test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Waterskin(Waterballoons) Not Fun anymore :(

starscale53starscale53 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I would always keep my waterskins(From the Midsummer event) in my tray just to randomly have fun with players. It was funny to once in a while suddenly start chucking water balloons at people. A friend and I would laugh every time. Throw a balloon and the player's body snaps to the side a little from the force of the splash that followed after the water balloon homes-in on the target. xD (It would never hinder them in any way)

But now, you take out a small water-like ball and it's like you charge it up. You see a red circle on the ground where they would hit the intended player/target. The animation was changed. It's no longer instant and you can't throw it while running anymore. Also, originally when a player was hit their bodies snapped a little to the side. Not anymore. They put up their arms in a jester of "oh no. don't hit me with the water! lol" But from the thrower's point of view sometimes the waterskin doesn't even hit the player... It'll zoom off in some other direction or random target. What the hec? :( And sometimes 2 waterskins come out when you throw and they'll split up. WHAT!?

I'm sorry, but I don't really find them very fun anymore. I can't hit my intended target according to my view sometimes--(And I understand people may not want to get hit with them, so they have the opportunity to move away. I did read in the description that it was used in a game. To be honest I don't remember this game, but I understand taking out the homing ability)--with it splitting off into two directions or hitting someone I wasn't even aiming at/a previous target.

Why did you change this? :( In my opinion this was something very minor and just a small giggle they added for lols a year ago. What was wrong with it? I kinda wish it would go back to the way it was...
Post edited by starscale53 on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I used mine today for the first time in ages while we were waiting for a Dragon HE and they seem to be pretty badly bugged , the whole animation has been changed for no apparent reason , you get a big red circle under the person you throw at , sometimes the entire thing bugs out and two or three balloons go off in different directions not even hitting the person you aimed at , totally wrecked , they added two more new water attacks for this year summer festival but if they are going to be as wrecked as the water balloon is now I doubt I'll be grinding for them.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Check ingame calendar. There is Summer event coming next week with two more water items and new event - water battle :)
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    un-do the nerf to water balloons :) Seriously though the new animation is boring
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep they used to be fun now they're kind of ew ):
  • Options
    thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    These were a pain to grind for and I've really enjoyed using mine on occasion, especially with others who have them.

They should leave the old versions alone and just make the new ones for this year's event.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Undo the nerf to the water balloons please.

Of all the broken and imbalanced stuff in the game, this is what they've done. This has to be a joke
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    So what's up with this? I automatically assumed it was just a bug, can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would do this change on purpose.
    They used to be really fun, you could chuck them into friends during dd runs or into enemies in pvp when your powers were on cooldown and stuff. Now they're literally just a waste of hotbar space.

I really wanna know which case it is, because I was looking forward to the summer event just so that I could farm the waterskins on my remaining characters.
    If they stay in this useless state, I'm not really gonna bother obviously.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They haven't responded to why. All I know is that it is not as good now.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    latnemurtsnilatnemurtsni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The water balloon had a coded application in PVP as well, as it counted as an 'attack' it could be used to interrupt Hunter Ranger's attacks. As a TR I did this a few times, it was very amusing.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Before the Garden, I used to stand on the top of the companion building and pelt passers-by with the water balloons, and also get in water fights around the PE with people randomly. I haven't tried it in a while, sad to hear they changed the mechanics. I liked the way it was... oh well. Wonder why they ninja'd this change in? We'll never know, they don't typically explain their hidden changes (they don't typically explain any of their changes actually, not very often anyway).