test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elf's Comprehensive PvP Guide For Mod 4

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Temple
This is an old guide. It is now closed per request. The user has a wonderful new version listed in our Guide Sticky.

Hi all!!! I am Elf / Night Elf @jazzfong. This is my comprehensive pvp guide for clerics. Hope you all like it and give me more advice or correct me if i am wrong. Lets start the ball rolling.
The Heart of the Team: Devoted Cleric

Class Mechanics: Divinity
Divinity is a unique tab skill. It empowers our encounters to make it even stronger and also add in special effects to our skills. Its synergy with a couple skills makes us more invulnerable and provide greater utility in battle. The most common skill load out in pvp is Healing Word, Exaltation (AC specific) and Astral Shield. All these 3 skills synergy the best with Divinity. Among all at will powers, Sacred Flame gives the highest, fastest and most effective divinity gain thus it becomes a staple at will for those who are eager for divinity usage.

Role: Healer, Buffer, Sent, Dps
The popularity is sorted according to the color. Cleric has nice dps if spec correctly but the player base doesn't like us play dps. We can provide more utility than dps so it is not recommended to go full dps loadout unless your team has more than 2 clerics (which is impossible in pug).

Shift ability: Dodge
Cleric has two long distance dodges which provide both temporary damage and cc immunity. Spec into righteous will give u very high stamina regen which helps you to dodge a lot for 10 sec per every 20 sec if you are crited. Beware of those no crit build in pvp, you will cry if they don't crit on you.

<removed>

For those who want to know more about Cleric skills please check my analysis in the link below:
Elf's Analysis on DC's skills and powers

My M2-M3 PvP Cleric Build is in this link below:
Elf's PvP Healer Guide
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Divine-AP Rush Versatile Cleric

As the title suggests, this playstyle focuses on high AP charge for high Hallowed Ground uptime or Divine Armor usage and is capable to finish every tasks or role except dps in pvp. You can roam to heal + help cap node, stay mid heal and tank or stay either base dealing with HR or perma.

Pros:
    + Top scorer of the match unless you meet BIS FotM
    + Versatile and Mobile (Float heal + buff + tank a lot)
    + The strongest buffing machine in pvp
    + High Win Rate
    + Newbie Friendly
    + Premade Friendly
    + PvE Friendly

Cons:
    - You can't carry a low gs team
    - You can do nothing when you got 3 blue base campers in your team
    - You can do 1v1 stalemate against FotM classes but not 1v2 against CW/HR + FotM

Race: Hafling Con/Dex

Ability Scores:
    Your main ability scores is CON. Roll for 14 con and put all points into it till 20 con. Since this is an all-rounder guide, your second ability score will determine which path you prefer more. If you prefer healing, go for WIS, if you want to boost tanking, go for DEX. You can also spread some scores to STR or CHA if you want to skip crit and recovery stat building but i highly don't recommend you to do so.

Paragon: Anointed Champion

Stats allocation:

Offensive stats:
    Power: Any amount in this will do.
    Crit: Any amount in this will do. Remember dump a little here because of chain crit rule of HW.
    Recovery: At least reach 2k. As long as you have 30% RSI with your INT/CHA, you are fine.
    Arp: NEVER put points in here except 250 from your boon.

Defensive stats:
    AC: Just ignore. Miracle Healer/Grim/Profound/Purified BI will give you what you should have.
    Defense: As high as you can but a GPF will wipe away nearly half of your defense stat.
    Deflect: Build a decent Deflect chance as i heard it will decrease stun duration.
    Lifesteal: NEVER put points in here.
    Regen: At least reach 1k.
    Tenacity: At least reach 1k. (Very Important!!!)
    Hit points: At least 30k HP before you enter pvp. BIS guys have 42k hp to 45k hp without stone.

Gear set: Miracle Healer/Grim/Profound/Purified BI
    I recommend to use Grim for starter and try your luck to get BI gauntlets. If you failed to do so after you unlocked your IWD T3 BI Smith, you should have enough seals to trade for a full profound set. Actually, Grim/Profound go more towards Healing and Buffing path while Purified BI go more towards tanking. I pick Profound for its healing and divinity gain boost. You can keep both set in your inventory and swap according to situation and purpose.

Accessory Set: Slayer Set
    Guess you are not familiar with this set? This one can be equipped on low level alternates from level 4 to 60. However, its stats is not so high so if you cannot withstand low gs on you, it is better to use Mod 4 new accessory set. Lets see how it looks like:
    uZgQkNtl.jpg?1

Do you see the set effect? In node battle, if you trigger this effect and you can receive a maximum of 15% AP and 15 x 600 HP (then will be halved by HD). Although it has low gs, but its set effect is so good, free healing and AP for more Hallowed Ground or Divine Armor to heal and buff.

Outdated: A little trick here about this set is, do you see the 4/3 part of the set?? It doesn't really require a neck, a ring and a belt but you can wear one neck two rings to get its set effect!!! This means that you free up a belt slot for your Mod 4 artifact CON belt!!!

Artifact:
    *** [Sigil of the Devoted] is the core of this build. This is the only artifact you can activate as soon as its available to use. Its side healing effect also synergies well with repeated cast of HW. MUST in active slot. Epic rank is enough for pug, Legend for premade.
    ** [Vanguard Banner] Extra HP is always good in pvp. GS booster. Second priority.
    * [Defender Banner] Can be considered cuz it is cheap stability artifact. Third priroty.
    ** [Water of Elah'zad] Situational active, used when turning into backcapping sent. GS booster. Second priority.

Artifact Belt: CON Belt

Weapon Choice:
    ** Purified BI weapon set
    ** Mod 4 +HP weapon set
    ** Artifact weapon (ASeal)
    * Profound weapon
    * Any pve T2.5 weapon set WITH SET BONUS
    edited August 2014
    The Powers and Feats Library

The skill loadout i suggest to use in Mod 4 is the old full healing encounters: Healing Word, Exaltation, Astral Shield + Sacred Flame, Astral Seal + Divine Fortune, Anointed Armor + Hallowed Ground, Divine Armor with Sunburst to replace Exaltation if we need repel someone off node. Sacred Flame is used because of the demand of extra divinity and better DPS. Blessing of Battle is abandoned unless someone find out a more interesting playstyle to compensate its long animation.
    alsLDZk.jpg?1

For our feats, it is still the same universal feat layout as we really have no other viable choice.
    1Aa5I1sl.jpg?1

The first four paragon feat in Faithful is viable, if the devs fixed the Linked Spirit bug on Astral Shield then it is highly advisable to put 5/5 in Linked Spirit even you have to move points from Sovereign Justice or Rising Hope. Astral Seal will trigger Enduring Relief on cast thus it provides a 100% uptime on every allies as long as you slot it. Divine Armor, Sacred Flame etc will grants temp hp to the others so Deepstone Blessing is also viable. Prestigious Exaltation is just a normal feat, if you will swap Exaltation for other skills in battle, don't dump points into it.

Again, if you skipped my first thread you can find my power analysis and their HIDDEN effect in here:
    Elf's Analysis on DC skills and powers
    edited August 2014
    Boons Section

PvP Boons:

rMo569rl.jpg?1

The first two is common boon to supporter. You sacrifice your good for your team. The third boon i still cant unlock it due to DC natural weakness in completing pvp campaign, anyway if you have it then pick the one you like.

Sharandar:

swrdFTVl.jpg?1

IWD:

RReUrh0l.jpg?1

The last boon choice depends on you. I will pick Shared Survival.
    The other boons path will be updated soon but you can simply pick all defensive boons and try to reach the best stats allocation like i suggested above.
    edited August 2014
    Weapon and Armor Enchantments

Weapon Enchantments:

Vorpal:
    Dont use vorpal unless you have at least 25% crit. It is a staple in MH set fast cast build.

PlagueFire:
    My favorite for pvp clerics. Best utility and has wide functions in pvp. It can debuff, dismount, repeating trigger Astral Seal healing and to burn perma's stealth meter.

Terror:
    If someone uses GPF, this is your alt choice, but i will still stick to GPF.

Feytouched:
    If and only if you use sunburst as your main encounter.

Holy Avenger:
    If the buff effect last longer and have a shorter cooldown, this is a very good enchant. Can be considered for lowbie and those with less AD.

Armor Enchantments:

Soulforged:
    A staple for lowbies. A lesser soulforged can be used till you have perfects and rank 8.

BarkShield:
    A staple for high end rich guys. Regenerate HP shields which helps to mitigate some burst damage.

Negation:
    Can be considered but a soulforged is more useful.

Briatwine:
    Due to its special interaction with Astral Seal, it can be considered for lowbies and to complete pvp assist tasks. However, there is a message from my fren XIRA that he is too tanky and he reflects 0 damage back to the attacker so his astral seal doesn't heal him. I still need more volunteers to test this enchantments.
    edited August 2014
    Miscellaneous

A simple tactic to play pvp from my perspective:
    When you enter the arena, use your [Sigil of the Devoted] and then ride on your mount. You will go mid first, when you reach mid and saw your opponent, cast Astral Seal on the first target and use Divine Exaltation on the nearest ally. You will often be the first target of your enemies. The first GWF/GF you meet will use Frontline Surge from a far, if he is a HR, he will use thorn root first. After you cast Div.Exaltation, immediately cast Divine AS on floor. By this time you should have 100% AP, straight cast HG on mid node in the center of the battle field.

Cap the mid node if you got number advantage, then go either base after you cap and play as a sent. If you successfully cap either base, look around for red nodes and red hp allies, roam towards them and heal them. If someone tells you do not go to red 1 or red 3 cuz they can keep it contested, ignore him unless there are more than 2 enemies there. You must go and turn the node blue so if your allies died, the node is blue contested not red uncontested. Keep roaming and pop your daily + healing spells and stay at that node if your allies need help or you are the only one alive.

Die for your team and dont run away from red node or BIS monsters. Suicide if your team doesn't dare to face them. Then you will wait till the game ends. You will mostly win the game if you follow my guide or know the basic strategies of domination. Unless you got trolling teammates in your team or BIS monsters in the opposite team, or else you wont lose. But that is matchmaking problem, not your skill problem anymore.

An Easy Way for Newbie Clerics to gain immediate access of this pvp guide:
    The hardest part of most guides is the unlimited grind for items while this guide doesn't need you to grind. For artifacts, you can just pick [Water of Elah'zad] from your artifact recovery quest and the [Bloodcrystal Raven Skill] from Trades of Blade and level them to rank 46. When you unlock your first pvp artifact, pick [Vanguard Banner] and toss the [Bloodcrystal Raven Skull] into it. After using a few refining stones lesser than 150k AD, you have your first epic artifact with HP stats. When you reach level 60, take your [Sigil of the Devoted] and toss your rank 46 [Water of Elah'zad] into it. Buy some refining stone and you got your active artifact. If you love pvp before level 60, you should have enough glory for grim armor set, just grind 3 days for the seals will do.
    edited August 2014
    Finally the guide is finished before Mod 4 launch. I am well prepared for suggestions as well as criticism.
    Credits:
    Thanks to all my in game friends including Kaelac, Brandon, Xira, Iyon, Lazalia etc etc fren that i cant remember right now due to my poor memory for giving me tips and info abt pvp. Also thanks to those no name pvper who steamrolled/stomped/bullied me until i know how to protect myself in pvp. Without you all i wont learn so much abt clerics. Thank you.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for the guide Jazz and everyone who helped you aswell!

What type of Profound set did you choose? I picked up Faithful and I'm afraid if I made the wrong choice. If I did the wrong choice, can it be amended in some way, or I need to get the other set with deflection?

Right now I slotted some Deflect into it.
    edited August 2014
    I use Profound Virtuous with BI enchants. You can also use Profound Righteous with silveries as long as your stats is well spreaded. You must have at least 33% RSI in battle (including Rising Hope) and a little crit chance to activate chain crit HW, gear type is not restricted.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey Elf! Xira here, can't believe I'm mentioned in the post :p. Thanks for your in-depth guide.

I really hope they would fix the linked spirit bug on divine Astral Shield, that would make a rather huge difference in both PvE and PvP.

Many of our feats are just downright useless, and are arguably the worst feats in the game (e.g. templar's domain, initiate of the faith etc.) Our capstone feats also suck majorly compared to other classes' ones (compare Sovereign Justice to Assailing Force/Destroyer's Purpose). I really hope they would completely rework them soon.

The major problems of DC are that we have no reliable CC, no CC resist/immune & abysmal healing output. We are extremely vulnerable and rely heavily on our teammates for survival. We need to be given some sort of CC resist/immune abilities to become viable again in PvP.
  • raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to make this Jazz. I still rock a module 1 dc/do tank but it is good knowledge to read. What has running your build and setup done for stats in relation to the domination leaderboard?
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • scientologicalscientological Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure you know by the time you read this, but in today's patch...
    Slayer Ring of Xvim can now only be equipped one at a time.

So now, would you wear the Xvim set or the CON belt and something else?
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure you know by the time you read this, but in today's patch...

So now, would you wear the Xvim set or the CON belt and something else?

Xvim, or LEGENDARY con belt + M4 accessories. Xvim is cheap and is very valuable and useful. If you cannot affort a LCON belt, dont use it as you have one defensive slot less.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Con belt doesnt get a defense slot until its Legendary rank, it only has a utility slot. So unless you plan to spend close to about 6 million in refining, plus the belt itself, it's too expensive imo.
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Jazzfong,

I like your guide very much, can I add it to mmominds.com???
This discussion has been closed.