test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some suggestions on fixing TR's on Module 4 [Devs pls]

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello, i'm a Trickster Rogue player since day 1 of release in this game and as we all know, Devs are having alot of problems on helping TR's having a bit more DPS/Utility without being OP for PVP.

So here are my suggestions that I've been thinking for a while now:

First of all, if we want to fix this, we have to disable Perma-stealth so:
Bait and Switch: Now has a 1 sec Dodge after deploy. When used in stealth, does not remove the player from stealth but now it does not refill the Stealth bar immediately, instead, it recovers stealth bar based on how much hp the decoy has lost.
Shadow Strike: Will still refill stealth bar when used out of stealth but, when used in stealth mode, it does not remove the player from it and will, instead of dazz, stun the target for 1 sec.

Thats how easy it is to fix this kind of build.

Now, on to more core changes I'd like to see:

Could of Steel: Now has 10 Stacks (Up from 8)
Deft Strike: When used in stealth, it will also dazz the target for 1 sec.
Lashing Blade: When this ability does not hit a target, it will refund 50% of its cooldown. (how isn't this implemented yet?!)
Blitz: When used from stealth, it will now also deal 50% more damage in addition to the slow [this will be very useful for PVE].
Duelist Flurry: Now has 0.5 sec less casting time and will be able to stack up to 20 (up from 10) on MOBS.
Courage Breaker: It is now a short range AOE Spell (with same duration) and deals 50% more damage [I feel like this is needed as it is basicly a useless spell as a daily IMO]
Smoke Bomb: Now deals 15% of weapon damage every 0.5 seconds to every target in the AOE
Shocking Execution: Now has 10% more base damage and puts the enemy in Prone after hit [Else just rename it to Shocking Facepalm]
First Strike: The first At-Will to this target will add a tag to it that lasts for 5 sec and the next ability used from the player who tagged him will deal 5/10/15% more damage (depending on level) . Each enemy will have a 60 second cooldown after this passive is used (not even other TR's can activate it again). It will also tag one enemy at a time (meaning that the first target you attack will have the tag and you cannot tag player person until the tag disappears).

Things still in thought:
Wicked reminder: I have no idea what to do to make this usable.
Dazzing Strike: Do you guys think it needs a change?
Impact Shot: It is now based on stamina missing to how much damage it deals (up to 20% less damage on full stamina) [I think this will change the way we use it, since if you want max damage you will have to get in danger without stamina to dodge]

Note: Keep in mind that I know that these are basicly buffs to every skill the class has and removal of perma-stealth BUT, I also know that this class was basicly nerfed to the ground because of perma-stealth ALONE (not everything, but 80% of it at least). Also keep in mind, that we can only use 4 skills at a time.

Points I tried to focus:
- The rogue is currently the class with less CC (especially hard CC), so with these proposed changes, I tried to change that a little bit, but not to the point of abuse as you can see on amount of prones compared to other classes.
- More PVE DPS. This is what this class really needs, so the changes to Blitz, Smoke Bomb and Duelist's Flurry should do the trick.
- Removing Perma-stealth.

TL;DR: Partial rework to the class.

This is a Feedback thread, so I am open to suggestions.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    so you're sacrificing stealth (a defense-mechanic) for more DPS...

the thing is, without stealth (or significantly less stealth) you'll need defense a lot more than you need offense. those changes will just make us into glass cannons, which we all know means squat.

I agree that the rogue needs more DPS, and that they can't just give us more DPS without taking something else. but we're already squishy as hell - stealth is our only real defense (and ITC, which you can't rely on 100% of the time).

BTW - your changes doesn't really effect the current meta of "semi-perma" which are either stealthed or immuned with ITC... the only change to that is your suggestion on Shadow Strike.

Your Bait n Switch suggestion however, will completely kill the Whisperknife tree - which doesn't have ITC, therefore relies on BnS for stealth refills - without BnS, no one will ever play WK

the thing with shadow strike, its such a broken skill to begin with. in PVP it usually takes me 3-4 shadow strikes to actually activate the power - the activation time is slow as hell and every little thing seems to interrupt it. so making me do shadow strike outside of stealth would really make it that much harder to pull it off.

Again, i agree that the rogue class needs a rework - contrary to popular beliefe, no one likes trolling nodes with 0 damage (to equally-geared players).

I remember playing domination once and trolling a point with a GWF on it - he litteraly just stood in place and did nothing, took me forever to get him to 50% - than he called me "Tickler Rogue" on the chat (which was very emusing considering...) and ran away...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dronzale wrote: »

Look, I know we will be glass cannons, but that's the point of a rogue as far as I know. I am a semi-perma and I do not have a problem in defense and I believe I would be much better if I had more DPS where I can kill someone with one rotation and get out, thats the point of a rogue.
    Right now the only thing people are complaining about on TR's is their ability to contest nodes until a prone hits them.
    With the kit we have, I don't see where I could enhance the defense without making it OP.

If you have any suggestions, you're welcome.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    over all rework of all the tr's aspects or leave him as it is
    not random changes to destroy stealth and give him....50% blitz 0.3 seconds stun deft strike.....yai
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    over all rework of all the tr's aspects or leave him as it is
    not random changes to destroy stealth and give him....50% blitz 0.3 seconds stun deft strike.....yai

Thanks for your constructive message.
    Apparently the first strike rework, Lashing Blade change, Duelist Flurry, Cloud of Steel and Shocking executions changes wont help PVP?
    Think a bit before going HURRDURR on a thread, thanks.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Cut their reg and incoming healing from all sources in half while they are stealthed - problem solved.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Cut their reg and incoming healing from all sources in half while they are stealthed - problem solved.

Give this man a cookie!
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »

never knew there was are problem
    there is no class that cant counter tr very, very easy

47k hp gf u need to hit 15 df
    39k cw with pbile-no easy kill but easy to die in one rotation
    35k gwf -forget that let him roar
    35k k hr-dont even try
    35k dc-dont atack no point

and that are all rank 7 enchants classes that can counter tr easy