test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mod4 is the chance to fix sharandar

gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
and what do i mean? i will repeat it just in case its forgoten
we be given a way to complete it with relics or something like dread ring
that campaign is a pain (!) and since we will all make new chars now and even see new campaigns as time goes by
we must have a way to do it (at least the boons) faster and easier
like dread ring idea
so please add something in mod4 for sharandar
it will make it also easier for newcomers to finish old campaigns faster
how about it?
even to buy it with astral or with the prayer or with zen maybe but more complete (to give all the needed up to the last boon)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With Mod 3 they reduced the rewards from the 6 day invoke campaign box. So you are actually asking for a reversal of design decisions as well as an additional mechanism on top. Seems a lot to ask, much as I'd like to see something done.

TBH I have a toon stuck in spark grind hell in Shar atm and would love to have a sensible way to fast track the process, but I don't think it should be bypassed altogether - just skip the boons if you don't want to do Sharandar.

However, I would love to see a redesign of the pacing and structure of the Shar campaign as I do feel it is very poorly constructed in terms of time invested / rewards and the pace of progression is just plain bizarre.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I do hope they do something about Sharandar.

That was a very painful painful way of grinding for boons. I liked dread ring's approach far better
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    With Mod 3 they reduced the rewards from the 6 day invoke campaign box. So you are actually asking for a reversal of design decisions as well as an additional mechanism on top. Seems a lot to ask, much as I'd like to see something done.

TBH I have a toon stuck in spark grind hell in Shar atm and would love to have a sensible way to fast track the process, but I don't think it should be bypassed altogether - just skip the boons if you don't want to do Sharandar.

However, I would love to see a redesign of the pacing and structure of the Shar campaign as I do feel it is very poorly constructed in terms of time invested / rewards and the pace of progression is just plain bizarre.
    yeah well to bad those boxes are not account bound but character bound so still pretty useless for a 6 day reward for 30 sparks if only they made them account bound so your other characters could help your fresh new 60 out just my 2 cents
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I kind-of disagree with the OP ... I like Sharandar just fine, but have a major issue with Dread Ring. My problem is that after you unlock everything and get all the boons, there are still good reasons to visit Sharandar - first, to do the daily/weekly quests to get sparks to get Lesser Fey Blessing enchants (to sell, use or level up artifacts), and the fey healing and heroism potions are pretty nice too.

In Dread Ring there is nothing comparable (except the daily lairs) - in fact, it feels like there is a bug there, because you can trade in Sharandar currency for potions, but not the Dread Ring currency.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    I kind-of disagree with the OP ... I like Sharandar just fine, but have a major issue with Dread Ring. My problem is that after you unlock everything and get all the boons, there are still good reasons to visit Sharandar - first, to do the daily/weekly quests to get sparks to get Lesser Fey Blessing enchants (to sell, use or level up artifacts), and the fey healing and heroism potions are pretty nice too.

In Dread Ring there is nothing comparable (except the daily lairs) - in fact, it feels like there is a bug there, because you can trade in Sharandar currency for potions, but not the Dread Ring currency.

yeah but this isnt about going back to those campaigns it's about the slow slow lsow progression of getting through them and the time gate can be a big turn off for new players and old that have more that 1 character doing sharandar on 6 different toons is god aweful
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

Granted potions are Sharandar only, but DR is fine for getting refine points as well, for a weeks grind, I would typically get 14-18 peridots, 10 r4s , maybe a aquamarine and 1-3 purples, if its in the same type of artifact you get 3k from that .

This IS all from doing a 5 min run basically, no other quests. So I can get a equivalent of 1 lesser fey , without spending 20k of AD. Some of us just dont have a billion AD to throw away for refine points. If you DO both its even better.

I think the complaint is the day equivalent is much harder in Sharandar then DR, there is a 18 day gap between boon 2 and 3 and you are typically doing another couple of weeks in Sharandar after your done with DR. For those of us who have multiple toons, it does get really boring, extremely boring to run these quests every day.

Lower the requirement for sparks and daily quest objectives and match it the same time frame of DR, this will fix it.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I only ever did Sharandar with 1 toon. Out of complete boredom I am working through Sharandar on my GWF now. It is so unbelievably painful... I had totally blocked out how painful that mod was. The last two boon are crazy long due to the sparks.

I had all the dailies done for the last two boons well before I started saving the sparks. So with all the other daily parts done I was looking at 4 weeks to get the sparks (without using the 6 day box).

Personally I feel what would help greatly would be to up the 6 day box to 60 sparks (double what it is now) and that would shorten the grind. I cannot justify 6 days for 30 sparks so do not buy it for that reason.