test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Unstoppable DR Should Be For Sentinels Only

mugiwaracmugiwarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
cc resistance on unstoppable is enough for a gwf that is able to one-shot players. a gwf that can hit equally geared players for 20k with ibs should not be so tanky. damage resistance on unstoppable should only be available to sentinels. this would balance not only pvp, but also the paragon paths. tanks would be tanks and fighters would be fighters. it would require the gwfs some skill to land their deadly routines, since the time for that would be limited due to their squishiness.

devs, please look into this!
King Goponov - GWF
Eleanor - CW (retired after Assailing nerf)

- Brazil PvP Fraternité -
Post edited by mugiwarac on

Comments

• catalinr94catalinr94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited August 2014
    I agree. GWF was always the rolling-face-on-keyboard class. This is the only class where you can mess up 10 times until you die. Any other class dies when they mess up even once. TR: ITC bugged/got caught in stealth - dead; CW: missed your dodge - dead; &c.

If a GWF misses his stuns with FS or Takedown, there should be a chance for him to die against ONE player, like for any other class. Missing his rotation twice should mean CERTAIN DEATH, like for any other class. Unless they are Sentinels, but then they shouldn't hit as hard as most GWFs do in PVP.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh dear god they already nerfed the class into the ground where it's nothing but a kill farm in pvp to an equally geared player, made it completely unfun to play in pve, and you want to nerf it more? Why not just ask them to delete it.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mugiwarac wrote: »
    cc resistance on unstoppable is enough for a gwf that is able to one-shot players. a gwf that can hit equally geared players for 20k with ibs should not be so tanky. damage resistance on unstoppable should only be available to sentinels. this would balance not only pvp, but also the paragon paths. tanks would be tanks and fighters would be fighters. it would require the gwfs some skill to land their deadly routines, since the time for that would be limited due to their squishiness.

It's case of people like you that sometimes i get rude in game. I'm not gonna say much. Just this: learn to play pvp or quit pvp. Gear up and learn to build and play your class. You asked in another thread for sentinels to hit 'no more than 2k with ibs'. Dude...i don't know may be you're a troll...but if you're not, just stop pvping until you learn the game better...
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    'no more than 2k with ibs'

this guy is the dps police
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Nah, they have got it right now. As it is, Destroyers cannot stand and facetank equally geared GFs anymore, and that is the way it should have been from day 1. Destroyers now have to choose their battles wisely and not just rush in, go Hulkmode and then kill 5 people.

Leave everything as it is.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • therealroberttherealrobert Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    It's case of people like you that sometimes i get rude in game. I'm not gonna say much. Just this: learn to play pvp or quit pvp. Gear up and learn to build and play your class. You asked in another thread for sentinels to hit 'no more than 2k with ibs'. Dude...i don't know may be you're a troll...but if you're not, just stop pvping until you learn the game better...

^ GWF
    charononus wrote: »
    Oh dear god they already nerfed the class into the ground where it's nothing but a kill farm in pvp to an equally geared player, made it completely unfun to play in pve, and you want to nerf it more? Why not just ask them to delete it.

^ GWF
    this guy is the dps police

^ another GWF

And now ask youselves why NW is so overpopulated with GWFs. I completely agree with the proposed changes. Unstoppable should provide no Damage Resistance unless you are full Sentinel. CC resistance from Unstoppable, combined with CC resistance from Sprint, is more than enough to get to your target: Sprint, pop Unstoppable, show some skill. No skill? Die! Or go Sentinel, have DR on Unstoppable, but don't be able to easily kill everything in 1v1.
    ESTUPRADOR
    Rank 7
    edited August 2014
    ^ GWF

^ GWF

^ another GWF

And now ask youselves why NW is so overpopulated with GWFs. I completely agree with the proposed changes. Unstoppable should provide no Damage Resistance unless you are full Sentinel. CC resistance from Unstoppable, combined with CC resistance from Sprint, is more than enough to get to your target: Sprint, pop Unstoppable, show some skill. No skill? Die! Or go Sentinel, have DR on Unstoppable, but don't be able to easily kill everything in 1v1.
    Yup I have a GWF, I also have a moderately geared DC, CW, HR, and somewhat lower SW. The only ones I haven't geared up are GF and TR because I didn't really enjoy running them to 60. Any other ad-hominem you'd like to try? I haven't touched my GWF since mod-4 since it was so horrible on preview, and I butcher them on my SW unless they have way more GS than me. You really should try to actually find out a little about how someone really plays before you make ad-hominem attacks that actually don't even have any truth to them anyways.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^ GWF

^ GWF

^ another GWF

Here you go
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSvANxbv9A8cE-uQdjxx5VsODKVyrFp5NQ3iOYyMLLf2aZGP2V
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014

lool did u even played game since mod 4? do u know cw can kill 45k+ gwf in few secs .. cws coming to forums all the time crying some class is op learn to play if anything devs need to look to is broken op spellstorm cw use shield and u wont get 20k+ crtic .....
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Delete GWF pls. I'm over to see these morons crying again and again.

a GWF Sentinel stays a GWF so he would still able to kill. Atm a DPS GF has much better tanking.

Seriously stop talking, all the classes (except DC) have things to counter the GWF.
    show some skill. No skill? Die!

True, you don't know how to play. You can't bear being beaten by a GWF full geared.

Tell me your class that I can laugh.

CW ? GF ? HR ? TR ? SW ?

OH WAIT ! Each one counters him.
    ^ GWF

^ GWF

You don't know anything about the class. You got beaten and you can't stand it.
    edited August 2014
    therealrobert is a cw

go home robert
    youre using an op class

bye robert
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure if the OP is trolling or serious...
  • mugiwaracmugiwarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    therealrobert is a cw

go home robert
    youre using an op class

bye robert

robert is a tr, one of the best on the server, in my opinion.

i really hope the devs will look into this. gwf's op-ness has been getting out of hand since m1. just smash the keys. this has to change.
    King Goponov - GWF
    Eleanor - CW (retired after Assailing nerf)

edited August 2014

i really hope the devs will look into this. gwf's op-ness has been getting out of hand since m1. just smash the keys. this has to change.

attachment.php?attachmentid=94091&d=1404635635
    edited August 2014
    ^ GWF

^ GWF

^ another GWF

I got a CW alt too in module2 in pvp. You have poor knowledge and skills. Nobody have problems with gwfs now, only you and your friends up there. Guess why. Perhaps cause you want to cover your lack of skills with nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs.

Do one simple thing: roll a gwf destroyer and post a video where you pvp against good guilds and show us how good you are. Or come to icewind pass and show us.

Every pvper, even the scrubs, are now doing good against gwfs. If you're not, then you must be really bad. Seriously, the fact that you guys are still complaining about gwfs says a lot about how clueless you are in pvp. Waiting for the video of you owning in pvp with a destroyer.
    edited August 2014
    attachment.php?attachmentid=94091&d=1404635635

Oh my god, this is so true. GWF in PvP has been completely useless until mod2.
    edited August 2014

Guys every pvper si laughing at you right now. Where are you awesome pvpers on the leaderboard?

Stop trolling guys. Seriously. I would laugh too if i did not know you guys are serious...
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The one thing that a GWF has better in this mod is the amount of easy/good hits on them is way down. Between unstoppable and sprint, the amount of time they have non-boosted DR is few and far between.

I think once they get used to using sprint defensively they're going to do a lot better. You're already seeing it.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    just ask them to delete it.

Some people in this forum actually asked for a gwf erase. They were gwf players.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
    edited August 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Some people in this forum actually asked for a gwf erase. They were gwf players.

Just because morons players are stil QQing over and over again to bury the GWF more.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @OP

Get some HP on you. Also it is OK if you die for time to time, it is PvP after all. If you die too much, maybe you need to... ahem... "improve" a bit.

You're looking ridiculous asking such nerfs on the GWF at this stage. I think they had their fun and their "punishment" too for playing an OP class for ages. Leave them alone no need to exaggerate most are already playing other classes by now.

Signed: CW&HR.
    edited August 2014
    The op lost credibility when in another thread be asked for sentinels to hit 2k ibs. That says everything about him and his knowledge of the game. So i wonder when he says Robert is one of the best trs of the server, what do i have to expect.

2k ibs...must be a troll. If devs listen to feedback from such players the game is fcked *facepalm*

Good gwfs are adapting. Bad players want the game to adapt at how they play and build their toon (and they do both bad usually)
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I can agree with the idea in itself. CWs are forced to choose between control and DPS, HRs have to make a similar choice between melee and archery. So it's not a bad idea in itself. Not because they are OP per se, but because it's the right thing to do if you want to take the GWF off the primary tank role. It should be an off-tank at best.

Personally I think they built the GWF wrong from the start. I consider a GWF a barbarian-like fighter and copying the GFs paths to another class was a mistake. Giving it self-heal on top of being unstoppable was the final straw and broke the barbarian in my eyes.

In my opinion, the unstoppable effect belongs to a GF. The GWFs version of it -if you really insist on copying the skill- should increase their damage output (battle rage?) and not make them immortal. They aren't tanks. GFs are tanks. GWFs are killers. I have nothing against a tanky GWF and I'm not asking them to give up their plate mails, but there is such a thing as too much overlapping between their skills and roles in this game and the GF's and GWFs shouldn't be able to fill the GFs role if it's meant to be a striker.

Unfortunately all this would require a complete rework of the class and it probably won't happen. The new changes are a step in the right direction, but it would take a lot more to make GWFs true strikers instead of tanks. It would be nice to see the GWF as a true AoE melee striker and not a tank with the firing rate, damage and range of a Kalashnikov.

Well CWs don't really need to choose, unless you mean between EOTS and SS, or OOI and EOTS, or OOI and SS
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ..oh man,

CWs Ice-knife goes straightly through Gwf Unstoppable Like Butter!
    if you didn't notice probably you are not a pvp player,
    and u just wanna trolling here...
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    ..oh man,

CWs Ice-knife goes straightly through Gwf Unstoppable like Butter!
    if you did notice probably you are not a pvp player,
    and just wanna trolling here...

I haven't noticed that and I PVP a lot. It certainly doesn't prone them, at least, which is a big part of the skill.

GWF/CW is actually pretty balanced imo right now. CW has the advantage at range but if a GWF gets close, there's almost no chance to CC them and damage is cut at least in half because there's no chance to spam ray of frost and get assailant/storm spell procs (which is the bulk of CW damage right now).

In mod3 a CW could more easily play cat and mouse and just worry about when the GWF was in Unstoppable. Now since sprint is like a mini-unstoppable, that's out the window.
    Ghe, you obviously haven't noticed the huge differences between oppressors and thaums. Are there any CWs out there that still use EotS? but all that is off-topic anyway.

Yeah EOTS is better than ever. 6 seconds of crits to start most fights. I'd say most are using it and it's a big reason people are melting so fast.

I use it half the time. Orb is also really good especially against other CWs.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Ghe, you obviously haven't noticed the huge differences between oppressors and thaums. Are there any CWs out there that still use EotS? but all that is off-topic anyway.

Know how I know that CWs are going to get nerfed? Well it'd be typical for NW to leave a class OP for a module in PVP and maybe even in PVE... But once they start seeing 2 CW parties completing Dracolish runs they'll be on top of it in the blink of an eye. If you watch the video they're controlling the mobs easily while still able to deal enough DPS to finish the Dragon without a problem.
    edited August 2014
    The one thing that a GWF has better in this mod is the amount of easy/good hits on them is way down. Between unstoppable and sprint, the amount of time they have non-boosted DR is few and far between.

I think once they get used to using sprint defensively they're going to do a lot better. You're already seeing it.

And you'll see more of it indeed. Right now my Destro can sprint from 1 to 3 pretty much without stopping at all. It's a troll way to play but hell, its all I got. Also people who do at least 4 matches a day should have noticed the GWF is somewhat if a primary target so forgive me if I sprint away when Im double-teamed. You see, we run cause if we wait for the current determination gain to fill up our class feature we'll just die and even with the class feature we are almost dead anyway. I do believe I remade my Destro with the best possible build for current Mod 4 ( I aint sharing it yet but its pretty logical once ppl start thinking about it ) and yes all I can do is run/hit/run while I watch my HP melt away from casual ranged attacks thrown my way. Fun way to play ? Not sure honestly but sth funny did happen, I actually topped the score in a single random Dom with ~20 kills and 1 death recently by doing a lot of running.. we lost the match of course since I didnt stop to cap often and I didnt stop to cap because Id be double-teamed which caused me to run again...
    edited August 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    And you'll see more of it indeed. Right now my Destro can sprint from 1 to 3 pretty much without stopping at all. It's a troll way to play but hell, its all I got. Also people who do at least 4 matches a day should have noticed the GWF is somewhat if a primary target so forgive me if I sprint away when Im double-teamed. You see, we run cause if we wait for the current determination gain to fill up our class feature we'll just die and even with the class feature we are almost dead anyway. I do believe I remade my Destro with the best possible build for current Mod 4 ( I aint sharing it yet but its pretty logical once ppl start thinking about it ) and yes all I can do is run/hit/run while I watch my HP melt away from casual ranged attacks thrown my way. Fun way to play ? Not sure honestly but sth funny did happen, I actually topped the score in a single random Dom with ~20 kills and 1 death recently by doing a lot of running.. we lost the match of course since I didnt stop to cap often and I didnt stop to cap because Id be double-teamed which caused me to run again...
    That's playing to lose imo, and why GWF is now pretty worthless.
    edited August 2014
    emilemo wrote: »

There's no point to play perma-run destroyer GWF when a perma stealth TR does the same and also being safe and dealing damages in range, and can stop a cap point easily.
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    There's no point to play perma-run destroyer GWF when a perma stealth TR does the same and also being safe and dealing damages in range, and can stop a cap point easily.

Its either that or wait for your team and then engage in a supporting role. I see some GWFs and GFs still runnin' in and opening with FLS in vague attempts to mass cc but its mostly worthless and obsolete. Also I disagree with you Char, its a very nice way to keep at least 2 enemies away from your team and from nodes cause they get so mad they actually try to chase. And like I said its quite an effective way to kill to. As far as overall effectiveness in winning the match , it cant be judged by PUG Doms where the team composition is random. Only in a real 5x5 premade where every team member is geared and knows what to do will it become clear if this play style is good or bad.
This discussion has been closed.