test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Races - any balancing ?

vibo21vibo21 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hi guys,

anyone knows if there is any chance that Devs will finally fix balance in races ? This is the last moment to do this...later we will have race change token and we will see halfling army on pvp...

Couldn;t they nerf halfling to +2% deflect chance (down from 3%) and +5% CC immunity (down from 10%) ? It would be still very strong (the strongest probably) race, but ppl would think also more about getting other races....
Post edited by vibo21 on

Comments

• Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Or they could buff a bit the other races. The +3% def for human is really awful. It's like getting nothing here. 2500+3% = 1.0045% of the DR value... it should be more like +3% DR or +3% of the DR.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not too much sense in buffing almost all races, when u could nerf just one and will be fine....It's only halfling which is OP...
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    i realy dont see A 3 Deflection chance as game breaking OP
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem is that there are only a few useful racials.

Halflings are useful for pvp.
    Humans are useful for extra feats.
    Horc's are useful for high crit pve builds.
    Tieflings are useful for pve builds

All other races are useless bonus wise. Buff up these others and you'll see more of them. Yeah halfling will still likely be the best for pvp but that's ok, pvp is a niche and yeah the bonus works best for it.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vibo21 wrote: »
    Not too much sense in buffing almost all races, when u could nerf just one and will be fine....It's only halfling which is OP...

It's true that nerfing the problematic race makes more sense and is less work. Frankly though, a lot of the races just suck though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Volt - yes, 3% deflect chance is too much, human has 3% def RATE only...

Charon - there is pve and pvp...in pve everyone is OP..time when dungs were hard ended with mod1...now there is a lot of boons, artifacts etc. so u can even solo many dungs...so area where something may be unbalanced is pvp...and most high-end players are playing pvp now mainly...
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It's not alone 3% deflect chance. It come with other things as well!

Human has only a +2 statchoice, not a +2 for stat a and +2 to stat b!
    Human have with +3% more defstat = 0 value thing. As said: 2500+0.03*2500 = 2575 DR of 2500 def ~2575 def!
    But if the human give +3% of the DR, then it's other, because 40%*1.03 = 41.2%. More as the nonsense +75 defstat!
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Charon - there is pve and pvp...in pve everyone is OP..time when dungs were hard ended with mod1...now there is a lot of boons, artifacts etc. so u can even solo many dungs...so area where something may be unbalanced is pvp...and most high-end players are playing pvp now mainly...

Exactly, there are so many artifact, boon, gear, ect. modifiers now, that race does not hold significance other than very minor bonuses. So, it is not an issue, it is just people wanting any slim advantage wherever they can find it. It does not mean it is some game breaking advantage just because a lot of people that PvP are into optimization. Steamroller/Keltzor being the two most extreme examples that come to mind who are regarded one of or the best in PvP (for their class). I don't think they ever complained about how unfair it was to fight halflings... Also, as others have said, it depends on build + situation as to which race is going to perform better. Halfling isn't the end-all race.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Sure you know what I could roll a purposely gimped build and do fine, that doesn't mean that people don't build for the best they can. Yeah some like pvp and build for it and many don't. I stand by that all the races I didn't list have bonuses so poor they could be deleted from the game and no one would notice.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited July 2014
    Sigh. *Another* MMO where the PvP crowd think that they're the only players on the planet. Do you 'hard core' PvPers actually *look* at the world outside the arena? There are a lot of players. And I hate to shock you but.. Most of them are not halflings.

Race change token won't bring an army of halflings. Not to PvE, and not to PvP. People play what they enjoy playing. Just because some tiny percentage of the players optimize down to the last detail to PvP, doesn't mean that anything needs to be changed. There will always be some players who's only consideration when dealing with *anything* is 'what gives the most pluses!'.

Looking around at the population, I see a lot of people who *aren't* doing PvP 24/7, with halfling + whatever the FoTM class is.

Chill out.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Since the Human race is very versatile I think they should be given 5% cooldown reduction or 5% more Power, since these are useful for any class.

But well.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Human bonus are a joke. But they are not the only ones.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Human bonus are a joke. But they are not the only ones.

Yes 3 more heroic feats is totally a joke. And also 3% deflect = 1.5% DR, 1.75 if a rogue. Hardly game breaking - some people just like to complain xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1/2orc is underestimated IMHO. Crit severity is a difficult stat to replicate. 5% is more than an epic companion active slot or a boon can give you. Swift Charge (well movement in general) is highly underated maybe because it never affects GS?