test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overabundance of green unidentified junk since Module 4

nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I would say that the amount of green items that have dropped since Module 4 release has increased at least 150% compared to Module 3 standards. It is cluttering the screen and visible spaces and makes it difficult to find things that are actually worth picking up, such as Enchantments.

Please revert this change, as level 60 players simply do not need this vast amount of greenery, even for artifact equipment refinement (considering they need to be identified first and give a pittance in RP)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    And it would need a big increase of mail box inventory, if I must make more accounts to stock the green items ... wow.
  • exandresexandres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    Items will be needed to refine Artifact Weapons, so decreasing drop rate would be pretty stupid.
    edited August 2014
    exandres wrote: »
    Items will be needed to refine Artifact Weapons, so decreasing drop rate would be pretty stupid.

I made a semi-ToS dungeon (test) and got 10 green items after doing first boss ...
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I would say that the amount of green items that have dropped since Module 4 release has increased at least 150% compared to Module 3 standards. It is cluttering the screen and visible spaces and makes it difficult to find things that are actually worth picking up, such as Enchantments.

Please revert this change, as level 60 players simply do not need this vast amount of greenery, even for artifact equipment refinement (considering they need to be identified first and give a pittance in RP)

the only green items that give rp are enchantments right? reading this it sounds like are saying the random magic items that drop can be identified and thrown in my artifact, if that is the case i may start picking them up again, even if it is a tiny amount lol.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the only green items that give rp are enchantments right? reading this it sounds like are saying the random magic items that drop can be identified and thrown in my artifact, if that is the case i may start picking them up again, even if it is a tiny amount lol.

Green level 60 trash items can be I.D and used as RP in Artifact gear , so can blue and epic lvl 60 gears.

@ OP my Artifact gear wont be fussy ,it will nomnom on any trash greens xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Except I don't think anyone would really waste ident scrolls on green junk.

They seem to have decreased the chance of blue items dropping as well
    edited August 2014

Why not ? You can buy scrolls at AH for around 3k for a 99x stack.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Personally, I have identification scrolls spewing out of my bag that I have no use for; I would love to have a use for them for once (such as identifying greens for RP for an artifact weapon).
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It is not worth your time to even click and sell these green loot.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    " I need five gold for a horse!"

Well more loot should help fix that complaint. Sell unidentified green items, and bother to identify the blue.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Clearly, you didn't read the module patch notes. There are new artifacts now - belts and class specific weapons (three types for each class with each weapon modifying a different at will power). These artifacts use items for refinement - common, uncommon, rare, epic etc. - all give refining points. The rarer the item, the more points given. Also, like items give more points - so a green belt used on a belt artifact gives more refining points than a green helm. This may be why the drop rate appears to have increased (and it may have).
    Elurion ben'Adar - 60 Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
    Silas - 60 Human Trickster Rogue

Ganking is good for the soul~
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes drop rate has increased. However, I read all the patch notes and all the comments from the Devs, and my impression was that we would see more blue drops from lvl 60 mobs (not more green drops).

I also saw that only tier 3 (not tier 1 or 2) crafting resources would be dropping from lvl 45+ mobs.

I was worried that there would be a shortage of G.Scrolls of I.D., but those seem to be dropping a lot more often too.

What sucks is that until you manage to acquire your artifact weapon/belt, you can't consume those greens and blues.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Blue items are rarer now, however there are some challices which cost the same amount of money and, more importantly do not require you to identify them + stackable. 3 of those = 1 gold (and some silver). Treasure item, though.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    Blue items are rarer now, however there are some challices which cost the same amount of money and, more importantly do not require you to identify them + stackable. 3 of those = 1 gold (and some silver). Treasure item, though.

no one needs blue items to sell for gold, they are for using in the new artifact and the good ones be sold on the AH to help newcomers

now there is nothing bug green and worthless "treasures" droping, enchantments and blue items drop rate is EXTREMELY low compared to after the launch of m4.