This thread will probably get locked, but I think the takeaway is stop buying zen through Steam.

Seems like the safest way is to have a verified Paypal account, and buy zen through the Arc account using Paypal.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you really think they're spending their own money? I find that possibility so remote. If someone was to spend that much rapidly I would 100% lock down their account to investigate as in my mind there is no way a legitimate non-mentally ill person would do so. Some manic people yes, that can happen easily, but..............
    On another website there was a story yesterday about someone at a club who dropped 80 grand on beer to make a fort out of the cases of beer around his table for the evening at the club. Some people have lots of money.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Doubt it, it's just another rant from the OP, filled with rage, exaggerations, and untruths. Not one single person has been able to confirm lockbox items as bound.

Except Cryptic of course who posted patch notes to that effect......
  • mavlocmavloc Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »

That's because none of them who opened lockboxes were on probation.
    I've already stated one the second page that my account was on probation for purchasing zen through Steam.

My complaint is that the duration of the probation is "indefinite" according to support.
    edited August 2014

Yes, I do spend my own money. It's called having a Job.
    And Steam doesn't allow for charge backs, after your wallet money is spent. That is something only a credit card can do. Which, if people were doing that with steam, Steam would be losing the money, not PWE.

This Probation for Steam users makes absolutely no logical sense.
    edited August 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Be prepared to get multiple probations... I have been on probation 3 times. Each one triggered after buying Zen through my Steam wallet.

EDIT: 2 of the probations so far lasted around 5-7 days.

EDIT 2: I just checked the items I picked up from a lock box last night, and yes items appeared to be bound (R6 Azure stone and Flawless Sapphire)

Guess I'll need to buy Zen ahead of time if I ever plan to need it...

Seriously though, they need to find a better way to handle their problem rather than putting their entire paycheck on Probation.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Your account must be on probation or there must be some sort of bug.

All my zen and lockbox stuff are still BOE.

Please check your facts next time before posting a forum thread
    edited August 2014
    Your account must be on probation or there must be some sort of bug.

All my zen and lockbox stuff are still BOE.

Please check your facts next time before posting a forum thread

Please read the actual thread next time before posting.
    edited August 2014
    tousseau wrote: »

Yeah no idea why they pushed to put their game on Steam (probably to get more players) then turn around and reject the payments Steam uses.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I purchased some zen as I always do each week usually, only a small amount but a few weeks ago after my purchase I got a message saying "Due to recent purchase activity your account is temporarily unable to sell zen on the market". I asked on forums and I was told it was just a one time security thing since the update so I was annoyed but accepted it. It was about 2 weeks before it stopped and I could finally use my zen then I bought some more and it happened again.........................at this point I just gave up on the thought of spending money on the game ever again, I'm not waiting 2 weeks everytime I buy 500 zen lol and then by time I can sell my zen, all the prices have gone up in market by a lot so I don't think I will spend on this game again or for a long time at least.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mavloc wrote: »
    Yeah no idea why they pushed to put their game on Steam (probably to get more players) then turn around and reject the payments Steam uses.

Why not just pay with paypal if your having issues paying through steam. Shouldn't be that difficult of an adjustment.
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I purchased some zen as I always do each week usually, only a small amount but a few weeks ago after my purchase I got a message saying "Due to recent purchase activity your account is temporarily unable to sell zen on the market". I asked on forums and I was told it was just a one time security thing since the update so I was annoyed but accepted it. It was about 2 weeks before it stopped and I could finally use my zen then I bought some more and it happened again.........................at this point I just gave up on the thought of spending money on the game ever again, I'm not waiting 2 weeks everytime I buy 500 zen lol and then by time I can sell my zen, all the prices have gone up in market by a lot so I don't think I will spend on this game again or for a long time at least.

This is also my issue. Why spend real money for Zen if I cant use the Zen?
    PWE needs to fix this.
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Why not just pay with paypal if your having issues paying through steam. Shouldn't be that difficult of an adjustment.

I'll have to try this next time after my probation is up.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Why do you say that? I certainly have as have others I know (one friend of mine opened over 300 lock boxes in 2 days)
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Really? You don't think there's legit people out there to buy loads of keys for lockboxes that have an extremely low chance of getting what you want? Cryptic take advantage of gambling addition in that regard. It's their intention for people to spend mad amounts. I knew someone who spent a grand on another game, they weren't even rich.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

A lot of people spend money on this game, some spend little amounts and some spend a lot. The game I played before this one I found out high lvl was just p2w so I quite, one guy I knew on there spent 40k!! that is way too far I think but everyone feels differently about it.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Okay...

Let's get this straight, the OP is on probation. All items he buys will be BoA because he is on probation. This is not a change that effects everybody.

More or less this entire thread is boils down to a person complaining they can no longer use a loophole in the system. Any person on probation is not able to sell anything purchased with Zen. Being able to sell lockbox items was an obvious oversight.

If your account is not on probation you will notice no change.
    But with that there's nothing left for this thread. Complaining that accounts on probation can't sell items associated with Zen is not a complaint with merit. When the account is taken off of probation it will be able to function normally but any Zen item being sold while on probation is a bug.
  • thetruestrugglethetruestruggle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So this is the first time posting on the forum. I was really hoping not to but we cant all get what we want. Which brings me to my next statement. I am NOT able to buy anything in Auction House. Why is this!? There are things that I need, which are rare, and unable to get. I dont think its cool that I must suffer over this. I have skimmed thru forums, but I have not found anything yet. Please reply. Im running out of time. :mad:
  • whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Accounts with no lvl60 characters have limitations on making purchases from the AH. Not sure what the exact limit is, but I'm sure a mod will come along who knows the exact numbers. It sux, but there's little to be done about it I'm afraid.
    I am pretty sure the limit is around 100k AD. I had bought some profession assets while leveling one day and that was what it ended up about.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The support page and tickets on arc are down, of course, so I figured I would ask here. Anyone get a message in red when buying stuff from the zen market saying something about an odd purchase history so the stuff you bought might not get bound to you. I made the zen purchase through steam and then that happened. Shouldnt be anything funky about my purchase history and I don't think my account is compromised. I still have all my stuff and I don't see a bunch of emails for large purchases of zen.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The support page and tickets on arc are down, of course, so I figured I would ask here. Anyone get a message in red when buying stuff from the zen market saying something about an odd purchase history so the stuff you bought might not get bound to you. I made the zen purchase through steam and then that happened. Shouldnt be anything funky about my purchase history and I don't think my account is compromised. I still have all my stuff and I don't see a bunch of emails for large purchases of zen.

Not too long ago, they implemented some system to pick out potentially fraudulent purchases - If you are getting this message, and want to buy something where you need it to be unbound, contact support first to see if they can help clear you out of this warning status. If you don't mind that said items get bound, then buy away...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014

yeah, i got this after the first round of 'probation' on my account...it seems to have gone away since. I think it's just all part of the new security measures...it seems to be particular to steam/paypal users. Pretty sure it will go away in the next few weeks.
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
This discussion has been closed.