test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we have a little fix on glory rewards?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I am seriously tired of getting thse kinds of rewards!
You get to be the one making caps all the time, shutting down the annoying ones while susviving to ALOT and in the end... I get almost nothing if I lose!
The difference betwin rewards from loss to victory is insane! If your team is a complete pug and can handle the enemy team, you will pay for that too! Including in your ranking!

If I win while Top 1 I get from 500 to 750 + bonus
If I lose, I get from 50 to 200 + bonus...

Can we at least make it so if you have a very good score, if you take alot of caps and get a considerable amount of kills/assists(for clerics and cw's) and you stay at the top place that we have at LEAST 400 Glory?

Considering the amount of things I still have to buy before using my pvp Set (I am not alone on this) I know this is a problem!

ru5ilc.png
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well the bottom guys on your team probably got 72 glory.. so you more then doubled them =P..

Its like my DC, my max is pretty much 500 glory, and I might be on the 1/3 bottom of the list with 6 kills 12 deaths and pretty much carried the middle. Did I play less then the person roaming and capping?

I dont think they are changing the system and once you get your profound set and or weapons, a artifact (which you may want more, depending on your others) and maybe the pet. You will just cap your glory at some point, I think my DC , GWF and CW all have 50k glory and I havent spent it on anything in awhile.

NOW WHAT I wish we could do is change the glory over to a new toon and make the items BIND on ACCOUNT, then I could just gear out my fresh 60 with full profound sets and not do the stupid grind over again.

Thats what I would hope for , if we get any adjustment.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Well the bottom guys on your team probably got 72 glory.. so you more then doubled them =P..

Its like my DC, my max is pretty much 500 glory, and I might be on the 1/3 bottom of the list with 6 kills 12 deaths and pretty much carried the middle. Did I play less then the person roaming and capping?

I dont think they are changing the system and once you get your profound set and or weapons, a artifact (which you may want more, depending on your others) and maybe the pet. You will just cap your glory at some point, I think my DC , GWF and CW all have 50k glory and I havent spent it on anything in awhile.

NOW WHAT I wish we could do is change the glory over to a new toon and make the items BIND on ACCOUNT, then I could just gear out my fresh 60 with full profound sets and not do the stupid grind over again.

Thats what I would hope for , if we get any adjustment.
    That would be way too unfair for starters, they would just get wrecked because elo would place them with the recently geared profound players vs the still PVE set

But, you dont see my point, those guys weren't doing anything and i'm sure DC's have some kind of healing bonus, those guys were capping stuff when I pretty much was there helping of they would just get wrecked by the enemy team! Yet its my fault to lose apparently...
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since, winning is where the bulk of the glory rewards comes from, it's usually tough luck when you are pugging. Thing is, it doesn't take too long to get enough glory even by pugging. And PVP is a team effort, as I said it's tough luck, and you just forgo the bulk of glory from winning.

Looking at the score, I'll say your team is actually better than the average pugs who go out of their way to avoid the enemy to run to nodes already almost captured for personal points. The other team looks like they are doing most of the on node killings and holding the nodes, which is commonly a big factor in winning pug matches.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They need to rework the rewards I think.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    That would be way too unfair for starters, they would just get wrecked because elo would place them with the recently geared profound players vs the still PVE set

But, you dont see my point, those guys weren't doing anything and i'm sure DC's have some kind of healing bonus, those guys were capping stuff when I pretty much was there helping of they would just get wrecked by the enemy team! Yet its my fault to lose apparently...

Does ELO restart at 60? If not then it doesnt matter. If so, still doesnt matter, there are people who can afford all the rarest blue off slots and stack 900 hit point rings, or the 250 regen ones ect , buy ancient set of weapons, slot perfect vorpals and be more advantaged then the rest of us as well.

This is no difference then those who buy all xvim/mull sets and slot perfects at lower levels either. This happens all the time, This is a convenience for the playerbase so they dont have to regrind gear, if they already put the time into the matches to start with.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    They need to rework the rewards I think.

I agree, I guess you can look at the daily glory you get as additional rewards which is probably them telling you that you should only PVP 4 times a day max (odds are 1 in that 4 will actually be a win, in my case sometimes not). With how long matches take, I do maybe 1 pvp a day unless its a win then I shoot for two and hope I do well enough to get the double win so that I can only do 2 matches to get the daily and naturally have my win. If you go that route I think you do ok as far as glory goes, 4 matches will get you something like 1500 glory maybe more depending on your performance.

PVP is not the main aspect of the game so that maybe a clue they want you to do just enough to keep the queues flowing but not rack up 10,000+ glory if you do nothing but pvp all day long. I kinda figured the glory would get nerfed when I was able to buy a blood raven artifact every couple days of solid pvp (pre tenacity).

I think there needs to be a happy medium of reward people for their time, yes cryptic believe it or not the time WE spend playing this game matters and if you want OUR time then you need to give us a reason to play and right now hour long matches with 200 glory isn't cutting it. Which is why I hardly ever pvp, usually when the weekly pvp from Lord Neverember is up is about the only time I do it, kind of like teh daily dungeon I only do when I have the weekly if at that.
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No, DCs have no healing bonus. I'm always at the bottom of the scoreboard since I pug a lot and I'm always contesting points 1 v many and can't cap them. The DPS go off cap points and kill people and they score higher. Healing is not counted in any way toward scoreboard scores or glory gain.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    biibiisai wrote: »
    No, DCs have no healing bonus. I'm always at the bottom of the scoreboard since I pug a lot and I'm always contesting points 1 v many and can't cap them. The DPS go off cap points and kill people and they score higher. Healing is not counted in any way toward scoreboard scores or glory gain.

On score board I know they don't but on the glory rewards I think they do, I have had 500 glory on my DC while not even at top place.
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On score board I know they don't but on the glory rewards I think they do, I have had 500 glory on my DC while not even at top place.

You get 500 because the match lasts longer than 15 minutes and you won. I've just got 500 glory on my TR for being in the 7th place in a winning match that ran for about 25 minutes.