test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[GF] [mod4] Mark changes and ArP [Theorycrafting]

panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hello,
i'm still new to this game so please interrupt me if i might begin with false assumptions.

This is concerning pve, im not into pvp and i dont care for pvp, i want to max my character for pve.
---

mod4 GF mark change:
"Mark: Targets who are marked have -20% damage resistance against strikes from the Guardian Fighter."

As far as i know, the highest damage resistance one would encounter in pve would be 24% on bosses (1.icon5.pngIs that correct?). While we are at it - ive read this number in various guides, but is there any source to this?

Now, adding 4 DEX would end up having 24% resistance ignored on marked targets. (2.icon5.pngIs having "-20% damage resistance" and "resistance ignored" the same thing?)

3.icon5.png Does that "mark" status only count for the tab-mark or also for the targets being marked from "enforced threat"?

It would be obvious by now, but what im aiming at is - 4.icon5.png Would the ArP-stat become close to obsolete for the GF in PVE?

Any thoughts? Am i off the track? Looking forward to everyones opinion, the more detailed the better (-:
Post edited by panisch420 on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    You are. Those effects are actually misleadingly-described damage buffs, and you will still benefit from capping off your ArPen.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    You are. Those effects are actually misleadingly-described damage buffs, and you will still benefit from capping off your ArPen.

The way I understand it NPCs cannot be taken below 0% DR. After factoring in your DEX any excess RI from Arpen would be going to waste.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think what kattefjaes meant was, that the coming mark effect has nothing to do with actual resistance ignored or reduced, and therefore arpen values would be unaffected.
    Still wondering why it's called " -20% damage resistance" then though, im not quite convinced but looking for clarification.
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GF marks are useless compaired to GWF marks now....
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    panisch420 wrote: »
    I think what kattefjaes meant was, that the coming mark effect has nothing to do with actual resistance ignored or reduced, and therefore arpen values would be unaffected.
    Still wondering why it's called " -20% damage resistance" then though, im not quite convinced but looking for clarification.

Ah, I'm with you now.

And yes, it seems kattefjaes is correct, Mark is a damage buff of 20% and not resistance ignored.

So OP, ignore Mark when calculating your Resistance Ignored. Instead take your Dexterity into account first then use your Armour Penetration stat to reach the 24% mark.

An example using my GF would be:
    Dexterity gives me 8% Resistance Ignored, so I have Armour Penetration stacked to 16%, for a total of 24% Resistance Ignored.

Crit and power become good dumping grounds. With the new changes to Reckless Attacker and coupled with Timeless Hero armour, a GF can reach ~35% crit chance at times while investing around 1800 - 2000 points in crit. Manage everything well and you will be dropping 45k Anvil of Boom crits without a Vorpal.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.