test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warlock DPS?

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey all,

Has anyone figured out the Warlock DPS build on the test shard? One took my HR from 37k HP to 0 in about 2-3 seconds.

Mind sharing the build or feat tree for that? Pretty sure the guy was running a P. Vorpal.
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    37k in a couple of second? I want to talk to those guys who told me p.vorpal is not so good for warlocks now xD

Wondering if it was warlock with broken burning guidance.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very easy, nuke u till 50% with crit then use crit Killing Flame on you. But do you sure he can reach 50% of your hp without triggering your auto insane regen, marauder escape and dodge?? In dom pvp this wont happen at all because warlock are very vulnerable to root, that will interrupt many main dps skills of warlock.
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's the fury tree. I'm going to take a wild stab at what happened to you, so bear with me.

The first thing is the way Dreadtheft interacts with Warlock's Bargain. Warlock's bargain hits hard. It'll do about 10k with a normal-ish build, and if you critical it with vorpal, you're looking at dealing over 30k in 6 seconds. However, it counts as a curse, but isn't consumed by "Curse Consume" effects.

Dreadtheft is the big doom laser. It consumes curses on contact, and for every curse it consumes, it lowers the target's defenses by 9% and increases the wielder's damage by 9%. you can only stack this once on enemies, but it stacks up to nine times on the warlock, resulting in the opponent being weaker, and the warlock dealing x1.5 damage, or close to it. As warlock's Bargain is not consumed, it stacks up to the maximum instead.

the fury feat tree capstone essentially makes it so that all necrotic damage attacks (which both Warlock's Bargain and Dreadtheft are) deal their damage again over the next 8 seconds as long as the necrotic damage is done to a cursed character, which, of course, warlock's bargain makes you. This is no simple DoT. This mulches people quick like fast, and I win half my fights in pvp because of it on the preview shard, despite being 12.8k GS and most of my opponents being 17k+.

It's a matter of getting the bargain off, which they'll use prones or good timing to achieve. once that's on you, your only hope is to cancel out the Dreadtheft before it can do much damage, which requires you to control the warlock after it starts. A tall order, I know, but a warlock like this will likely not have much defense or HP, being extremely squishy for the sake of ridiculous DPS.

Sadly, if they get you to 50% or lower, killing flames is also a worry, as it does more damage the lower the target's health is. I've done 15k non crits with it before. it's the execution move to end executions.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Very easy, nuke u till 50% with crit then use crit Killing Flame on you. But do you sure he can reach 50% of your hp without triggering your auto insane regen, marauder escape and dodge?? In dom pvp this wont happen at all because warlock are very vulnerable to root, that will interrupt many main dps skills of warlock.

Uhh, from what I am seeing now (people are making pvp builds); if you try and lock a warlock down with this certain set with roots and interrupts, your going to find yourself in some trouble with this class (if you can afford the enchants for it).

I am seeing more and more Warlocks tearing people new asses in lower tier pvp gear (again, with certain enchants I will not name here). I do agree though, after fighting a lot of folks on preview, CW will be SW worst nightmare in pvp more so than the melee classes because of their new buffed CC (steal time is a mother now)
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    killing flames is like IBS,with range.

oh the nightmares
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    It's the fury tree. I'm going to take a wild stab at what happened to you, so bear with me.

The first thing is the way Dreadtheft interacts with Warlock's Bargain. Warlock's bargain hits hard. It'll do about 10k with a normal-ish build, and if you critical it with vorpal, you're looking at dealing over 30k in 6 seconds. However, it counts as a curse, but isn't consumed by "Curse Consume" effects.

Dreadtheft is the big doom laser. It consumes curses on contact, and for every curse it consumes, it lowers the target's defenses by 9% and increases the wielder's damage by 9%. you can only stack this once on enemies, but it stacks up to nine times on the warlock, resulting in the opponent being weaker, and the warlock dealing x1.5 damage, or close to it. As warlock's Bargain is not consumed, it stacks up to the maximum instead.

the fury feat tree capstone essentially makes it so that all necrotic damage attacks (which both Warlock's Bargain and Dreadtheft are) deal their damage again over the next 8 seconds as long as the necrotic damage is done to a cursed character, which, of course, warlock's bargain makes you. This is no simple DoT. This mulches people quick like fast, and I win half my fights in pvp because of it on the preview shard, despite being 12.8k GS and most of my opponents being 17k+.

It's a matter of getting the bargain off, which they'll use prones or good timing to achieve. once that's on you, your only hope is to cancel out the Dreadtheft before it can do much damage, which requires you to control the warlock after it starts. A tall order, I know, but a warlock like this will likely not have much defense or HP, being extremely squishy for the sake of ridiculous DPS.

Sadly, if they get you to 50% or lower, killing flames is also a worry, as it does more damage the lower the target's health is. I've done 15k non crits with it before. it's the execution move to end executions.

prone, root or cc and dreadtheft becomes a 15 second useless skill. One of the worse skills to use in pvp if your find yourself in a 1 versus 1 scenario.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gomok72 wrote: »
    prone or cc and dreadtheft becomes a 15 second useless skill. One of the worse skills to use in pvp if your find yourself in a 1 versus 1 scenario.

Funny you should say that. it's won me more fights than I've had it cancelled out on, and the times when it's cancelled, all you need to do is toss a daily or artifact out that can control your opponent and you can do enough damage to kill the opponent anyways. It's far from the only thing Warlocks can do. But, thankfully, so many people don't know how to respond to it that it ends up working. The meta will shift when people figure out how to counter it, don't worry.