test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning 60 GF. Advice needed

princeofcrows6princeofcrows6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I am returning to game after a little over a year away. I find that I have almost no idea how to play anymore; all of my experience is a year out of date.

Looking through the forums I am having a very difficult time figuring out a good build. I know GFs are not the greatest but there has to be something moderately competent right?

I'd like to be full DPS, but since that seems impossible right now, what would be a good build for t2 dungeons and campaign solos? Hybrid?

IV or SM? What passives/dailies/at-wills/etc?
Feat builds? Protector, tactician or conqueror?
Boons?

Various enchants?

What kind of gear am I shooting for?

Not GF specific, but how do I go about jumping back into endgame stuff without getting group kicked because I have never done the dungeon or haven't done it in a year?
Post edited by princeofcrows6 on

Comments

• query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Starter build on a budget. I personally think that the BI gear is pretty good and since it is do it yourself from IWD dailies it is a fairly easy set to make. Cheap simple fix for enchant get a lesser frost. The tooltip says it drains AP but in PVE prevents mobs from attacking (they still move) for 3 seconds. Which means you can enforced threat and they will stand there while you cleave them. IV not SM most GWFs don't use SM. Honestly I would start out tactician because it is a kinder build while you are learning to play but eventually you will likely want Conq. Well if you can do a half decent kite you can get into FH fairly easilly and it is an easy kite to run. That gets you practice and helps you meet people. If you intend to build a T2 set from DD. In which case go timeless. Brutal lizardfolk and shield of the crusher are cheap and pretty good as far as T2 weapons go.