test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Partial Dungeon Pops, what?

harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The past couple of days I have been stuck in this queue loop that's making me batty:

Valindra's, Castle, and DV epic are all doing the same thing. I queue for them, and the only pops I get are partial groups where two or three slots are already red circles before I even get them, and then I get sucked into an instance that is partially (as in waiting at the boss) complete and I may be by myself, or with one or two others who immediately DC or bail.

It's making me nuts, and I can't run these at all.

Anyone have any idea what's going and how...if I am somehow bound to these partial instances...I can resolve it?
Post edited by harkur on

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Could this be related to the partial Mod 4 patching that is going on right now?

Just a thought . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im not sure it a good idea to pug CN and VT, that just me tho.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This happens quite often.....some players leave a team near the end, then the Q adds you there but then another player leaves, and this cycle continues until everybody leaves. Best to always go in with a full team.
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    There's a lot of people trying them without a proper group. I can't say I blame them, as I did so the first chance I got as well.
    If several of these instances have room for players and you queue solo, you are pretty much in a loop until those instances quit. And there's always a few.. well less intelligent people who will stick around for hours (especially in MC and VT) hoping for a party to advance further on the map.

Only way to solve it is to queue with a full team.

This.
    I was referring to this situation when I posted above.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Only way to solve it is to queue with a full team.

Ok, then I guess it will wait until after Mod4 drops since I don't fit into the current "LFG CW/CW/CW/DC/GF" paradigm. :)
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    The past couple of days I have been stuck in this queue loop that's making me batty:

Valindra's, Castle, and DV epic are all doing the same thing. I queue for them, and the only pops I get are partial groups where two or three slots are already red circles before I even get them, and then I get sucked into an instance that is partially (as in waiting at the boss) complete and I may be by myself, or with one or two others who immediately DC or bail.

It's making me nuts, and I can't run these at all.

Anyone have any idea what's going and how...if I am somehow bound to these partial instances...I can resolve it?

I feel your pain as this has happened to me many times just gotta play the waiting game or try to get into a group but me being a HR i understand how much of a burden it is being not wanted.
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This problem has been in since beta, which is why im sitting at about 11k GS without a way to advance beacuse all dungeons you get into are already done and stuck at the end.