test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking for advice for high end pvp

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Temple
Can i know which skill rotation, feats, items and strategy you pvp clerics use? Me nub.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• caldrecaldre Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    AS, HW, E

Dailes: DA, HG
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure what you mean by high end PvP. If you mean premades then afaik anything goes depending on allied/enemy team composition and what your team expects you to do. Some DCs I know even tailor their powers towards supporting/countering specific players.

Figuring out power loadouts for PUGs is easier, since most of the time you are either expected to heal/support and help defend/contest the middle point or assist in attacking the enemy point. A DC should avoid contesting the home point unless absolutely necessary - we grow stronger the more allies we have around us but it's generally bad strategy for there to be more than 2 allied guys at your home point.

When contesting mid any defensive power works. Forgemaster's, Sunburst (divine for KB), Exaltation, Healing Word, AS, even Chains (immobilize prevents further dodging and allows GFs/GWFs to chain-prone ppl to death).
    When rushing the enemy point or soloing (or if your teammates completely ignore you) it's usually better to slot offense powers, like Break the Spirit (target attack debuff/stun), Sunburst (divine for KB), Healing Word (running away/kiting), FF (slow and heal). Do not use Chains unless you expect to fight groups of people.
    If you're tough enough to contest/defend points on your own feel free to slot defensive powers like Exaltation.
    Some specific powers also have specific uses in PvP. It helps if you know what all your powers do.

Here's a freebie for contesting mid: as soon as you are inside the Domination area activate the DC artifact and drop Hallowed Ground as soon as you reach mid. If your allies are anywhere near decent the combination of HG + your defensive powers should at least give you a significant edge in winning the middle point. For a lot of PUGs this can easily mean the game.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Seems like i already master these stuffs you said @tyrtallow.... These are common knowledge for me and i just curious how come some players can be extremely tanky till my guildies feel annoyed when trying to kill them, eg. @velynna.

Profound, MH, BI, which is the best set with an effective loadout? HW, Ex, AS, is there any cleric not using these 3 at this meta?? 20 Con then go Wis or Dex or Str??

I specifically analysis every cleric i encountered and their gear/enchant/artifact/gs allocation/hp etc, but the more i see the more i confuse as every cleric have their own build, even high offensive build can dominate the match against pvp guilds half premade. I just want to ask and learn to be more competitive... I dislike the fact i am the weakness of the team, everyone start to focus me because i am the easiest to kill, then we start to lose point a little by a little and lose the match after 45 minutes.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What kind of tanky? I know some DCs atm are getting just enough Tenacity to hit diminishing returns (the value is actually pretty low - see Kaelac's guide) and then stacking +healing (artifacts) and HP. Apparently +incoming healing affects all kinds of healing including regen. Combined with Exaltation, other mitigation buffs and defensive stats (gear, companions) even a non-Halfling DC can be pretty difficult to kill.
    If the DC is just running in/out of combat that DC could just be using a defensive artifact (Gond, GF), running away when the duration ends.
    Finally, are you sure teamplay/skills from other classes is not involved?

As for offensive builds, afaik you basically just have to dodge/hide well heh.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2014
    Things have not changed for me. For pug domination still run old school tank build DO. SB, HW, AS. Hallowed or Divine for defensive daily and hammer for your offensive daily. Foresight and divine fortune slotted. grim/profound gear with a few pvp jewelry so that your tenacity is 1000. With mix of artifacts and silvery/radiant easy to get over 15k gear score. Also can easily have 3k def, 3k deflect, 3k+ power, 3k+ recovery with over 1k regen. That is also without black ice. Tank DC in a premade is gone and unless u have 18k gear score and STR build there is no reason for a decent premade to use a DC. People say buff/debuff but they are not really doing premades. GWF, hunters, TR if geared and spec right have no use for anything DC provides.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    That will ofc change when mod 4 come..
  • demortenesdemortenes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Message me in game or friend me Demo@demortenes I will be happy to answer any questions or give advice as far as cleric mechanics/theorycraft.