test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CWs getting nerfed? I think not

(I know things might change before the official launch of mod 4, but I'm just judging from what I've seen in preview server)

Assailing Force (CW's capstone feat):

Just watch this, you'll be speechless like I am. CWs with this feat can EVISCERATE anyone within 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyKDgiZsXEc&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ

The damage is bugged in the video, but it'll still do ~6400 (800% weapon damage w/ 800 dmg weapon) about every 5 sec, worst of all, it CAN'T be mitigated.
Post edited by chihuab on

Comments

• oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep, is very stupid, my protector GF went from full HP to 20% in 3-4 seconds and I couldn't do anything, the CW let me live but he could kill me in 4 seconds anytime he want... When I see preview I don't know how the atempt of balance can be so bad...

Also, they come with these powers that can't be mitigated (Like pierce damage for HR, now CW and we alredy had TR), being useless to have a good Defense, Deflect and Tenacity...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And this is why the Feat is being nerfed to be half as effective against other players.Also this is not going to be very useful in pve , maybe it will against single bosses but against groups of mobs not so much.

Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat is now half as effective on players.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8466411&viewfull=1#post8466411
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    nice
    on top of that huge shield buff.
    40k hp cws just needed that extra survival so they can sit back and chill in the throne while everything dies.
    no need for dodge anyway.

and in pve i dont see them losing their spot in the groups.
    they can still put out more cc (and dmg) then any class

but thats all fine i have a cw which is going to have a respec
    so plz no nerf
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nice
    on top of that huge shield buff.
    40k hp cws just needed that extra survival so they can sit back and chill in the throne while everything dies.

so plz no nerf

It's about time. CWs have been on the short end of the PVP stick for a long, long time. Now they can actually survive.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They got some survivability in pvp, a neat trick for a capstone on one path for pvp, and gutted for pve. They'll be at DC levels of wanted now in pve, where they're nice to have but no longer needed in most dungeons. Exceptions of course to that will exist like CN.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the feat has been reduced to half the damage now. So the video doesn't really apply now.
    I hope things will look more balanced when Mod 4 hits live.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chihuab wrote: »

It's Thaums capstone feat. Only 1/3 of CWs have it. It won't do most CWs any good.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    And this is why the Feat is being nerfed to be half as effective against other players.Also this is not going to be very useful in pve , maybe it will against single bosses but against groups of mobs not so much.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8466411&viewfull=1#post8466411

Other things wrong with that video: no one is dumb enough to stand in the middle of Icy Terrain and take all of the damage from the spell. Also other effects were contributing to damage: Creeping Frost, Warped Magic, and Storm Spell twice. Those all have a low proc rate but all managed to hit. Also the lightning bolts next to the damage numbers tells you that the Icy Terrain ticks and the Storm Spell hits were all criticals.

Basically, the video has a perfect storm of atypical conditions. It would be akin to showing a video of a GWF killing an opponent by doing takedown, Flourish, and IBS on a stationary target while getting critical hits on all three and saying "GWF's getting nerfed? I think not"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nope CW isn't getting nerfed one bit. They will still be kings in pve and are the new kings in PvP. The only thing that is changing is that now instead of bringin a DC and a GWF it'll be a GF and an SW to go with the 3 CW. They need their damage brought down more.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
    edited July 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    Nope CW isn't getting nerfed one bit. They will still be kings in pve and are the new kings in PvP. The only thing that is changing is that now instead of bringin a DC and a GWF it'll be a GF and an SW to go with the 3 CW. They need their damage brought down more.

How much more? Hypothetically, let's put you in charge.

My CW on live is able to do X DPS to four training dummies. How much should that X be reduced? 20%? 40%? 50%? 90%? What is your ideal damage rate for a CW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The fact that people are now complaining about CW's in PvP shows me that they've pretty much dialed in the changes.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    How much more? Hypothetically, let's put you in charge.

My CW on live is able to do X DPS to four training dummies. How much should that X be reduced? 20%? 40%? 50%? 90%? What is your ideal damage rate for a CW?

Well I've ran multiple cn runs on preview with 3 guildies as cw and each and every time they still out damaged a gwf an hr handily. This was before the nerf to hr archery and before they eased up on the cw damage nerf. They have godly control ability now and this damage nerf has been scaled back so that it is practically non existant.
    Honestly they could lose another 25-30% damage and be brought back down to the realm of sanity because as they are now it is insane. The one class with the biggest balance problem and they've essentially been empowered.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    The fact that people are now complaining about CW's in PvP shows me that they've pretty much dialed in the changes.

These rebalancing discussions are starting to remind me of the old statement about compromise, it's worked out well when everyone is unhappy.
    edited July 2014
    Well I've ran multiple cn runs on preview with 3 guildies as cw and each and every time they still out damaged a gwf an hr handily. This was before the nerf to hr archery and before they eased up on the cw damage nerf. They have godly control ability now and this damage nerf has been scaled back so that it is practically non existant.
    Honestly they could lose another 25-30% damage and be brought back down to the realm of sanity because as they are now it is insane. The one class with the biggest balance problem and they've essentially been empowered.

Are you familiar with the nerfs? Because they haven't "scaled back" anything. Here's the list:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?708161-Updated-list-of-Changes-for-Control-Wizard-s-in-Module-4

There's no way to read that list with a come away with "No nerfs here!"

I'd also like to know when these CN runs you did were. Because some major damage reductions to CW's happened on 7/11 here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?706641-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140709a-2
    Evocation: No longer improperly increases damage of AoE powers twice. Now correctly grants the stated bonus.
    Chilling Presence: No longer improperly increases the damage of powers twice. Now correctly grants the stated bonus.
    Wizard's Wrath: No longer improperly increases the damage of powers four times. Now correctly grants the stated bonus.

Those feats were bugged and were increasing damage output by 30-50%. Now that they've been fixed it is very different on the preview server. So if you're asking for an additional 25-30% from runs you did before 7/11/14 then it's already been done.

Also, you still didn't quite address the initial question of how fast should CW's be able to pump out damage compared to the live server? What do you think is fair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    (I know things might change before the official launch of mod 4, but I'm just judging from what I've seen in preview server)

Just watch this, you'll be speechless like I am. CWs with this feat can EVISCERATE anyone within 30 seconds.

The damage is bugged in the video, but it'll still do ~6400 (800% weapon damage w/ 800 dmg weapon) about every 5 sec, worst of all, it CAN'T be mitigated.

Before the whining is starting a quick read for this:

"Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat is now half as effective on players."
    edited July 2014
    and in pve i dont see them losing their spot in the groups.
    they can still put out more cc (and dmg) then any class

Really?

Lower geared HRs are outdpsing me 2-3 million, healer (not dps)SWs are outdpsing me 6 million on preview CN but sure...
    edited July 2014

After 30-40% how much order can I take plz?
  • mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    After 30-40% how much order can I take plz?

lets see tr got 70% dmg nerf and still are viable
    so cw need 90% at least
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Your video is out of date. We have had further reductions after this video was created.
    Only 1/3 of CW's are Thaumurgist. The rest are Oppressor and Renegade, and you will LOL when you see their damage in CN.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    so cw need 90% at least

Are you saying that currently the other classes provide 10% of the CW's DPS?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guys its all about the shield. Have you seen this thing in action?
    edited July 2014
    so cw need 90% at least

I see. So you think a top-of-the-line, best possible build CW should be able to do ~4k dps to four test dummies in the Dread Ring when my 11k TR with mismatched gear, rank 5 enchantments and no weapon enchantment can do 6k DPS in the same circumstances?

Do you have some kind of reasoning or rationale behind this? Or is it just emotional class envy that should be ignored?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    90% damage nerf is completely out of whack. I know CWs on live need some damage nerf although I haven't seen how is their dps now in preview, but that's crazy.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I see. So you think a top-of-the-line, best possible build CW should be able to do ~4k dps to four test dummies in the Dread Ring when my 11k TR with mismatched gear, rank 5 enchantments and no weapon enchantment can do 6k DPS in the same circumstances?

Do you have some kind of reasoning or rationale behind this? Or is it just emotional class envy that should be ignored?

You are saying your TR can do 50% more damage to four targets than a CW? *cough* BS *cough*
    edited July 2014
    dakbur wrote: »
    You are saying your TR can do 50% more damage to four targets than a CW? *cough* BS *cough*

You need to follow the conversation.

A TR is suggesting that CW's should have their damage nerfed 90% in Mod 4. The best I've been able to do on live on 4 test dummies with my CW is about 40k DPS. So 90% nerf would put me at 4k DPS. My craptacular prayer-bot TR does 50% more damage than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    There was some TR nerf in the old days indeed. Before that Tr was a killing machine in pvp.
    edited July 2014
    Viable? Zone chat is probably full of "LF TR for T2".