What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rakshava's Off-Tank Temptation Support SW Guide

2»

Comments

• johnjambonjohnjambon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for that build :)
    Any update for Tyranny of Dragons boons?

Sorry for my english :x
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Quick (almost) update:

Sharandar boons will be posted as soon as the server comes back up.
    I'm lacking the books to get the last two Dragon boons so I may just have to highlight the ones I would get.
    And a quick answer to Hudman21: Active bonuses are a matter of personal preference and what works best with you. I suggested a few I like but if you like others and can make them work well then go for it :)
    Oh and to the Blood Pact of Cania question: After running my old spec and new spec through ACT quite a few times my new spec actually did more dps, so pretty sure that feat isn't working, or if it is its not worth the 5 points.

Edit: Sharandar and Tyranny boons now up.
  • mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hum, a question, I play with my husband who showed me an issue he has with my Temptation Warlock, I was wondering if anyone else has either experienced it or noticed it also.

With regards to our 'Compounded Soul' feat for some reason it seems to stick our Allies Health, it gives Temporary Hitpoints, but if say the has 3/4 health and a small bit of Temp hitpoints (usually in yellow) it seems to stay there and not go any higher, regardless of how many potions, regen and or life steal the other person has.

My husband plays a Fury Build Scourge Warlock, I'm a Temptation Warlock, anyone got any ideas.
    I have a picture which shows the issue - see below

?ui=2&ik=5a2e322041&view=fimg&th=148d24e03eee00c6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ82LjkizJJxTFcDTYxYqm7B7IdrwT7jYfv9qo85co8-iRambdhhAlzDCDEAUwU39bMToPrGtP_W-7LIf14aGqz0EdCFy8DQycHQYwjLqHzTbeWr7z1JGhtq4cc&ats=1412365050677&rm=148d24e03eee00c6&zw&sz=w1342-h533
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mosaic06 wrote: »
    With regards to our 'Compounded Soul' feat for some reason it seems to stick our Allies Health, it gives Temporary Hitpoints, but if say the has 3/4 health and a small bit of Temp hitpoints (usually in yellow) it seems to stay there and not go any higher, regardless of how many potions, regen and or life steal the other person has.

Couldn't see your picture attachment so sorry if my assumption is off base. I imagine that what you are describing is someone who is at full base health but missing a chunk of temp hit points. You can't heal temp HP and they aren't technically missing any health to heal at all.I concur that it can be visually misleading of course.
  • mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no problem if you can't see it, not your fault :)

The image appears to show health (marked in red 3/4 full) Temporary Hit-points (marked in yellow about 1/4 inch size) and a gap of about 1/3 ish blank (no health, Hit points etc. just blank space)

The issue for him seems to be, that when the Compounded Soul Feat is activated it seems to be stopping my husband SW from filling up his Health bar (I know you can't heal Temp Hit-points, but one should be able to get one's health up to almost full, with the Temp Hitpoints, being at the far right of the Health bar, not stuck about 1/3 or so of the way down.)

It is amusing and frustrating, since my husband plays a Fury Warlock and has high Regen and Lifesteal, and yet his health bar gets stuck when he plays with me...maybe it's me :)
    edited October 2014
    Hi mosaic06

I can't seem to see the image either so without it I can't tell if what you are describing is a bug or not. Try reuploading it in either the the bugs report section or here. If it is a bug it will have more of a chance of being fixed then.
  • malachimabemalachimabe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since you have to unlock Kessler to get the bi cloak ring and belt, in the mean time could a 3 set like skayer xvim or hrimnir suffice?
    bi6w07.png
    edited October 2014
    I was gonna do a mix/match of Draconic/nether Mage and most likely with dread legion weapons until I can get artifact weapon. I can only afford a lesser terror atm
    bi6w07.png
    edited October 2014
    Update:

Char sheet. Yay for legendary weapon!
    Since you have to unlock Kessler to get the bi cloak ring and belt, in the mean time could a 3 set like skayer xvim or hrimnir suffice?

Sure, or the accessories from the ToD campaign or ancients. Anything that balances your stats really.
    edited October 2014
    Update:

Char sheet. Yay for legendary weapon!

Sure, or the accessories from the ToD campaign or ancients. Anything that balances your stats really.

Ok. I was taking a look at the weapons you can now get from GG they give Power Recovery and Life Steal perfect for temptation warlocks so I'm actually going to run those until I get my artifact weapon bc that means less dungeons for me :)

My plan is to run the 3 piece set from Shores/LoL Neck 2x Rings.
    For my belt probably a slavemaster or something with life steal recovery or defense.
    For armor, I will probably run dungeons for nether should only take a day (hopefully)
    Weapons either a set of grim or the GG ones.

Question, which encounters, at wills, daily said, passive do you actually slot? I see your post on which ones you like but didn't see ones you actually consider using.
    bi6w07.png
    edited October 2014
    Question, which encounters, at wills, daily said, passive do you actually slot? I see your post on which ones you like but didn't see ones you actually consider using.

Encounters and Dailies are in the Q&A section
    At-wills I use Hand of Blight and Dark Spirals
    Passives I use Warding Curse and either Deadly Curse/No Pity No Mercy/Shadow Walk depending on situation
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Rakshava,

I really liked your guide, can i add it to mmominds.com??
    edited October 2014
    Hi Rakshava,

I really liked your guide, can i add it to mmominds.com??

Sure, go ahead. And thanks :)
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure, go ahead. And thanks :)

Thank you a lot for letting me add it to mmominds.com , please check how it is there
  • carpodaccarpodac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    An amazing guide and I have to congratulate you for that! Would you be so kind to make a screenshot of your powers screen? I am really curious how did you spend your power points. Thank you very much!
  • sgtsupertroopersgtsupertrooper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    good guide
  • distancedistance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fellow warlocks, Is it really true the Aura of Cruelty feat adds to your LF too?
  • overdrive91overdrive91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi, I was just wondering if you could post your powers page just so I can have something to go on of where to put my power points. Thanks!
  • curennoscurennos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    distance wrote: »
    Fellow warlocks, Is it really true the Aura of Cruelty feat adds to your LF too?
    I just checked and it does seem to add to my own lifesteal. I'm getting 11% from the lifesteal stat, and then 1% from 'Buffs' (with 1 point in aura of cruelty atm).
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi, I was just wondering if you could post your powers page just so I can have something to go on of where to put my power points. Thanks!

At level 60 you will have enough points to put 3 in every power mentioned in this guide. As you continue to play, you get more power points as your overflow xp bar fills - so eventually you will be able to put 3 points in everything.

If you are mid -30s, I'd put 3 points in Killing Flames, Dread Theft and Fiery Bolt for encounters, 3 points in whichever two at-wills work for your playstyle (I like Hellish Rebuke and Hand of Blight, but it's really up to you), 3 points in Flames of Empowerment for passive feature, 3 points in Flames of Plegethos for daily power, then fill in where you like. By 60, put 3 points in Tyrannical Threat, No Pity No Mercy, Warlock's Bargain and Blades of Vanquished Armies (especially if you feat it). Sprinkle the rest where you like -- and as I said, you'll get them all eventually.
  • curennoscurennos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just wanted to post here after running my first dungeon as a Soul Stealer, Temptation warlock with 9,300 GS.

Great job on putting this together! I love it. My damage was well past the 13k GS TR in the group, and the Cleric was totally unneeded. I took (and healed through >.> ) more damage than the tank - all hail having 30 sparks! My Guardian Fighter friend who I ran a skirmish or so with asked how I was sitting through so much damage.
  • zadryezadrye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    curennos wrote: »
    Just wanted to post here after running my first dungeon as a Soul Stealer, Temptation warlock with 9,300 GS.

Great job on putting this together! I love it. My damage was well past the 13k GS TR in the group, and the Cleric was totally unneeded. I took (and healed through >.> ) more damage than the tank - all hail having 30 sparks! My Guardian Fighter friend who I ran a skirmish or so with asked how I was sitting through so much damage.

I agree with this post. I'm also a Soulbinder Templock, and every skirmish I'm in I out-heal the dc's everytime. I think in dungeons I was out-healed by a dc maybe 1 time. A lot of times in skirmishes I'm the one who takes the most damage also. I love playing this class it's awesome. I've been experimenting a lot with different powers, and what not. The soul-sparks are awesome cause I rarely ever need to use a pot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of Guild: Aimin' To Misbehave
    Join Us Today!
  • illiuneilliune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this can be updated for the new w6 feats and powers, would be awesome. Great guide. I'm loving warlock so far.