test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 4: Tyranny of Lag

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since mod 4, I've been helplessly trying to avoid lag for the bigger part of my "playing time".
In the proximity of Heroic Encounters it becomes unreal. I've seen things you humans can't even imagine.

Abilities taking 8 minutes after keyboard press to actually fire.
My character going left when I press up after I rotate camera.
Invisible dragons with strange names LEA_BLUE_DRAGON_xxxx

Now, I've tried switching around the proxy gameplay (both EU and US, needless to say that without proxy I lag even worse) servers and sometimes it seems to help, but it only works for a short time, after that it's lag galore again. Is there anything I can do to improved my situation? Or will I just have to live with this until it gets better?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am pretty sure this is at least partly due to server over-capacity issues.

Just BEFORE the new module I was impressed by how smoothly everything ran, but once Mod 4 hit, it was amazingly laggy for me too......
  • Options
    firearcher7firearcher7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The same thing is happening to me, I can barely do dailies.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The same thing is happening to me, I can barely do dailies.

I just do dailies and log off at the moment; nearly anything can kill me once a lag spike starts (that isn't fun...).
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow you guys are really lucky. Why? Because you have this problem since module 4. A lot of people (I am one of them) have this issue since module 3. And, it is getting worse. Tried turning off on-demand patch, tried proxies, tried all the tests mentioned in this site, tried lowering graphic settings, tried running the launcher with admin rights...etc.

Result: Nothing helped.

If you have a solution please pm me.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...and yet no one has mentioned trying traceroute to find out where the lag is coming from in the network.
    Follow details in Pro-Tips for Diagnosing Lag and Rubberbanding and find out it is NOT your graphics, and NOT Cryptic.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are these people that are having these problems with mod 4 running AMD 4+core cpus?
  • Options
    wrathlonzwrathlonz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Are these people that are having these problems with mod 4 running AMD 4+core cpus?

First notice of any lag what so ever prior to Mod 4 and yes I am running an amd 8350 8 core processor. Curios why you ask as I have not been looking for problems prior and if AMD processors play into the equation I would be extremely grateful if you could explain, especially if there is a fix .
    Thank you kindly

AMD 8350
    Geoforce GTX 680

Bandwidth - Connection - trace route not in the equation
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Read other threads. Looks like disabling 4 of cores solves problem somehow.
    after starting game, start task manager, look for game process and set affinity to exclude 4 of cores.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    Read other threads. Looks like disabling 4 of cores solves problem somehow.
    after starting game, start task manager, look for game process and set affinity to exclude 4 of cores.

... I don't even have 4 cores.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    ...and yet no one has mentioned trying traceroute to find out where the lag is coming from in the network.
    Follow details in Pro-Tips for Diagnosing Lag and Rubberbanding and find out it is NOT your graphics, and NOT Cryptic.

Thanks, this was helpful, however, there's still a problem.
    The first test (tracert) does not display values above 180 ms, so (according to the thread you just listed those should be good values).
    The second test is stuck at a certain port and it seems like it can't finish and even if I retry it multiply times it still gets stuck sooner or later, but the values are completely variable and change the whole time (once I had 400kb/sec at first row and then I had 200kb/sec the successive try)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wrathlonz wrote: »
    First notice of any lag what so ever prior to Mod 4 and yes I am running an amd 8350 8 core processor. Curios why you ask as I have not been looking for problems prior and if AMD processors play into the equation I would be extremely grateful if you could explain, especially if there is a fix .
    Thank you kindly

AMD 8350
    Geoforce GTX 680

Bandwidth - Connection - trace route not in the equation
    That's the AMD FX-8350 right? I'm not horribly familar with AMD cpu names, but if it is that is a 8 core. The problem is they redid how neverwinter does a lot of stuff. Up till about 2 days before mod 4 went live 8 core amd processors wouldn't even load. They load now but they stutter which looks a lot like severe lag.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    More like "Tyranny of bugs".

I'm not lagging much at all but there is so many bugs atm. I have counted over 20 with my character and they are all effecting the game and making it hard to play in both pvp and pve.

Of course about 70% of these was posted on feedback thread but the devs didn't fix them.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    The game is actually faster/smoother for me. My desktop could always play just fine, but my laptop used to have trouble with some areas like PE.

My desktop has 8 cores, and my laptop has 4 cores.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min