test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Rogue Class and have some questions for your pros...

silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
edited July 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I'm new to the Rogue class and NeverWinter in general. I played a tank/Guardian Fighter until mid 50s mostly just pvp'n but it's not a class that is pvp friendly I think. So I made a rogue and have some questions. Firstly, what exactly is "Combat Advantage" and "Combat Advantage Points"? Well I read some skills/power/feats descriptions it mentions this but I don't actually see it as a skill anywhere nor any info on what it is or how to use it. So can someone who is good at explaining things fill me in? =)

- Krackin'
Post edited by silverlead on

Comments

• rdgznrdgzn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • intoxicatedknighintoxicatedknigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    I can tell you now, CA, its very very shotty, terrible mechanic, in fact in PVP, I have rarely seen it triggered and I ran a perma stealth rogue which according to the NW info, is one of the things to trigger CA, this is most likely because in order to get CA , you have to put points in a feat that is wasting those points. Sooo, i would not base any build or such off of CA.
    ~Angus BullGod - Swordmaster GWF~
    ~Vladimar Zul - Fury build SW ~
    ~Takadump onzcrapper - Iron vangaurd GF~
  • silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2014
    Ahhhh thx Rdgnz for the link and thanks intoxic for letting me know it sucks!
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I can tell you now, CA, its very very shotty, terrible mechanic, in fact in PVP, I have rarely seen it triggered and I ran a perma stealth rogue which according to the NW info, is one of the things to trigger CA, this is most likely because in order to get CA , you have to put points in a feat that is wasting those points. Sooo, i would not base any build or such off of CA.

It's a 20% damage bonus from stealth or behind the target.

I'm not sure what makes it "shotty" or how you rarely see it triggered... Most of my attacks have combat advantage bonus, about the only time I'm not dealing combat advantage is when I have ITC running while toe to toe with a GF/GWF. I think it is an awesome damage boost. Maybe I missed the log parse that showed it was broken... if so, I would love someone to point it out.

And you get combat advantage without putting feat points to it, the feat points increase its effectiveness... the feats increase its bonus damage from 20% to 25%