test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gearscore in PvP

2»

Comments

• lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only way to make pvp fair is making every single stat and enchantment, including weapon and armor enhancement count towards into GS and then making at least 3 pvp tiers.

it will never EVER be fair with this free for all system, it only creates hatred for the system and the game as a whole and ostracize the players. making them leave forever.

of course some people will try to pay their way till top, but they are few and soon the game wont have any population but bots and those "elite" players forever blaming and trying to nerf each others classes forever and ever...
  • berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think a separate que for dominion would work out very well for everybody.

Practice Dominion
    Rated Dominion.

Practice dominion dosent count for anything.
    Rated will bring you up or down on leaderboard.

Also, removing the daily for astral diamonds in PvP should be #1 fix.
  • discriminatingdiscriminating Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2014
    berzergera wrote: »
    Also, removing the daily for astral diamonds in PvP should be #1 fix.

This is a bad idea. The one thing that people don't seem to get in their quest to separate out the Weak from the Strong in PvP (and this goes for every game I've ever played in) is that you need more of the Weak to make more of the Strong. And in order to do that, you need to provide incentives for people that would not normally participate in PvP to do just that. Sure, there will be people that try it and have no taste for it, but there will be the few that really enjoy it and persevere to become better. Then they become the "elite" of the future that are *****ing about newbs ruining their experience. :P

Keep the daily incentive. Without encouraging new blood into PvP, you might as well remove it from the game.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    arimikami wrote: »
    I already have a full set of T1 PvP gear. I had it waiting for me in my inventory before I even got to 60. According to many people, that's still not good enough.

In fact, I commented on that right at the start of this thread.

A new level 60 in full T1 PvP gear is only going to have about a 9k GS unless they take the time to farm, or spend the cash, to get high level enchants and those aren't going to push the GS too much higher.

Rank 8's are very very easy to achieve with very little time or money invested.

There is no excuse, if you are queing with 9k GS you are going to put your team at a disadvantage. This pisses people off who are competitive and don't want to get rolled because its basically 5v4 because you don't feel you should have to put any effort into gearing.

I understand your PoV and I sympathize with it. But look at it from the other side. People are getting frustratingly stomped in matches they might have won.... because of you.

Why do you even want to play with a GS that low? Most players must 1 shot you. How is that fun? Get some gear, you will be happier.

Also.... if you are low GS player, and not experienced: GO MID!!!! If you just go mid and stand on the point, even if you die over and over, I will win the match for you, or come very close.

DO NOT.... EVER... UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GO TO YOUR HOME CAP... EVER EVER EVER. Go mid, if mid is capped push to their point.

Trust me, if your homecap is in trouble, the rest of the pugs are going to go there, more people are NOT needed. GO MID.

Did I mention.... GO MID!!!

Enemy Team
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Oh!

Also, if you are in a pug match, try this:

GO MID
    Enemy Team
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mid meaning 'middle' and designing the node number 2 on the map ;)
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
    edited August 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Oh!

Also, if you are in a pug match, try this:

GO MID

Honestly, this one seems to really escape people. I've levelled up a DC recently and I can tell you that those low ranking Dom matches are a wasteland of strategy. It's to be expected considering most people are probably entirely new to the match. But wow.

I would also say that a corollary to the GO MID rule is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS FIGHT ON CAP POINTS. It doesn't matter if you are ranged or not. If you are standing back off the pad throwing your iceballs, you're hurting your team.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you're a squishy alone, going on the cap point with 3 enemies on it really isnt going to make a difference. You'll just die within 5 seconds, you are better off hanging back, pinging people, pushing/drawing them off; till reinforcements come.

But yah once you out # them or it's clear you will be able to push them/clear the point, fight on the point.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And about the 6-7K toons? Whats their excuse ? I have a lvl 60 toon with such GS btw and he got to 60 only thru leadership and once per day invocation. Such toons have no room in PVP doms next to 15-16K ppl.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited August 2014
    If you're a squishy alone, going on the cap point with 3 enemies on it really isnt going to make a difference. You'll just die within 5 seconds, you are better off hanging back, pinging people, pushing/drawing them off; till reinforcements come.

But yah once you out # them or it's clear you will be able to push them/clear the point, fight on the point.

I disagree. If you last for 5 seconds on the node, those are 5 seconds that the opposing team didn't get points from that node. It's also five seconds that you occupied more of their team than of your team which left you fellow teammates an opportunity to take advantage of the imbalance. If you stay ranged and never occupy the node and die in 10 seconds instead of 5, then you still hurt your team.

But this thread's not really about tactics so....
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's been said a hundred times already: there needs to be Tiers in PvP!!!

I don't PvP because I suck at it (panic and start mashing buttons). I have toons each with a PvE gs of 14-16 each. Obviously this usually doesnt' work well in PvP since they are not specifically geared for it. My guild leader suckers me in every once and a while and I play 2-3 matches and then just get so frustrated by the entire thing I swear off PvP until I forget and get suckered again (thinking I will do better this time). When my guild leader comments something like "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it's ______ domination guild. We're dead." And thus it comes to pass as a true stomp where we do not break 100. So where in hell is this even fair? My guild is not a PvP guild, we just like doing things together to help eachother out and have fun.

Basically I should be playing in a Tier 1 domination round as a pug. Once I get a few wins I should move up to another tier. Simple really. Playing with my guild should be averaged with their win/loss and tier standings.

BTW- My GS does not make me a better player, just gets me a few seconds more of survival time in my case. :cool:
  • hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vader6139 wrote: »
    It's been said a hundred times already: there needs to be Tiers in PvP!!!

I don't PvP because I suck at it (panic and start mashing buttons). I have toons each with a PvE gs of 14-16 each. Obviously this usually doesnt' work well in PvP since they are not specifically geared for it. My guild leader suckers me in every once and a while and I play 2-3 matches and then just get so frustrated by the entire thing I swear off PvP until I forget and get suckered again (thinking I will do better this time). When my guild leader comments something like "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it's ______ domination guild. We're dead." And thus it comes to pass as a true stomp where we do not break 100. So where in hell is this even fair? My guild is not a PvP guild, we just like doing things together to help eachother out and have fun.

Basically I should be playing in a Tier 1 domination round as a pug. Once I get a few wins I should move up to another tier. Simple really. Playing with my guild should be averaged with their win/loss and tier standings.

BTW- My GS does not make me a better player, just gets me a few seconds more of survival time in my case. :cool:

Man, i feel exactly like you.. 14-16k gs Vs 20-24k gs, WTF! how hard is it for the NW devs to set pvp matches according to the average gs of teams.. Only reason they are not doing so (that i can think of) would be "Marketing".. Imagine, we get beat up bad, we want to get better and better, we start paying more and more to get our GS higher and higher (yes i meant to say it that way).
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hellrated wrote: »
    Man, i feel exactly like you.. 14-16k gs Vs 20-24k gs, WTF! how hard is it for the NW devs to set pvp matches according to the average gs of teams.. Only reason they are not doing so (that i can think of) would be "Marketing".. Imagine, we get beat up bad, we want to get better and better, we start paying more and more to get our GS higher and higher (yes i meant to say it that way).
    They had elo set that way at first. 30-60 minute wait times for everyone.
  • hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    They had elo set that way at first. 30-60 minute wait times for everyone.

Well then there is that, with the current module the only option might be to equalize the GS of both teams, but then players would be demotivated to get higher GS, improve skills as the most interesting part about this game for veteran players is PVP.
    I guess for now people who are 6-13k GS should get used to getting beat at PVP, well, at least it's a good motivator for players to try and get better gear *cough**caugh* pay to win *caugh*
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I disagree. If you last for 5 seconds on the node, those are 5 seconds that the opposing team didn't get points from that node. It's also five seconds that you occupied more of their team than of your team which left you fellow teammates an opportunity to take advantage of the imbalance. If you stay ranged and never occupy the node and die in 10 seconds instead of 5, then you still hurt your team.

But this thread's not really about tactics so....

"If you last for 5 seconds on the node"

^^^^

In current meta 5 seconds is nearly impossible vs 3 enemies ,except if you are Tr or faithfull DC.In any other way you are toast in less than 3 secs.
    Especially if the three opponents are ranged/CC classses.To make it more clear against 2 CWs and a DC or 2 CWs and a SW it is better just to wait reenfrcements or to annoy them to get one at least out of node.

PS:CWs are doing better than other classes against TRs.I have seen 19k CW kiting for ever a 20k TR.Too much control too much dps.But yes CWs OP always goes under the radar.
    And CWs should no longer ignore 66% tenacity for CC purposes.