test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We Need Option to Change the Hotkey for Mounts!!

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
Does anyone else get annoyed with having to remember that your mount hotkey is different between your older and newer toons?

All of my toons that were created before artifacts were introduced to the game have "6" as the mount hotkey, but the newer toons all have "7" as the hotkey. I find myself accidentally hitting the wrong key when I switch between toons sometimes.

I can easily adjust, but I have played other games where you can change your hotkeys. If this game does have that option, then pardon me for being a newb, because I can't find how to change this. :)
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Does anyone else get annoyed with having to remember that your mount hotkey is different between your older and newer toons?

All of my toons that were created before artifacts were introduced to the game have "6" as the mount hotkey, but the newer toons all have "7" as the hotkey. I find myself accidentally hitting the wrong key when I switch between toons sometimes.

I can easily adjust, but I have played other games where you can change your hotkeys. If this game does have that option, then pardon me for being a newb, because I can't find how to change this. :)

You can change it from Options->keybinds
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You can change it from Options->keybinds

Hmmm. I will have to check into that when I get home from work. I remember looking all over the options but not being able to find any way to change it in the past. . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've changed it on all my toons so yup it's there.
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I changed mine to F1 on all characters. I didn't like trying to find 6 or 7.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PRO TIP @OP:

If you change one key bind through options panel, change ALL OF THEM (even if it's the same key bind). For some reason changing only one your tray key binds for the very first time will (every time for me, anyway) unbind all the others even though it does't show it. So best practice is to change or rebind all your quick-tray key binds, even if you are just rebinding to the same key, etc.

So, just to be safe, change binds for:

Just trying to save you some frustration later. :)
  • Options
    fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    There is already an option to change the Hotkey for your Mount Button.....Its under Keybinds.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm an idiot sometimes. I saw the key binds but never took the time to figure out how to change them. That box that keeps poping up when you click on the key confused me. :)