test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon Keys - they gate what?

jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Curious to know - the chests in the new skirmish and new dungeon that are only able to be opened by the new zen-only key (basically it's an Enchanted Key 2.0) - what drops in those chests?

If you put gear in those chests that affects gameplay (such as epic armor, enchants, etc that don't drop elsewhere), then how is that in compliance with the Cryptic F2P model?
Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
Post edited by jrfbrunet on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    You can earn keys through normal gameplay if I recall correctly via the live stream.

The additional keys are just in case you want additional chances.

Consider it an option to buy your way past the time gate.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014

How many for a 100% chance ?
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You're free to trade your AD for zen.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They aren't zen items , you buy them using AD and campaign currencies -

Skirmish Dragon key.
    UsgfF54.jpg

Dungeon Dragon key.
    4GWcJ1B.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They are also 5 for 300 zen in the store...and just like enchanted they are BOP...so can't put the ones you buy on AH...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    They are also 5 for 300 zen in the store

meh super easy and cheap to make but I guess that's a nice option if you dislike running the dailies .
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    They are also 5 for 300 zen in the store...and just like enchanted they are BOP...so can't put the ones you buy on AH...

just wow ....so we must spend zen to progress new boons since we need drops from chest to unlock it and i highy doubt free keys will be enough for it .....
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    meh super easy and cheap to make but I guess that's a nice option if you dislike running the dailies .

yeah like 3 days of daily q for one key?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014

That, or as I said, are avoiding the time gate that is created by needing items other than AD to make them.

If does the campaign dailies every day and wants more keys than they can make in a day they can buy them for Zen. It avoids the time gate. It's is not, however, cash gated. You will be able to obtain them from the campaign.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can earn keys through normal gameplay if I recall correctly via the live stream.

Consider it an option to buy your way past the time gate.
    I see.

How long, exactly, is the time gate if you run it all every day? 4 weeks? 40 days?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So is there still a "normal" dungeon chest at the end of these dungeons? It kinda sounds like these are the rough equivalent of the mystic gauntlet chests in the Dread Ring Lairs, (which also had a regular chest from the daily quests there).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    So is there still a "normal" dungeon chest at the end of these dungeons? It kinda sounds like these are the rough equivalent of the mystic gauntlet chests in the Dread Ring Lairs, (which also had a regular chest from the daily quests there).

Yeah you get the regular Dungeon chest then the special chest , if the listed loot tables are correct I love the fact the Artifact belts have a chance to drop in both the regular and epic version of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There is a normal Dungeon Delve Chest and a new Dragon Chest.

As for how long the gate is, IDK, but those keys are available without paying Zen. And honestly it seems hard to judge how long it will take to obtain the materials as it seems like materials will become more prevalent the more you progress through the campaign.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah you get the regular Dungeon chest then the special chest , if the listed loot tables are correct I love the fact the Artifact belts have a chance to drop in both the regular and epic version of them.

Wish we had full loot tables for the regular chests as well as the existing special chest for both normal/epic table ):. I wonder what the drop rate's like too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Wish we had full loot tables for the regular chests as well as the existing special chest for both normal/epic table ):. I wonder what the drop rate's like too.

I'm praying that the drop rate for Artifact belts isn't anything like as low as the Eye of Lathander , especially when you consider the effort you need to put into them to level them up as well xD
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have time to earn a key.... loads of time.... dragon amounts of time in fact.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm praying that the drop rate for Artifact belts isn't anything like as low as the Eye of Lathander , especially when you consider the effort you need to put into them to level them up as well xD

And the fact that it's not a 1 time payment. However I bet it is. At least people opening lockboxes can give us supply.