test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting fatal Error: Direct3D driver (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating index

sybonnisybonni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Game exits often with this error:

Fatal Error: DIrect#D driver returned code
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED} while creating index buffer.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887 a0006

This happens fairly often, and I'd like to know how to fix it. I have updated my graphic drivers as of yesterday.
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Post edited by sybonni on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well DirectX thinks you are removing the card. Since that is unlikely I'd try running the game under dx9 since you are getting specifically a dx11 error and see if that has any effect. If that works try switching to a driver that's a few months old.
  • sybonnisybonni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This will sound stupid, but how do I run it under DX9 unless you mean uninstall 11 and install 9.
  • sybonnisybonni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    as an update: It runs fine in on the regular server, just on the preview it's exhibiting this behavior.
  • zagreus6zagreus6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sybonni wrote: »
    as an update: It runs fine in on the regular server, just on the preview it's exhibiting this behavior.

And now I'm getting this error after the latest patch to the regular server. Is it happening for you now also?
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got a direct3d error also but different then the op
    rCTLQsX.png?1)
    edited August 2014
    Eh lil Bump
  • ciro33ciro33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had the same problem. I installed older version of nvidia driver, and game runs now, but the graphics are very poor. The pixels are bigger than a coin. It´s a bug of 4th module. Hope they fix it soon.
  • danchico0779danchico0779 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yup, i get the same error message using Dx11, i switched to Dx9 but same thing happens. random crash at random time. all my drivers are up to date. I tried to find some answer from cryptic about this issue but nada.

My operating system is: Windows 7 PRO 64bits, (6cores) Intel core I7 4930K 3.4Ghz @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB, and my isp is 30Mbs/sec upload.

I realised that the game seem to have a memory leak since MOD4. Looking at my running process, the game shows at 3,000,000K range in private memory..
    edited August 2014
    shhbacon wrote: »
    I got a direct3d error also but different then the op
    rCTLQsX.png?1)
    Just crashed with the same error again...
    edited August 2014
    shhbacon wrote: »
    Just crashed with the same error again...
    and crashed again same error.
  • lucahatakelucahatake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i got also a probem with device removed it is like this

Fatal error: Direct#d driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
    Tecnical Details Sync query 5 01b636340 GetData==0x887a0005 0 NF329
    D3D11 Device removed due to DxGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x8870006

i got at the moment everytime problems like this when i log out to go to sleep i even re instald my pc
  • jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2014
    I too am unable to get in the game. Was there any fixes to this, I saw possible fixes mentioned but no confirmed fixes. I am completely unable to get into the game. Made sure drivers were up to date, and functioning. Ran scans cleaned up discs, defrag, restarted still can't get in.
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Creating vertex buffer.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I made a thread about this in the morning, I couldn't get in the game, was crashing and getting this

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating vertex buffer
    Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

I was able to get in the game again when I downloaded directx again from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

No problems so far with crashes. I was playing perfectly yesterday.
  • jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2014
    I also found a fix that is different from above. On the launcher click on options (before the error occurs) turn off On-Demand Patching, restart.
    Seems to be working fine now for me.
    It will run a patch which is long and takes awhile but at least I was able to play again.
  • sirrotomersirrotomer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I made a thread about this in the morning, I couldn't get in the game, was crashing and getting this

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating vertex buffer
    Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

I was able to get in the game again when I downloaded directx again from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

No problems so far with crashes. I was playing perfectly yesterday.

this is a lot faster fix then the other one. tyvm .
  • lordofdarkdemonslordofdarkdemons Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lucahatake wrote: »
    i got also a probem with device removed it is like this

Fatal error: Direct#d driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
    Tecnical Details Sync query 5 01b636340 GetData==0x887a0005 0 NF329
    D3D11 Device removed due to DxGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x8870006

i got at the moment everytime problems like this when i log out to go to sleep i even re instald my pc

I am also getting this same exact error and it wont let me reinstall my directx because it says it or a better version already exists