test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Friends?

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I already searched, but could not find anything (although some of you may be better at searching for forum topics than I).

How do you have friends in this forum? Do they have to be in-game friends and that makes it transfer to these forums?
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."

Comments

• Options
    notsosneaky69notsosneaky69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I already searched, but could not find anything (although some of you may be better at searching for forum topics than I).

How do you have friends in this forum? Do they have to be in-game friends and that makes it transfer to these forums?

Are they even in the forums? Same name in forums as in game?
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are no friends in the forum. Only a bunch of people nagging *grumpy cat said*

Nah, kidding, like notsosneaky69 said, they could have different names.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just ask them in game what their forum handle is. mine is not the same as my in game name, either.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ya have contacts in here. You can subscribe to threads, and you can have friends in Arc. Click User CP to add contacts. Click your own name on a post, and go to view profile.. you'll see where you can add Arc friends.

I have never used any of these features. I just have people who are and aren't on my ignore list. Sometimes I see long threads without a post by a non-ignored party. haha

The contacts list add, has a pretty good autocomplete...
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It is just weird that no one can view anyone's forum profile because the attempted viewer is "not friends" with the person. Yet, how do we establish forum friendships in the first place? Seems like some functionality is not being used here . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ya have contacts in here. You can subscribe to threads, and you can have friends in Arc. Click User CP to add contacts. Click your own name on a post, and go to view profile.. you'll see where you can add Arc friends.

I have added contacts, but still cannot view their forum profile. I think there is something missing . . .

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    It is just weird that no one can view anyone's forum profile because the attempted viewer is "not friends" with the person. Yet, how do we establish forum friendships in the first place? Seems like some functionality is not being used here . . .

It is done through ARC , left click the persons name then click 'view profile' and that takes you to ARC , log into ARC with the same account as you use for the forum and you will see a blue ADD Friends button.The strange thing is that the other person will only see the request next time they log onto ARC , not when they log on the forum lol , very strange system compared to others I have used.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just ask them in game what their forum handle is. mine is not the same as my in game name, either.

mysteriouss

no yes i can understand, it`s kind of weird ingame people can link to the forum even if it`s unwanted.
    hackers everywhere, if you have a couple of zen and tell here, you might get targeted ;p