test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the rationale behind deleting all Fireblossom Petals prior to the summer fest?

2»

Comments

• psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    None of this really belongs to any one but the company you are paying in may ways just to enjoy to play and there is nothing stopping them from just up and shut down or wipe your account. For one no monthly subscription even then they could do it any way if they wanted too. Its and entertainment franchise like any other, like going to a movie and paying to watch just because you don't like it you can not ask for money back from the one who made the movie only the establishment and in this case your talking to the ones who own and made the game and they might or might not do it. I have paid money my self on stuff in this game that I know I don't really own and could never get back, until this changes which it will not that's just how it is. So you spent hours doing something to get something in the game to build up items to get something else, but did not use it at the time. Well so what as said before none of this belongs to use we are just renters of a sort nothing more, I support there choice to wipe them for what ever reason it was because I don't like hoarders and it puts everyone on the same footing.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    The intention must be to make it clear that the game is not meant to be casual-friendly - that is, players that cannot do enough collecting one year, but hope to complete it a year later, are simply not wanted.

Yep, casual players not wanted. That's the message I keep receiving over and over and over.

Dragonborn race is very likely to be the last Zen I ever spend without thinking long and hard about how they treat casual players. (And I've bought plenty before -- HotN founders pack, a few mounts, a few thousand zen here and there, Dragonborn race, etc.).
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My thoughts are maybe, just maybe, that the old ones and the new ones of the fireblossoms etc are coded different on their internal servers, so thus the old one would not work with the newer ones anyway. So it was better to just delete all the old ones to avoid the conflicts that they could have caused. Not an ideal solution but the best for what they created, that is my thoughts anyway.
  • nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    rickcase, that doesn't make much sense. They have like a hundred different currencies, if not more. They didn't do a totally new thing when introducing the fireblossoms, it's something they've done repeatedely before. And the currencies aren't all that complex. Either you got enough, or not. There is not much you can do different. They got a name and an image. Maybe a unique id. They do not even have to have a value, unlike enchantments or gems, since they are worth one. They can simply count the amount for this.

And even if they somehow felt the need to recreate them, if they can delete things, they can add things. Since they need to have a way to check how many a player has when you wnat to things, they could simply add the exact same amount, even distributed exactly the same.

And last but not least: Even assuming they *had* to delete them (which is unlikely) and they could not *replace* them: Why didn't they do it earlier or at the very very very least, announce it?

There are just so many things wrong with how this was done, it it either grossly negligent - or deliberate. Especially the fact that it was so close in time to the next summer event screams "deliberate".
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If the problem is that the new stuff has an expiration timer, I don't see why they could not just replace the old ones with the new ones. Then everyone would be happy.

I am certainly not a casual player, but I was not here for the last Winter or Summer Festivals. But I had various foodstuffs from another one - Gond? Or was it the Anniversary Event with Elminster? And we all know what happened with the Roof Garden Keys.

Anyway, I had some food buffs left over after selling a load as I did not really use them. But I could mail them around with no problem,. But if you buy anything with Fireblossom Petals they are BoP to character. Then, if you take the other stuff from your mail, they stack together and the whole lot is bound.

But this, and other threads, means that I will really not bother with this event. The various CTA events have been going downhill in quality and reward:time ratio quite steadily since Orc Assault. One of my characters has crafted Selunite pants, but she already has a pair she bought from the AH months ago for a fortune in AD and dyed them black.

But, apparently, this Thursday's patch will make them unbound.

I'm not bothering to even try and get any mounts or companions, as apparently they BoP to character as well; even though they clearly say Bind on Equip. I already have two account-wide 110% speed, Tier 3 mounts - a White Tiger for 3500 Zen and a Unicorn from the Knights of the Feywild pack. I do not want a 50% speed, Tier 1 mount I cannot Auction off. The only mount I would be interested in would be a Drake for my Dragonborn Warlock.

But I would like to be able to mail the foodstuffs from my level 60s to my level 26. Where they might have some use.

~