test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 4 campaing bug, anyone else?

ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Im having aBug in the second area of the mod 4 campaing where the preceptor theraclast is not giving me his missions, he does not even have the square above him indicating he has any and im already completing the 3rd day in the campaing tab.

I can go to the acolyte in the area and do the missions there directly, but I dont have aceess to either the mini dungeon or the mission that sends me to the acolyte, thus missing a sigil and around 4 boon scrolls a day plus the weekly mission.

anyone is having the same issue? did you solve it anyway?
Post edited by ximae on

Comments

• Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited August 2014
    I think I have the same issue :(

I can do the quests in Neverdeath every days but i only did them once in ebon down and since then no npc gives me quests to do in this area.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Go to Ebon Downs and get the quests from the guy there.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep I got a quest off him yesterday but none today but I could get the two from the guy in Ebon downs .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yeah thats whats happening to me, i can get the 2 scroll quests from the acolyte in the dragon area of ebon downs (kill the dragon and what ever else) but not the 2 missions in PE that send u to the acolyte and to the mini dung for the dragon sigil.
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited August 2014
    I can have the 2 daily quests in ebon down by the npc near the dragon although the map doesn't show anything, you need to go near him^^.

but nothing from the guy in protector enclave :(
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, Ended up with the Ghost Stories and Neverdeath quests instead of Ebon downs ones.
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    bittersweet14bittersweet14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yup same issue as you folks. Got my first day of Ebon Down quests and finished them (yesterday). This morning....Neverdeath quests only. Went to Ebon Downs and nothing was offered there either.

Is this a bug?
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, Ended up with the Ghost Stories and Neverdeath quests instead of Ebon downs ones.

This happened to me too.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Confirmed, can get the two quests in Barrow but nothing from PE so no Barrow raid.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ive sent a ticket already... I guess all of you who are getting the same issue should do the same if u havent done so yet. Hopefully it catches GM atention and they do something about it.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This happened on Preview and I did report it as a bug.

It seems to mostly happen if you don't strictly follow the campaign. For instance, if you jump ahead and do quests in later zones by getting them from the zone contact it seems to screw up the quests offered in PE.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ^^ yeah thats what i was thinking.... as i did the contracts while thecampaing tab bar hadnt finished yet
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This happened on Preview and I did report it as a bug.

It seems to mostly happen if you don't strictly follow the campaign. For instance, if you jump ahead and do quests in later zones by getting them from the zone contact it seems to screw up the quests offered in PE.

Sadly, for a levelling character, you often pick up the first few quests in Neverdeath before anyone in PE seems inclined to offer you anything. The campaign feels messy and fragile right now.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Sadly, for a levelling character, you often pick up the first few quests in Neverdeath before anyone in PE seems inclined to offer you anything. The campaign feels messy and fragile right now.
    There's no contact in PE for the Neverdeath quests other than the Harper who is the central quest hub (forgot her name). I think you need to complete the Neverdeath campaign segment and get the reward before the Ebon Downs quest train is triggered. If you jump ahead and pick up Ebon Downs quests from the zone contact this seems to screw things up.

The other thing to watch for is that the first time you get sent to a zone by a PE contact you should receive a 'deliver report' quest from the zone contact once you finish the initial quests. The quest chain will NOT advance if you don't pick up this quest and turn it in at the appropriate PE contact.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    bittersweet14bittersweet14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's no contact in PE for the Neverdeath quests other than the Harper who is the central quest hub (forgot her name). I think you need to complete the Neverdeath campaign segment and get the reward before the Ebon Downs quest train is triggered. If you jump ahead and pick up Ebon Downs quests from the zone contact this seems to screw things up.

The other thing to watch for is that the first time you get sent to a zone by a PE contact you should receive a 'deliver report' quest from the zone contact once you finish the initial quests. The quest chain will NOT advance if you don't pick up this quest and turn it in at the appropriate PE contact.

Did this ^^ (turn in the report)

Still don't have anymore Ebon Downs quests popping in PE. I did today, however, get the two that were offered by the guy on the edge of the Ebon Downs zone, unlike yesterday. Whomever above said that the quest line felt fragile, they weren't exaggerating. :confused:
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Every day the head-honcho harper in PE sends you to a given zone. If you haven't unlocked the day's zone via Mod 4 campaign it defaults to Neverdeath Graveyard.

Every zone you've unlocked also has 1 daily quest and 1 "kill 'x' dragon" quest. This isn't picked up in PE, but given by local harpers.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I got the quest off the third guy today who sends you off to icespire peak so hopefully I will get more quests off him tomorrow , I didn't get anything off the ebon downs guy in PE again today but could pick up the two quests off the guy who is in ebon downs near the dragon .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok the bug seems to be snowballing.

Today, second day in icespire peak i get the following:

in PE:

Comon cause given by the harper (first area)
    barrow raid (second area) given by the perceptor
    nothing from montgomery (3rd area guy in pe)

As always the scroll missions from every guy in its according area. (6 scrolls total)

the funny thing is that i went first to ebon downs to do the borrow raid and on my way did the acolyte missions. So when i went back to pe Those missions counted as the comon cause quest from neverdeath.....

Ive got one question though, The peole who are not bugged by this, can they get 3 sigils and 12 arcane lore per day righ now? or they can still only do one comon cause (or its equivalent) + 1 minidungeon per day?

Coz like this it seems its gona take for ever to open lostmauth dungeon.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yep, this campaign is kinda bugged in some ways I cant really pinpoint like a day my task to unlock first day took two days and the other missions not showing properly and you have to talk to the guy twice to try to get them all. also all the missions are bugged that when the task giver is talking the mission wont show on the screen, and sometimes only pressing j will solve it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    Ok the bug seems to be snowballing.

Today, second day in icespire peak i get the following:

in PE:

Comon cause given by the harper (first area)
    barrow raid (second area) given by the perceptor
    nothing from montgomery (3rd area guy in pe)

Yeah this is exactly what I got