test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are we ready to talk about enchantment prices yet?

vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok many of us have been here since beta and have seen the rise and fall of prices. Baring the very early days, this is the highest I have seen enchantment prices. I can not imagine being a fresh player to neverwinter and trying to gear up enchantments. I think its time to have rank 5+ to consistently drop from high level areas. The HE in black ice drop them but not at a big rate (just nerfed) and only for black ice enchantments. What do you all think? Time to talk or keep watching them go higher?
Post edited by vteasy on

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    greyloche wrote: »
    they caused the problem by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up Coals. as soon as they made it so you couldn't sell them the prices started going up.

That is true for weapon & armor enchantments, but not for the others. Nobody uses a coalescent ward to go even from R9 to R10. It has always been cheaper (on average) to use a bunch of preservation wards.

My guess is the prices are going up because more is being done to combat farming bots.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they caused the problem by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up Coals. as soon as they made it so you couldn't sell them the prices started going up.

Yeah that seems like the point everything really started to go up at.

If one were to buy zen to convert to AD to get a perfect vorpal or bile thorn, at the moment it would cost them around $240! For one enchantment!
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am a new player and I agree, this is a bit rediculous, but I'm going to truck along. I am currently using mostly rank 6 enchants, and I think, over time, I can afford a full set of rank 8s, but that's as far as I am going to go with prices as high as they are. Its going to take me months to get the rank 8s too, not to mention getting my artifact(s) to epic quality.

Let's not even talk about attempting to upgrade my weapon and armor enchants. I have lessers in both right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Add Rank 5s to T2 chest loot tables. And no, it must not replace the equipment, just a chance that you can get one along with the equipment.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ryuiwolfryuiwolf Member Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    Yeah that seems like the point everything really started to go up at.

If one were to buy zen to convert to AD to get a perfect vorpal or bile thorn, at the moment it would cost them around $240! For one enchantment!

Being a new player currently at lvl 33, these kind of comments really make me worried
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Yes, I bought Coalescent Wards from the AH for less than half the Zen equivalent in AD. Now, they cost MORE than the Zen/AD equivalent, IE more than 500k. One reason is I cannot buy those posted by my Guild Captain as the ones he gets for Trade Bars are now BoP to Account, so he cannot trade them anymore.

~
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Agreed, it's one of the points I've been trying to bring up. Though stuff like fey blessing has always been broken in cost, the old system was reasonably high cost to upgrade, a greater fey blessing cost 320k+wards, a normal fey blessing now costs 300k+wards. Generally not many people care about those types of enchantments so it's not really brought up.
    ryuiwolf wrote: »
    Being a new player currently at lvl 33, these kind of comments really make me worried

Well you don't need perfect enchants to do well in pve. Having top gear is best for pvp and of course some help in pve too just not as necessary. A lesser soulforged is great for pve, you get so much use out of it compared with any other lesser up to many greater enchantment. It doesn't need upgrading to be useful. You can also gear yourself for free after a lot of grinding to a reasonable level. Anything higher though and you won't be able to compete. Personally what puts me off the game is all of the negative changes they've recently been doing. It's up to you whether you think you'll enjoy the game or end up frustrated though.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I am a new player and I agree, this is a bit rediculous, but I'm going to truck along. I am currently using mostly rank 6 enchants, and I think, over time, I can afford a full set of rank 8s, but that's as far as I am going to go with prices as high as they are. Its going to take me months to get the rank 8s too, not to mention getting my artifact(s) to epic quality.
    I recently made 5 rank 7s in a few days at a cost of 75k AD a piece, though I benefited from already having preservation wards. This is on top of a 40 hour a week job, so it didn't entail endless grinding. Pick one of your current rank 6s, slot every enchantment that drops while running dailies and loot every chest/skill node you find while doing that. When you get enough for the upgrade, go to the Bazaar and buy two blue Marks of Potency. I don't know what the cost of Preservation wards is currently, but get a supply of those and use them to upgrade your 6 to a 7. Do that in turn for the rest of your 6s. Once that's done, start adding RPs to a 7 until it's ready. Then starting with an appropriate rank 4, upgrade it to a 7, buy a Greater Mark and upgrade the first one to an 8. It shouldn't take you months to finish it and it will be a lot cheaper.

-slot every enchant you find into what you're upgrading to save on inventory space. Don't worry about matching enchants.
    -save green Marks of Potency that you find until you have a small supply of them. I keep around 60 at any given time, though that is more than I really need.
    -use Preservation wards whenever you are using Blue or Purple marks and never with green ones.
    -if you aren't running PVE dailies, do Foundries instead to get enchants
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is nothing wrong with having everything with R5 and R6 enchantments if you only do PvE. That's how all of my characters are equipped and I have no troubles with combat with any of my different character classes. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with having everything with R5 and R6 enchantments if you only do PvE. That's how all of my characters are equipped and I have no troubles with combat with any of my different character classes. :)

Yup I did the original content with r6s. It can be done.

However that doesn't change the fact that prices are going higher and fast. Progression is an important part of MMOs for me and honestly where is someone gonna get the 15 million needed for a perfect vorp now? Back in the day we farmed CN and prices were lower for enchants.

I do like the idea of taking the bots out, lets now move forward with higher ranked drops.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Yup I did the original content with r6s. It can be done.

However that doesn't change the fact that prices are going higher and fast. Progression is an important part of MMOs for me and honestly where is someone gonna get the 15 million needed for a perfect vorp now? Back in the day we farmed CN and prices were lower for enchants.

I do like the idea of taking the bots out, lets now move forward with higher ranked drops.

While i do agree, that it would make sense for the new areas to reguarly drop level 5 enchantments instead of the rank 4 we see now, I always gets a bit puzzled when i see these topics... I mean why on earth should new player be able to catch up with veteran players who have been playing for more than a year, without SERIOUS grinding or paying to get to BIS?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    While i do agree, that it would make sense for the new areas to reguarly drop level 5 enchantments instead of the rank 4 we see now, I always gets a bit puzzled when i see these topics... I mean why on earth should new player be able to catch up with veteran players who have been playing for more than a year, without SERIOUS grinding or paying to get to BIS?

It's not about catching up at a faster rate, it's about being able to progressing at a fair rate. Old players had the ability to sell cn items for 1m, New players have to pay more, especially when those geared up on the first introduction of the new system, and they have less ad generation than we did. They have to pay 500k for a lesser so entry requirements are much cheaper, we managed to get them for free relatively easily or 100k if we paid.

Now obviously CN is old so isn't worth as much, however no new content came even close to being as rewarding as CN.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They would have to make some restrictions on where and how you get these enchantments. R5 Black Ice enchantments drop only in Icewind Dale, a place where bots don't go (as far as I know). They could add an additional boon when you complete Sharandar or Dread Ring. The boon would upgrade the rank of the enchantments you get from drops by one. That would be fair, I guess.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zshikara wrote: »

Let's not even talk about attempting to upgrade my weapon and armor enchants. I have lessers in both right now.

When you say you could afford I hope you are referring to actually running dungeons and getting AD that would allow you to buy blue marks of potency from the wonderous bizzarre for 25k AD and purple marks of potency from the same vendor for 100k AD each instead of spending real money to convert zen to AD or worse buying them for inflated prices off the AH?

For PVE R6's can get you buy quite nicely, if you run dailies and dungeons you should get a fair amount of enchants that should get your to 7s' easy enough (does take a bit of time though). R8's are a bit trickier to come by as the average dropping of R4's to put into a R7 takes a long time to fill up, if you have just one character that goes a bit faster though.

I often view R7-10 enchantments as your actual leveling up post 60 since making those takes about the amount of time it probably should take to increase your capability. Too much speed leveling in this game. If you spent more time in the lower levels you would have higher quality players (in theory) because they would have more time to learn how to play their class and learn a workable play style and you would have more opportunity to earn a lot of AD from some the earilier skirmishes and dungeons to save for later in the game.

Instead we now have PWE giving a pay to level option, reach level 60 in 2 minutes or less I guess. For elder players this is a great option if you have 5 level 60;s and don't want to really level another one, but is terrible for new players to level to 60 skip all the content (which is also sending the message that the earlier content is pointless, not a good message to send in my book) and have no idea of how to play a character let alone how to work with a group.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I was pretty happy when I got a bunch of R5's, then I got 6's and thought I was cool, now i'm working towards 8's and 9's and post R60 artifacts lol.

Some of the earlier content is pretty easy once you hit R7s and full gear sets, I remember what a hassle sharrandar was when I first got there, now I walk through it like a hot knife through butter. IWD is another story, it only gets easier once you get the full armor set (weapon set even easier) but its still a bit difficult on some classes such as DC.

Hopefully since they say they got rid of a bunch of bots that means they will look at adding more R5 drops in the game in MOD4 because currently its a real pain to get anything higher than R7 with the current state of drop rates for R4.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    find a foundry with a portal spawning Imps + feyblessing. Leave a rock on your mouse enjoy stacks of rank 4.
    Reported months ago but nothing. Probably it's wai then
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    Consider pairing back to fewer characters/toons, and consolidating your enchant heap. Honestly, you can only play one character at a time anyway, so why have 6? It is not really addressing the issue, I know, but it is something of a work around for the time being.
    Honestly, I think we all know that prices are only going to go higher from here on unless something is changed.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Really?

How many times have you completed ALL of the Epic Dungeon Delves?

How many times have you completed Castle Never, Malabog's Castle and Velindra's Tower?

~
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It is because they closed down an exploit where folks were able to use the old refining system that allowed crafting of up to rank 7's at a much reduced cost than the new system.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited July 2014
    I would say the bot problem is still in full swing. At least, bots are being posted, commented upon, etc. on other sites.

Not sure why the bot situation can't be squished.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Really?

How many times have you completed ALL of the Epic Dungeon Delves?

How many times have you completed Castle Never, Malabog's Castle and Velindra's Tower?

~

Meh I used to do CN in rank 4s. granted it was a lot easier then, but we also have artifacts now.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's a seller's market, for sure. Cryptic cleaned out most of the botters and the old refinement system. Here's the end result.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's a seller's market, for sure. Cryptic cleaned out most of the botters and the old refinement system. Here's the end result.

Thats for sure. Now that things are cleaned out it might be a good time to introduce some stimulus into the economy :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Talk about people being able to buy stuff from the zen store and then reselling it on AH witch is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing EVER, if you already have the zen exchange that should be the only way to get items from the zen store apart from buying zen.
    Cryptic sometimes makes things that make no sense, this is one of them and should be fixed, it would fix the zen exchange immediately.

The other part of course is some rich players controlling the market and trying to make huge sums of money with little effort, they know enchantments are on high demand so they can sell them for any price they want. that's a way to make a huge amount of ad, and can be stacked by the above zen market item to Auction house "trick" for HUGE and unfair profits, making the rest of the players, specially the new ones and casuals to just give up when they see they cant even try to get the stuff they want.

also, for gods sake, make enchantment count towards GS and make at least 3 tiers of lvl 60 pvp... that's just an obvious and dire need not being addressed.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    Talk about people being able to buy stuff from the zen store and then reselling it on AH witch is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing EVER, if you already have the zen exchange that should be the only way to get items from the zen store apart from buying zen.
    Cryptic sometimes makes things that make no sense, this is one of them and should be fixed, it would fix the zen exchange immediately.

The other part of course is some rich players controlling the market and trying to make huge sums of money with little effort, they know enchantments are on high demand so they can sell them for any price they want. that's a way to make a huge amount of ad, and can be stacked by the above zen market item to Auction house "trick" for HUGE and unfair profits, making the rest of the players, specially the new ones and casuals to just give up when they see they cant even try to get the stuff they want.

also, for gods sake, make enchantment count towards GS and make at least 3 tiers of lvl 60 pvp... that's just an obvious and dire need not being addressed.

1. Capitalism at it's finest. I looooove it! Intelligent people creating wealth by thinking and acting cleverly.

2. Enchantments do count toward your gear score.

3. If you think prices are nasty now. Wait until Module 4. On the preview shard they now have items (belts, main hands), that you need to refine just like an Artifact.

Seller's market, ftw.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Capitalism at it's finest. I looooove it! Intelligent people creating wealth by thinking and acting cleverly.

3. If you think prices are nasty now. Wait until Module 4. On the preview shard they now have items (belts, main hands), that you need to refine just like an Artifact.

Seller's market, ftw.

Got a screenshot? I am feeling lazy :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Seller's market, ftw.

Making AD isn't really about being clever, just opportunistic. Anyway the 2nd part I believe he meant weapon/armour enchantments. For the 3rd point are you talking about the armour reinforcement kits? Theyre supposedly just for the Head, Arm, Body or Feet slot slots and isn't the same as refining. Unless I missed something else. Of course brices are bound to rise anyway, it's a new module with a new race. It's gonna sting...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I just checked out the new Artifact weapons and belts , Jesus , module 4 RP is going to be sooo expensive unless they are planning on making rank 5's drop more often lol or unless you can play 8 hours solid every day with Fey blessings on everything xD
    frishter wrote: »
    For the 3rd point are you talking about the armour reinforcement kits? Theyre supposedly just for the Head, Arm, Body or Feet slot slots and isn't the same as refining. Unless I missed something else.

You need to check out the latest client , there are new Artifact weapons and belts that you need to upgrade xD Here is an example of a CW Artifact weapon at legendary XD

keyEwBY.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just checked out the new Artifact weapons and belts , Jesus , module 4 RP is going to be sooo expensive unless they are planning on making rank 5's drop more often lol or unless you can play 8 hours solid every day with Fey blessings on everything xD

You need to check out the latest client , there are new Artifact weapons and belts that you need to upgrade xD Here is an example of a CW Artifact weapon at legendary XD

keyEwBY.jpg

Thanks I just checked it out. I wonder how much rp it costs to level it to max. The belts do have a utility slot which doesn't seem to be that awesome but maybe the refining makes up for it. Wish they showed the max rank of artifacts such as the dragonborn one and warlock one.