test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon Glyphs are messing up PvP!

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Yeah i know the Blue dragon glyph got fixed. But remember there are more colors.

Red is insanely overpowered and clearly a pay 2 win item that give another player huuuuge advantage in PvP. You totally destroyed PvP with the introduction of these Glyphs and it was the one item that the players dident have the chance to test, but it was on the devs. And it did not turn out great. You seriously need to take all of these back. It has gone way to far with this pay to win **** already.

In domination it should be fair and equal. Not everyone has 400k every 2 hours to spend on glyphs.
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I see red being a problem next. The only good thing is at least you'll be able to attack the person using it unlike how blue was.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly I wish they would only allow your actual armor and weapons to effect you in PvP. No bonus from artifacts, no usig artifacts, no glyphs, no nothing. Just your armor and weapons and your regular slot enchants. Hell even make it so Wep and Armor enchants don' work in PvP.

I am in no way being sarcastic nor am I trying to troll. PvP would be so much better and easier to actually balance if they simply disallowed the use of anything that isn't your regular armor and weapons and regular enchants.

I feel like the way these things work and scale were purely intended to help with the more significant PvE challenges. Yet, what they really do is ruin PvP and keep it from having any kind of real balance. You can't balance the classes effectively because we have all of this extra stuff contributing to our character. Some items giving us abilities and procs that are almost impossible to balance between all the classes.

So , yea, just make it so that in PvP (except IWD) that Artifacts, Glyphs, Wep enchants, Armor Enchants and the like aren't activated. Even the bonus stats they give should be deactivated in PvP.

The only things that should contribute to our PvP should be our Armor and Weapons and our skill. You can over compensate lack of skill with all of these types of items and effects. What you can't do is overcome the huge gap in power it creates with nothing but skill.

Keep PvP skill based and take the bonuses of all these extra things away while in a Domination match and GG. Voila, the PvP is already way more balanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep. This was the P2W limit for me. It was a fun run for a year. Too bad it ended in a greedy way like this
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's in their interest for people to want these things. The only way to get them is through the Zen store (or second hand on the AH, but originally they're from the zen store).
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's in their interest for people to want these things. The only way to get them is through the Zen store (or second hand on the AH, but originally they're from the zen store).

That is the truth behind why we will never have balanced PvP. There is no arguing that spending money gives you the advantage, but the amount of advantages it grants are just way out of proportion.

The fact that the easiest way to get these items is with money makes most people just spend the money. I just really hate how people think that having all of these advantages = being good. Yea, you are super skilled at making that purchase. Your Credit Card power is over 9000!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, they're crazy OP.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i think this game have a unique and one and only developer !
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I only did PvP once this module and these reasons are why. If it is ever sorted I might return to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, I tried the red one and it's nothing like the blue. It doesn't proc off any damage you do so it's not like a constant string of damage (not weapon enchants or anything like that), just regular ability damage.

It's a boost but I don't think a lot of players are going to be spending AD on them.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sad fact of the matter is

people eat this stuff up

this game tends to cater to the haves instead of the have nots, by nature of it's free to play design

and...it works for them...they're flourishing

who knows if they'll change their ways, not if it doesn't bring income
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pvp has become the bigest joke ever.
    it has become normal that u dont even need to fight to kill.
    just stand there and do nothing is enough

played against such premade today

the fight started as i landed 4 full df on their gf in very short time.
    as i looked to my hp i had 20%hp left and he had 80% hp left
    if i done one more i would be dead.
    he just stood and hold his shield up , jumped few times in betwen like he was doing something important and i was abouth to die
    he didnt land a single encounter ,hell he didnt land a single at will.
    after he told me im very bad tr coz i use df (df is not good on tank ? lololoolol)
    what should i use as perma tr cloud of steel lol.
    but thats the kind of players u meet in pvp nowdays they see nothing wrong in this
    infact they realy belive its their skill doing that dmg no joke.

its become normal that tank dc has more kills then deaths
    to even question that is insane here is responce of that dc: HOW DARE U CALL ME OUT ENCHANTS WERE FIXED .
    yeah like 15 min ago lol.what abouth 300 kills hehe

its become normal that trs dont even use df but only daily with pvorp
    and wait that dc arti comes off cooldown.
    before was the biggest shame even to use daily on felow tr in 1v1

its become so normal that 99% people in pm channel kiss *** to such people.

well i still won coz skill knows no limits and finds the way like a water
    ta ta
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    pvp has become the bigest joke ever.
    it has become normal that u dont even need to fight to kill.
    just stand there and do nothing is enough

played against such premade today

the fight started as i landed 4 full df on their gf in very short time.
    as i looked to my hp i had 20%hp left and he had 80% hp left
    if i done one more i would be dead.
    he just stood and hold his shield up , jumped few times in betwen like he was doing something important and i was abouth to die
    he didnt land a single encounter ,hell he didnt land a single at will.
    after he told me im very bad tr coz i use df (df is not good on tank ? lololoolol)
    what should i use as perma tr cloud of steel lol.
    but thats the kind of players u meet in pvp nowdays they see nothing wrong in this
    infact they realy belive its their skill doing that dmg no joke.

its become normal that tank dc has more kills then deaths
    to even question that is insane here is responce of that dc: HOW DARE U CALL ME OUT ENCHANTS WERE FIXED .
    yeah like 15 min ago lol.what abouth 300 kills hehe

its become normal that trs dont even use df but only daily with pvorp
    and wait that dc arti comes off cooldown.
    before was the biggest shame even to use daily on felow tr in 1v1

its become so normal that 99% people in pm channel kiss *** to such people.

well i still won coz skill knows no limits and finds the way like a water
    ta ta

That wasn't even the response what... And you didn't win you ran
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Devs basically reverted pvp back to pre- tene nerf times, when you just needed a broken p2w enchant to deal most of the DPS for you.

The amount of passive DPS in pvp right now from glyphs and cws is so absurd it's almost funny.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That wasn't even the response what... And you didn't win you ran

looooooool
    who are u again u were in that game?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pay to win discussions/references are not allowed.

flaming any person or entity is not allowed.

PWE welcomes your feedback as long as it is presented in a respectful and constructive manner. if you're not sure how to provide respectful or constructive feedback, if it sounds demeaning and/or insulting then it does not qualify for respectful and constructive.

in the immortal words of robin williams:

<DING> NO but thanks for playing!
This discussion has been closed.