test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Request] New Companion Upgrade idea.

viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have an idea that would be great. It is just an idea, dev's feel to use it if you want.
Say you are a level 24 ( your class here ) and have a max stat white level cleric you happened to name Myrtle the Bandaid. No judgment here on naming her Myrtle.
OK you walk into Protectors Enclave and get a mail so you walk over to the mailbox to see what it is. You get a note saying that you are invited to come to the mage ware shop. Signed Mya. Thats not far from you, I'll go check it out. You get there and step inside. You are greeted warmly by a tall woman, light brown haired with bright vivid blue eyes. She says my name is Mya you your companion asked me to ask you to come here to help them. You ask how can I help them? Mya smiles beautifully and says it is a simple spell that I cast on your companion that allows them to continue to learn new skills when adventuring with you. You say I will do what ever I can to help but I'm astral diamonds poor at the moment. Mya smiles again and says my services only cost 2 gold and 10,000 astral diamonds. The spell will need a stone of power. You say that is reasonable I might have all of that right now. I do actually, here you go.
Mya accepts the money and puts it away behind the counter, walks over and pulls out a different coin, sets it on the counter she proceeds to cast a spell over the coin it looks to be heating the coin and stretching it. The spell slowly lowers the coin to the counter top. Mya's face seems a bit ashen but she smiles at your again and says give this coin to your companion and she will be able to continue to learn and fight by your side.

Basically give 2 gold 10,000 ad and green mark of power to get one token that unlocks them to green level. I say 5 gold 20,000 and a blue mark of power to go from green to blue, and 10 gold 30,000 ad and a purple mark of power to go from blue to purple. Pretty simple and a good bit of role play thrown in and it is prices that are tough but not out of this world to get. If I want to take a white wizard companion and run him to purple it would cost millions of astral diamonds it would only cost me 2000-3000 zen for one already at purple. Why should it not cost around that same amount to take a white up through to purple?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by viledeeds77#8676 on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Though the current prices are too high, yours are far too low. Why would anyone buy zen companions (though also pretty expensive tbh) for the equaivalent of 1.25m when they can just get them from your suggestions for less than 10% of that
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Prices are debatable so what would you think a honest fair price would be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Your system is too complicated for one, and way to cheap. (Also next time please make your suggestion without the role play. It's annoying to read to a non-role player and can turn people off of your idea even if you had the best idea ever thought of.) To look at what's fair you also have to take into account what a companion costs on thru ZAX

If you get Zen thru ZAX

Green Companion 400,000 ad
    Blue Companion 750,000 ad
    Purple Companion 1,250,000 ad

So what are the current prices of the upgrades?

A Common rank 15 companion can be upgraded to Uncommon for 300,000 Astral Diamond
    An Uncommon rank 20 companion can be upgraded to Rare for 500,000 Astral Diamond
    A Rare rank 25 companion can be upgraded to Epic for 750,000 Astral Diamond

So lets say fair would be the same price as the Zen Store, otherwise cash customers would say it's not fair.

make white to green at 300k ad (the same)
    make green to blue 450k ad (50k ad cheaper)750k total price just like Zen Store
    make blue to purple 500k ad (250k ad cheaper)1.25M total just like Zen Store
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    faleth77 wrote: »
    Prices are debatable so what would you think a honest fair price would be?

Hard to say tbh, generally upgrading to green and blue isnt really worth the ad and a minority decide to upgrade to purple purely for the active bonus and it should be somewhat competitive with the zen store. However there's a clash between the cost of it and the value of it. Maybe if ranking it up boosted its effectiveness more *shrug*. It's just a shame to never rank any companions up unless I make more than enough ad and dont have much else to get.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They don't seem to be looking for ideas regarding companion upgrades. They, however, gave the cash users an alternative method with the companion token thing, which seems to me to contribute to the devaluation on AD, but I won't go there now.
    The problem is that the current system is poorly thought. What I would change is the way upgrading works. Here's what I think would be fair: to upgrade a companion from white to purple would cost 900k. If the companion is green it would cost 700k to upgrade to purple, and if it's blue 500k to upgrade it. They could add some tokens in the Drake Seal vendor's shop for upgrading to green and blue qualities. Make the green upgrade token 5000 Seals of the Drake and the blue upgrade token 8000. This would cut down the AD cost is exchange for grinding, and give us something to do with the seals besides bringing more AD in the system.
    Also, they could remove those companion upgrade tokens, if they really give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the game.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.