test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SweetFx

wylandriahwylandriah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello there

I would like to know if using a SweetFX was allowed in the game?

the sweetFX is a file who change the visual aspect of the game for a better contrast,colors and lighting
This does not affect gameplay, just affects the graphics of the game

regards,
Post edited by wylandriah on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There was a forum thread about it so I assume it is.
  • wylandriahwylandriah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    oh i don"t have see the forum thread

did you have a link ?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Last I heard SweetFx was not working on Neverwinter , it just freezes but that was towards the end of last year , not heard anything since .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    sweetfx is Allowed for use in the game, I personally use it, and it is amazing, It effects the game in no way at all to other players, it is only for personal use.
  • wylandriahwylandriah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes SweetFx work correcty
    its very amazing

Thanks all for your awnser
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like just an advert for this SweetFX thing.

@OP: If it runs on your local computer and doesn't affect anyone else then *DUH* Obviously you can do whatever you want with it. The fact that you're actually asking "may I please" on the forums makes your post look and feel like nothing more than an advert for some crapware to put on my PC (I'm not saying SweetFX is crapware, I'm speaking generally).

Either way: May you please put this add-on software that changes your own personal gaming experience but no one else's? Absolutely! You have my personal unconditional permission to do so.

But don't contact tech support if anything breaks.

Good luck with that.

:)
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like just an advert for this SweetFX thing.

@OP: If it runs on your local computer and doesn't affect anyone else then *DUH* Obviously you can do whatever you want with it. The fact that you're actually asking "may I please" on the forums makes your post look and feel like nothing more than an advert for some crapware to put on my PC (I'm not saying SweetFX is crapware, I'm speaking generally).

Either way: May you please put this add-on software that changes your own personal gaming experience but no one else's? Absolutely! You have my personal unconditional permission to do so.

Good luck with that.

:)

On the contrary the OP is correct to ask since some MMOs have permanently banned people for making even such cosmetic alterations to a game. Admittedly most MMOs or online game don't care so long as any alterations don't give you an in-game advantage but it is far better safe than sorry.

Worst that can happen is that he receives a definite 'NO' from a Dev so he knows where he stands.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Good luck with that.

Or contact them and don't get any support...then again...:rolleyes:
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Does it actually alter anything in the game? I did a quick search, but it appears to be just a middleman video renderer between the game's dataflow and what you see on screen. If, I"m wrong, please forgive this newb. First time I hear of this program.

I believe that SweetFX just affects the contrast of the graphics. BUT a lot of 'hacks' that could give PvP or PvE advantage can also use a similar setup.

For example consider a game where enemies in PvP are rendered normally in dull colours against a similar background or even can be 'cloaked' and semi-transparent. Then a pure 'graphics' mod which highlights all enemy played in bright red would give range classes a large advantage.

I can''t see this (or anything similar) being an issue in Neverwinter but you never know for certain until a Dev responds how Cryptic sees things.....
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I believe that SweetFX just affects the contrast of the graphics. BUT a lot of 'hacks' that could give PvP or PvE advantage can also use a similar setup.

For example consider a game where enemies in PvP are rendered normally in dull colours against a similar background or even can be 'cloaked' and semi-transparent. Then a pure 'graphics' mod which highlights all enemy played in bright red would give range classes a large advantage.

I can''t see this (or anything similar) being an issue in Neverwinter but you never know for certain until a Dev responds how Cryptic sees things.....

This is a fair assessment. But as a rule of thumb - anything you do to your copy of any app/program that only affects your personal experience and not other players is your own business and 'permission' from the publisher is not only unnecessary, but who the hell are they to demand what you can or cannot do on your own equipment.

This was my point in general. The main caveat: that it does not affect other players in the cloud. :)
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anyone have any tips. I have a GTX 780 w/ 6gb. Sweetfx crashes my gameclient when it launches. Just wondering you need to turn anything off before running it. The sample pics make it look like it does wonders to neverwinter. Would love to see it.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone got a goold 'cleanup' configuration set for sweetfx and NW, or should I just start tweaking?