test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I noticed a few powers currently seem broken.

suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I have already mentioned in another thread how Invisible Infiltrator no longer works for me (well it doesn't refill stealth when using a daily but I don't know if the damage bonus is working as I didn't look to see). I noticed the other day that a few times Path of the Blades was not working and I tested it a bit more today and the same results in that sometimes it works and sometimes it just goes on cooldown and does nothing at all.

There is also something wrong with stealth as others have mentioned. In OW PvP today I noticed I was easily tracked while in stealth but it was a ranger and even though I showed no signs of being marked I figured with all the bugs about that I could be and unaware (pets dismissed, etc). I decided to test some more and flagged for PvP and left the area and took to a hillside to watch. I noticed movement instantly towards me and so I went stealth and moved quite a ways away and hit lurkers and moved some more in a different direction and remained still. A TR on horseback switched to pursue me directly and when he made it to the spot where I was stationary and still stealthed his action was to immediately hit me with a dazing strike. While that alone proves nothing it does cause me more suspicion. I know that sometimes I will see the enemy (sometimes I see them in the ally semitransparent form, sometimes in a black semitransparent form, and sometimes I will see them phase in and out repeatedly and other times I will see their weapons or some sort of graphical artifact). From fighting other TR's and from our own instincts we all tend to know how to flush out the location of other TR but I was specific in this case to not pick a path that I would if I were trying to actively elude or flee to safety (such is subjective I realize). While stealth works at times as I feel it should I find myself no longer trusting it like I used to. Could it be that I only think I am stealthed and it actually indicated to me that I am but to everyone else it broadcasts me normally?

I will not do a forum bug report on this as I feel that is a complete waste of time as I have never had a response to anything that I have posted nor have I had any issues fixed (some things over four months old still persist for me and after repeated bug reports and forum posts I have never been offered any solution or ways to test further or provide more information that might be viable to finding a solution). I am curious if anyone has found other things that seem to work only sometimes?
Post edited by suddenlyslow on

Comments

• Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    Do you have a stone active by any chance? They don't disapear in stealth so its fairly easy for others to see. You can change skin on your stone to lower its visibility but its still traceable to others who know you are around.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Someone said that there's a way to hard target others with a command, so even if they're in stealth you know where they are...
    that could explain the stealth part, I have no idea about the rest.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    fungchaofungchao Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    You can also lock onto targets by holding Ctrl when your reticle is on them. Think it works thru stealth too
    Shiva TR PVE
    Butters TR PVP
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jasonbhoy7 wrote: »
    Do you have a stone active by any chance? They don't disapear in stealth so its fairly easy for others to see. You can change skin on your stone to lower its visibility but its still traceable to others who know you are around.

I had dismissed my stone well before entering the PvP area and even double checked when I got jumped as I first thought that maybe it had not dismissed. I did hear that you can turn your graphics to the lowest setting and make out stealthed players but I have not tried this out for fear of messing up the fickle graphics in the game.

I don't know if control will hold through on stealth if applied before they go into stealth. I am pretty sure the other methods (e.g. /bind f1 ++hardtargetlock) will not. That example given will give you a toggle hardtargetlock on the f1 key you can click to turn on and again to turn off.

This game is so glitchy that I don't even know if it is possible to know for certain and so I just have got into the habit of not entirely trusting stealth versus players (in fact I often find a lot of monsters follow me around in stealth too, often using ranged abilities but sometimes using melee).
  • Options
    rdgznrdgzn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is ItC broken? I always use ItC from stealth and till mod 3 used work pretty good, 5 seconds of any single damage, but now looks like isn't working. People can do me lots of damage when ItC is active even from stealth. Anyone have the same problem?
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rdgzn wrote: »
    Is ItC broken? I always use ItC from stealth and till mod 3 used work pretty good, 5 seconds of any single damage, but now looks like isn't working. People can do me lots of damage when ItC is active even from stealth. Anyone have the same problem?

There is thread about it in bug report...
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)