test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you pay for a Race Pack?

jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What would you pay for a pack similar to the Dragonborn Pack currently on sale?
Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
Post edited by jrfbrunet on

Comments

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To play a race I would pay $5-10.

I don't want all the other junk.
  • radiant5614radiant5614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I feel like race packs are a real value at 75$
    "It can't be a beholder, we're only first level!"
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    15.00 no interest in the other stuff in the packs and that's about what other f2p games sell races alone for. This doesn't even get into the bad faith from the last pack having broken items that aren't fixed. (loamweave) So even if I wanted the pack, the fact that all of the pack hasn't been on preview for free to find the bugs since warlock was released to it, would keep me from buying the pack as I fully expect none of the new items to work properly without that kind of testing.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The poll is skewed, because a lot of us don't want the rest of the junk. I'm with Charononus. 15 bucks for an average race, 20-25 for a race I really want.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even $15 would be overpriced imo. I can get a lot more content than just a single race for that value. All of the packs and zen store items are mostly overpriced, this latest one is probably the worst.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe $10-$15 for a race if I liked it and thought it would work on my next character , considering the cost of that pack I'm dreading what they will charge for race change lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • thumbtackjakethumbtackjake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd spend $10-$15 for a race, $20 if it came with an extra character slot token.

Or course, with PWE running the show, this stuff is likely to cost double or more.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, the poll says "for a pack that only include(s) 1 slot and a new race".
    I checked $15, $30 and Depends on the race based on those criteria.

As far as the currently offered Dragonborn Legend Pack goes, it includes much more than that and so can't really be compared to what this poll is asking about.

I would certainly pay more than $30 for the Dragonborn pack as it is right now, but not as much as they are asking. I am sure that there are many players for whom the cost is well worth it. But, I have weighed carefully and find that for me, personally, it is not worth it at this time. At the $75 sale price, it comes close but not quite. I'd go $50 as is.

I'm just waiting to see if they say, "But Wait! There's more!..."
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All races should be free. Pay for the shinys/useful items if that is what you want, but not for something which is a core part of the game.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    arabatur wrote: »
    All races should be free. Pay for the shinys/useful items if that is what you want, but not for something which is a core part of the game.

I'm actually fine with pay for races as long as they aren't OP to an extreme in all areas of the game. It's the lack of a'la carte option for a race that is not being offered with a free skin, because that is what the elf versions were both drow and sun elf, the free version had slightly worse racials and a different skin. That was a great system for running with a pack only. With only one option it should be offered a'la carte for about $15.00 to be in line with other p2p games that sell races.
    edited July 2014
    arabatur wrote: »

You're mistaken. A race isn't a core part of the game. You can play the ENTIRE game with the races available. Any additional race is considered cosmetic and is YOUR decision to buy. The problem here, is they're asking way to much. Even if the race is very overpowered.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would go for up to 30$ (so about 23 € and not 28-29 due to a borked exchange rate that penalizes us in Europe). If they had split the pack in pieces and sold them separately I coul have thought about buying some of the stuff on top of the race, but not all.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For just a race and a character slot, I would probably pay 15-30$ depending on what it was. I would do more if it was something extremely unique and cool, (like full blooded dragons) but for just normal player's handbook races that they actually have above a .001% chance of adding, that's the most I'd probably do.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • awnialightawnialight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    10-15$ at max.
    This pack would need sooooo much more things in it to worth that 100 bucks. (Mount, companion, some AD.)
    I
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd spend $10-$15 for a race, $20 if it came with an extra character slot token.

This. $20 at most but I'd prefer about $15 with an included character slot.

You'd think they would follow the same "sell more for less".
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd pay around $10, but it'd have to include some other nice trinkets - like maybe unlock the race and 1 special race-related companion, (blue quality).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    You're mistaken. A race isn't a core part of the game. You can play the ENTIRE game with the races available. Any additional race is considered cosmetic and is YOUR decision to buy. The problem here, is they're asking way to much. Even if the race is very overpowered.

it is not cosmetic when items are pinned to the race...
    1cos·met·ic adjective \käz-ˈme-tik\

: used or done in order to improve a person's appearance

: done in order to make something look better

: not important or meaningful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well im gonna quote criptic/pwe we will never charge money for races or modules they said that when the drow race was coming with the HOTN pack so ill just wait this out not really interested in this race anyway they make orcs look pretty lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    well im gonna quote criptic/pwe we will never charge money for races or modules they said that when the drow race was coming with the HOTN pack so ill just wait this out not really interested in this race anyway they make orcs look pretty lol

Not trolling, but do you have the actual quote?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It really depends on the race

For the dragonborn race? Either $5 or 800-1200zen (which means it could be bought with AD)
    edited July 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »

Cryptic never said races. They said classes and content. People always assumed races was involved, but that wasn't the original quote in the old Pre-launch FAQ.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can already play as a dwarf, so i'd pay zero dollars for a new race.
  • venblitzvenblitz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    75$ for a race?...om..absurd. Even if its a race I really want, 75$ for something simple as one race. Sorry but really if they want this race to sell (seeing its not that popular) 10-15$ at most. Plus extra slots with maybe change tokens. But 75$...
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    15-30 and depending on race "really"
    To be honest I have all races I want in char creation so right now I don't need any special pack and I really don't like monsterous races (that includes DB, orcs and halflings*) so no go for me this time.

*Halflings are beasts belive me, they're short, fast and have 50% resist to CC also they first look at you with "puppy eyes" and then stab you in the back they're true monsters
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    $10-$15 for a race, an extra slot and a race-specific piece of fluff (suggest a free-transmute for a weapon or armour). That would be a reasonable level of pricing that reflects the value of a single race as I see it.

If classes go paywall - then I would vote with my feet despite the amount of money spent on this game. Hopefully that shouldn't happen. Nothing seen so far indicates that they'll go that way, but I'm now at 85-90% confidence instead of 99.99%.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    venblitz wrote: »
    75$ for a race?...om..absurd. Even if its a race I really want, 75$ for something simple as one race. Sorry but really if they want this race to sell (seeing its not that popular) 10-15$ at most. Plus extra slots with maybe change tokens. But 75$...

The $75 is for a race and a bunch of other items. IMO, the only problem with the Dragonborn Pack is that it has Bind on Equip items in it. Every unique item in these packs should be usable by every character on your account and Bind on Pickup. Would be nice if it has its own epic mount and companion to make it more attractive to buy, but with it having Bind on Equip items, then it is a major turnoff.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm just waiting to see if they say, "But Wait! There's more!..."

Same here.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would pay immediately! 20$ for race, dont need the other sfuffs.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am currently uninclined to spend any more money on this game until I feel it is going in a more stable direction.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014