test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Module 4 & 5 just introduce yet another set of dailies?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I really hope the devs take note that a lot of people are tired of doing dailies/campaign system and do not consider them to be relevant endgame content.

The new dungeons introduced are merely glorified boon caves since they aren't farmable like Castle Never was months ago. High end PVE guilds are mostly dead because there is little reason for them to exist.

I really like the idea of open world PVP and I applaud their initiative to implement that. However, there are many restrictions and decisions they chose which lead to empty instances and zero activity other than a few minutes of ganking. Open world wars are the dream, it should've been a better version of GG and the fact that these restrictions has caused this zone to be lifeless and empty most of the time is a big disappointment.

I don't know about other people, but I'm tired of yet another anticipated module providing nothing but grinding dailies. Here is to hoping that module 5 would bring something new to the table.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What would you like in the Module? Besides running quests?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not against doing dailies as long as they are fun. Currently they are not. We basically are just following a sparky trait to kill 5 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or collect 5 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and are soloing 99% of the time. That's too linear and dull. Especially the sparky trait in dungeon is killing fun because players aren't encouraged to explore dungeon anymore. I don't want to promote other games, but if devs really has gone to a limitation on creating fun quests/dungeons, maybe you could refer to another mmo. Although pretty much everything in it is outdated, at least its quests/dungeons design encourage players to explore and work as a team.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Well.. Dailies of course. Just not in the way they are build now. Right now there's absolutely no immersion, and I for one have absolutely no feeling I'm getting anywhere closer to my goal after the first week.

What I would like to see is something like this:
    Day 1: introduction and maybe clear the road to build a base camp. Something like the DR or Sharandar introduction.
    Day 2-day 6: Daily quests, but progressing over a large map a little at the time, each day diminishing the hordes of evil and protecting the innocent. (they respawn of course, but let's stick to the storyline) You can go back for the old quests and repeat them for extra xp/campaign currency, but there's also that needed step forward in the storyline by doing the new quests further up the road.
    Day 7: A DR like lair housing a important figure or event in the storyline that needs to be defeated or stopped before a second, smaller base (on map 2) can be built. These can return as weekly/daily lairs once unlocked and can have an arcane coffer like chest for extra rewards. Finishing this lair "clears" the map and grants access to the next.
    Repeat as required, till the final dungeon. Each cleared map is rewarded with a boon, purchased from an important NPC you helped out before. (or simply from a mayor for doing all that good work)
    Timed events over the map like HEs and the ones in DR are of course welcome.
    The daily prior to gaining access to the final dungeon consists of a gauntlet like map, aimed to clear the road for your final assault on the dungeon. This gauntlet should be instanced, long (about 1h to 90min on average), without shops and fires except for the fire at the beginning, and hard -but not impossible to solo-.It also has to be non-linear so you can get lost and have to find your way, so no sparkly trail. People are of course allowed to team up, but this should be a real test of prowess and endurance. Maybe you can find some prisoners to free somewhere off the beaten track who are willing to help you fight your battles, but they can't live forever. They are soldiers at best. Not heroes like us. Finishing this gauntlet rewards the last boon or the purchase thereof and gives access to the final boss's dungeon.

This, to me anyway, is the way Dungeons and Dragons is supposed to be played, and I think most DnD DMs will agree with me. This is telling the story of a hero, which we all are in this game. They did an outstanding job with the 60- storyline. So why not with a campaign?

This would certainly be a welcome change to the 12 daily quests on a map or two over and over and over... Unfortunately this would take a little more work than they're used to putting into the areas for these mods. I do like the idea of a lengthy challenging gauntlet you can solo or build a group for to unlock boons or campaign dungeons. The way HE's work now is far from ideal but I feel like nearly anything they can do about it would only make it worse. Anything other than shortening the respawn timers or them will just make things harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014

New farmable dungeons to replace CN

10-man or 15-man instanced raids

New PVP modes and maps

Restructured open world PVP so that it isn't dead 90% of the time

I am talking about module 5 of course. I've seen module 4 and it is yet another bunch of grinding dailies and "heroics" that are just dailies
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well for one you are epic and the adventures you go on and the quests you do should be as well, as it stands right now this is not the case. I for one have been a DM dungeon master for many years starting from the blue box till now, I have played the online games and the pool of radiance "on a commodore 64 no less" and the baldur's gate with is a great game. The repetitive nature of an mmo is what is killing the game and spoiling the fun for some, I do have some ideas and will list them.

1) throw in some random encounters, events, problems, and obstacles this is what will keep things some what fresh and add more on a weekly bases and change them up. Do not just have the creatures standing there in the open (undead can rise from the ground or have an effect of hands coming from the ground and cause damage and an entangle effect or minor hold till the zombies are fully up and ready. Did this in my game and the players were always looking at the ground and were there at, this is kind of a hazard.) Randomly rise or lower the aggro range of some creatures, this can cause people to be a bit more cautious. Ranged attacks for some like the dread ring there are slaves let them throw rocks at people to help there masters. Maybe have a breach event once in a while happen so any one in the dread ring camp has to help fight of hordes of undead and push them back, have a special boss maybe 5 or 6 different ones each time its random and have him drop a dungeon key or a set of gear that looks cool that he wears or a quest for a random dungeon (this dungeon can be located at a different point for each of the bosses, and the lay out can be random each time so the same rooms and stuff is not in the same locations every time.) This is of course dread ring but can be used for any location

For the elven forest with trees you can hid stuff or have them burst from cover pit traps and snares for forested areas. Fight off corrupted bears and other wild life and the boss a nasty red cap or cyclops or what have you a hag even. Shambling mounds that look like other plants or blend in with the back ground (hay a use for a perception skill) Random events like say a corrupted trent or some thing tries to push the camp back thorough the gate, maybe even forcing a temp retreat causing another event if this happens with the characters taking back the gate and the area beyond it.

Have not gotten to ice wind dale yet but from what I hear its got some issues as well and could benefit from some of these ideas, take back the town from what evert or random creature encounters in the wild and above all some minor lair quests for every area like a troll den or barbarian cave or and undead crypt or abandoned mine, farm house, ect... each time keep the lay out random if possible and put stuff in random areas ( a timer of a sort some times say before a cave in or what ever happens that you need to get out of it you may be find a child or some one you have to get to safety. My point being add an element of the unexpected and change things up from time to time. I think the quests in each area could be improved but would require too much work as it is these changes would work now with out impacting too much of whats already there. For example (The rod of cancellation each section could be held by a mini boss in a random dungeon, the first being a cave like area the second a crypt area and the final all open in the area thats around the sphere is now requiring you to defeat him in open combat for the last piece (this would scale if there is a group attacking and will call adds if others jump in to attack those who try and help you that's not on the team or grouped with you, the ads will not fight you and you can not fight the ads only those who try and help are targeted and chased back to a camp sight or they kill the ad which will call others to help if with in range of them. The ads are not something to ignore as they hurt and there are many and more keep coming as long as the character keeps interfering with the combat if he is not in the group. This can and will cause some chaos in the area as it should
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I would like a new set of dungeons. Instead of dropping some new useless armor or weapon have it drop a component that can be used in crafting to upgrade a specific piece of any existing armor to T3. This way we don't get yet another set of useless expansion armor with 2 piece and 4 piece stats that are junk compared to the existing T1/T2 sets.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Currency that I can eventually discard!

Half of my currency inventory is being taken up by M1-3 currencies that I can't get rid of!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New farmable dungeons to replace CN

Both versions of the new skirmish are supposed to drop the new accessory set that has a Three piece bonus and the full set is currently BoE so that is definitely farmable , unless they change it all
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Currency that I can eventually discard!

Half of my currency inventory is being taken up by M1-3 currencies that I can't get rid of!

the currency bag has been increased with nearly all modules.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm deliberately holding off playing the preview server as I don't want to ruin the surprise and/or face disappointment without playing it live.

I do this as well I usually go over for 1 or 2 days right at the start to test the new class a bit and then leave before I get to any new content as I don't want to spoil it (plus with up to 8 characters to play through I'll see it enough in the future!)

I'd love to see something built upon from your original idea like this.

1. New module in new zone opens

2. Players all work in clearing the zone (daily quests) where every day if the community reaches it's goal the wilds are cleared a bit and slowly over a few weeks a small "safe zone" is set up that changes over time into a town (you could even carry this idea over to several months and make a second town like PE). On days where the community doesn't reach its goal you can just have the change delayed until they do (As an example if the community did collect 50% of the widgets, kill 50% of the mobs, run 50% of the event etc... just have that 50% added to the next days goal as the start point so eventually everything would be unlocked even if it takes multiple days to do so).

3. Continue clearing zone in a week to week progression and then unlock areas and new dungeons as per magenubble's ideas in his earlier post which I thought were great.

Cheers
    Calvin
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Both versions of the new skirmish are supposed to drop the new accessory set that has a Three piece bonus and the full set is currently BoE so that is definitely farmable , unless they change it all

So are the new three piece bonus a clear upgrade from the CN ones either in PVE or PVP?
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the currency bag has been increased with nearly all modules.

The Issue might also be that many currencies only stack to 100, then a second stack is started. And there are untradeable currencies that don't provide any use later on, or the incentives to use them on given 'currency dumps' are giving horrible returns.
    Example, Sharandar. One can always dump Sparks, Dailyquest tokens and some AD for an Item that helps with the refining process.
    Icewind Dale: Can always go for Overload Enchants or Xvim Rings. Especially when we get more sets with Overload Slots, that might become more viable.
    Dread Ring? One task to turn one currency into another, and another currency dump that has, in any case, a lower return than it has as an input. Why not add a few refinement items to the 'Recover Thayan Gear' task? One puts 30 Scrolls, 5 Gold, 50 Scrips and 10k AD in. Some AD is returned via Salvage and Refine. So, why not add a few Peridots with maybe a chance for a higher Refine stone instead of one of the Peridots.

Or just make the currencies stack to 999 each so that it doesn't clutter so much.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So are the new three piece bonus a clear upgrade from the CN ones either in PVE or PVP?

This is the set , it looks like a upgrade but I guess it depends on what stats you favor.Plus I guess whether it is farmable or not depends on what the drop rate is like , the same skirmishes can drop Artifact belts and the new epic crafting mats you need to make the Artifact weapon so plenty of desirable stuff drops it just depends on the drop rates lol .

SIlckHV.jpg
    fiq5Rul.jpg
    J60Eh0k.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014

There is at least a better Ancient Slavemaster at 181/138/181 Power/Crit/Rec
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CN will become a ghost town. First weapons, now ancient rings too..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    CN will become a ghost town. First weapons, now ancient rings too..?
    Since they are reusing old maps for mod4 campaign, why not apply that logic to CN?
    What I mean is, introduce a new boss at the end with its accompanying storyline, and have that extra chest drop new weapons and armor with better stats/damage/set bonuses.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm overjoyed that they're reusing existing zones (and hopefully expanding them). Some of them, from an adventuring standpoint, have enormous potential. There are all manner of "unused" cave or mine entrances in many of the zones, so there are potential entrances for a great many dungeons in the future. In fact, in the Blackdagger zone, you can still enter Cragmire Barrow any time you want; wouldn't it be neat if a cave-in exposed a new dungeon, for instance?
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I'm overjoyed that they're reusing existing zones (and hopefully expanding them). Some of them, from an adventuring standpoint, have enormous potential. There are all manner of "unused" cave or mine entrances in many of the zones, so there are potential entrances for a great many dungeons in the future.

Some of these points can be used by Foundry authors, probably part of the reason why they were added in the first place.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We have a bunch of outside zones and for most of the soloers, dungeons that require 5 players. Being that the Q for these dungeons is generally ignored, the soloers are effectively out of luck.

I would like to see dungeons added that are capable of being soloed. Currently I use the Foundry to find those. But why not a game-supported feature? Take Dwarven Valley in IWD for instance. Some of those mine-opening could serve as instance entries. Soloers could take a quest to go retrieve/kill/collect in these instanced dungeons and receive tokens in return. A token vendor could sell BOA pearls, peridots or aquamarines. Or gear. Or more.

All dungeons are instanced anyway, so it wouldn't be something new and strange.

How about some OPEN dungeons? A large labyrinth where any number of players can enter and fight respawning mobs with mini-bosses and bosses. Quests could be added to those and farming could be discouraged by having all mobs in the dungeon capable of dropping the best gear at a slightly lower rate than a boss. Area quests (like the epic encounters) could occur in areas of the dungeon requiring several people to participate. Token rewards? General loot? ****

As a note to loot, there needs to be some kind of real incentive to tackling group/area/epic encounters. The IWD epic encounters drop 25-35 black ice? Are you kidding? I blow that much degrading my armor fighting them. Little incentive. Future encounters of those types should have players salivating to defeat the baddies - not trying to avoid them.

EDIT = **** Like GG, except for everyone.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i still can`t say i`m looking forward to mod 4, all i`ve seen is re using of models that already excisted, dragon and a skeleton.
    the commercialism on this one isn`t realy great, but ok maybe we shouldn`t expect much within such a short time.
    wasn`t doing that already hehehe, but ok . it doesn`t look interesting for me yet.
    also not interested warlock.
    i can say why but will only sound like complaining.
    the only thing i can say is i`m not a ranged type of person.

also the 3 button thing is getting boring, mostly comes down on gear.
    but since it`s going xbox it won`t be changed i guess.
  • Options
    roknariroknari Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to see a change to the open world PvP but blend the PvP with PvE. Set up an area that is based around 2 or even 3 factions. Players choose a faction, and you earn reputation or points towards that faction for your contributions. There are daily PvE quests like go collect 15 troll nose bones or whatever, doing these quests give your faction points, when you reach a certain threshold, buffs are unlocked like better NPC guards for your factions camp, making a traveling vendor appear that sells unique goods that can buff you in PvP/PvE, ect

As your faction gains points you unlock a second base camp that has more quests and has higher rewards. However enemy factions can attach these camps and burn em to the ground.

As you progress thru your faction you can unlock boons ect much like they have in place for the campaigns now. I just think having towns that you can attack and a reason to fight over them would be a little different and give something else to do. Make the main base camps have tougher defenders but not to the point where they cant be killed.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please please please no more dailies. No more.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    roknari wrote: »
    I'd like to see a change to the open world PvP but blend the PvP with PvE. Set up an area that is based around 2 or even 3 factions. Players choose a faction, and you earn reputation or points towards that faction for your contributions. There are daily PvE quests like go collect 15 troll nose bones or whatever, doing these quests give your faction points, when you reach a certain threshold, buffs are unlocked like better NPC guards for your factions camp, making a traveling vendor appear that sells unique goods that can buff you in PvP/PvE, ect

As your faction gains points you unlock a second base camp that has more quests and has higher rewards. However enemy factions can attach these camps and burn em to the ground.

As you progress thru your faction you can unlock boons ect much like they have in place for the campaigns now. I just think having towns that you can attack and a reason to fight over them would be a little different and give something else to do. Make the main base camps have tougher defenders but not to the point where they cant be killed.

I like your idea of being loyal to a specific faction and earning reputation points on that particular faction and also mechanics that PROMOTE open world wars not hinder them like the ones we have in module 3
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Agreed, the idea is nice. But how are you going to prevent the 20k BiS PvPers from roflstomping over the PvE players trying to get their dailies done? That's why OPvP is a separate area in IWD and not a full PvP map.

I'm a 20k BiS NON-PvP'er and no-holds-barred PvP would give me pause. That would be a ganker's paradise. :(
  • Options
    wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grind your life till you are dead or bored and move on :) that the mmo way...