test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New conditions for PVP Dailies Quests needed (suggestions)

nonamejohndoenonamejohndoe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi,
The pvp dominations quest (daily) should be changed in order to have good games.
1. Don't consider the quest done, if a team loses the game (you need to have 4 games PLAYED, not WON, in order to have the quest solved). It is not ok because many pve players are coming into pvp only do do the quest, but just staying there, not fighting, because they make the quest even if they lose.
2. Don't let them stay in the respawn point more than 5 seconds (push them down if those 5 seconds are gone) so they need to fight, not only to wait the finish of the game, safe, up there.
3. Punish those who are leaving the game in domination with 24 hours ban, not only 30 minutes (so they will lose the daily quest for that day).
4. If a player is doing nothing in a game (more than 10 deaths + no kills + no heal + no assists), he should not receive 1 point, even if his team is winning.

Stop the lazy and slacker players to come in pvp again!
I am sure that many good things can be done in order to have good games in pvp (the pvp is great, the players make it bad). Put more suggestions for the developer's team in here, maybe something will be changed.

Thanks.
Post edited by nonamejohndoe on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    For some of your points to be legitimate, there should be a concede option that a team can vote on, otherwise you are forcing players to get killed over and over again which really isn't in the plans of Cryptic otherwise why not just let the other team spawn camp in the first place
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    #2 is a TERRIBLE idea. People need to stop confusing a 3-4k gulf in GS being a sign of someone being lazy or lacking skill. I am a 15k GF in full PVP gear. Give me an opponent at the same level and I will kill him as much as he kills me. Make me fight an 18k HR and I am dying in about 10 seconds. Do not force me to fight the 18ks over and over again when I will only die over and over again. I think the only people that demand this are the 18k elites that like to sit on their Thrones in front of the spawn point and then mince the lower-geared players when they try and jump down.

#4 is a TERRIBLE idea. Matchmaking often throws a 7-9k player into your party where everyone else is beyond 13k GS. I've been on teams where we have won with one of these in our ranks. They get mashed every time but it isn't their fault. And if they die over 10 times and they know they are weak, then kudos to them for actually trying. I'd rather have the weakest player try and fight and maybe cause a distraction than be 4v5. It isn't his fault that he ended up on your team so punishing him while he is trying is nonsense.

You are advocating punishing the player for the games shortcomings. Bracket PVP by GS. Lock inventory upon entering domination (sorry, no trolling the legit 8kers). Problems are all but eliminated.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • aaablacklady9aaablacklady9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another shiny player in pvp uber gear that ask to the dev to punish pve player only because sit at campfire when, if they try figth, they will get istant oneshotted...yeah really funny -.-
    If they force us to stay out of campfire and get us killed like cow for the meat, pve player will simply stop do pvp, and you will be able to do 1 pvp each 4 hour maybe ^^
    If you wont to do a real pvp, join 1 of the premade vs premade channel or a pvp channel, and have fun whit them.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    If you wont to do a real pvp, join 1 of the premade vs premade channel or a pvp channel, and have fun whit them.

I think this is the best route for OP. I'm sure you'll being tested
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1- agreed
    2- 5 seconds its nothing, let it be 15 or something like that.
    3- that's crazy, 24 hours is too much, and a couple of times i had some lag, got disconected, and when i returned i was punished like if i leaved the party on porpuse, not gona wait 24 hours just because i got disconnected 20 seconds...
    4- so you are punishing dc's for no reason, nice, also every lowgeared ppl who is put vs BiS players by the matchmaking system's fault, lol.

3 and 4 would have to be reworked cause PvP could be even worse than now, but 1 and 2 are good ideas.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Your points would make sense if the match was even. Otherwise, in say a pug versus premade(as an example only), you're perma punishing the pug here. Tell me how often, if you were pugging games, that you would end up getting screwed into 1 of your "slacker" punishment scenarios. Far too often, i'm afraid. Bad enough the matchmaking system's broke. Make people get punished even further if the matchmaking system screws you, and you're going to make pvp even more toxic than it already is.

For further explanation, ill break down your 4 steps, and how it would end up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people:
    1. Don't consider the quest done, if a team loses the game (you need to have 4 games PLAYED, not WON, in order to have the quest solved). It is not ok because many pve players are coming into pvp only do do the quest, but just staying there, not fighting, because they make the quest even if they lose.

Thanks to the beloved matchmaking system, if youre not in a premade, this would be translated to "I now need to pug until I miraculously get 4 lucky pug wins. Tell me how often the matchmaking system works in pug's favor?
    2. Don't let them stay in the respawn point more than 5 seconds (push them down if those 5 seconds are gone) so they need to fight, not only to wait the finish of the game, safe, up there.

Now in pugs versus premade, youre FORCED to go down into the spawn with those BiS enemy players lying in wait, without possible backup(whatever it may be) from your teammates. Easy prey if you ask me.
    3. Punish those who are leaving the game in domination with 24 hours ban, not only 30 minutes (so they will lose the daily quest for that day).

Wow... so now if a pug player decides that his pug team of 9k players facing off against BiS premade team comprised of 18k gs players is too much, he now must wait 24 hours to even try again?
    4. If a player is doing nothing in a game (more than 10 deaths + no kills + no heal + no assists), he should not receive 1 point, even if his team is winning.

Tell me, how often would a pug player versus a well geared premade be able to pull off LESS THAN 10 DEATHS. Once again, if you pug you lose.

Youre suggestions have merit, but only if EVERY QUEUE IN PVP IS FILLED WITH SAME GEARED PLAYERS ON BOTH TEAMS]. Non premade teams are pretty much FORCED to either sit and lose over and over again, with no reward for at least taking the pugstomping beating, or getting punished harshly for NOT taking it either. Its a lose/lose situation for anyone not premade in there.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • caldrecaldre Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I dislike all these.. Why? I'll break it down:

I'm a PvP player yet when I PuG I can find it hard to get 4 wins out of maybe 10 matches played. Prettty often as a 15.5 K GS DC in the top 30 pages of the LB I'm put with players who average 5 -10 K GS between the 4 of them. They get one shotted. I can't be on every single node to keep everyone up, and when people are one shotted, not even the very best DCs of Req, Iyon, VIRA, Freya, Hot pants etc can keep someone up like that.

So all in all, it would hurt everyone involved.

Not even scared to admit I've stayed in spawn in matches where my team just got ruffle stomped and give up. I'll take my deaths from playing, because it's been my choice to go that node and risk dieing but being pushed out of Spawn would just give me deaths for the sake of giving me deaths. I'd rather not help people who already have all their kill achievements gain more for their LB stats.

As has been said, I've been D/Ced and kicked out of the match before now, I'd rather not have a 24 hour ban just because I have crappy internet at the moment.

So what about my DC that doesn't get a whole lot of kills but can gain a lot of deaths. In proper premades vs premades, nodes are held for up to 5, 10 or 15 minutes (I've even seen up to 45 minutes between one of the best TRs in the game vs one of the best DCs) without either player dieing, so there for I wouldn't even get any assists. That seems a bit unfair, as I'm rotating and contributing to my team in other ways so why should I not have it count?

My 2 cents worth on this.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All are bad suggestions, without exception.

All you need to do to fix every issue in your post is:

- ranked queue. Affects leaderboard. Requires 5 man team that was registered.
    - pug queue. Doesn't affect leaderboard. Can go in, try , leave. Can complete AD daily, get some glory, get some beginner PvP gear.