test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tabing out to windows

revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So for me to old "bug" that turns the game from fullscreen inte windowmode is back again as soon as i tab out to windows. This is soooooooo frustrating i cant even reach my webpage without exiting the game atm pls fix this asap!
Post edited by revovlerjesus1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    No one else have this?
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I play Windowed Maximized. I occasionally trigger a bug that causes me to toggle through each of the three display modes when I press the Enter key while trying to talk in chat. I haven't reported it because I can't figure out why it happens and I can't repeat it reliably, but it does happen.

I don't get it "as soon as I tab out to windows" but it does happen sometimes when I tab back into the game and go to talk in chat. It's happened to me 3 times IIRC. By chance they all happened while I was playing my HR, again IIRC.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Have exactly same "issue". Started quite a long time ago :( 3-4 months I'd say. Annoying, yes, but can be solved fast with Alt+Enter.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I find this happens for me when using the DX11 renderer, but not the DX9 ones, for what that's worth. The DX11 renderer looks nicer, and seems to suffer less from weird performance spikes- but it's still far more buggy, sadly. Check which renderer you're using, maybe? (Advanced tab in-game, as I recall..)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You're probably right, kat. Switched from 8800GT (DX9) to GTX 660 (DX11) just a few months ago. Might be that :confused: Thanks.

PS: anyway, would be nice if it can be solved.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    OK, confirmed, at least in my case: DX9 and DX9ex doesn't have this prob, as kat said.
    And actually you tab much faster from DX9. On the other hand, a low GPU/CPU use while in bg in DX11 is a really nice feature, but is very annoying while switching between windows, you can't actually minimize the game properly (which works very well in DX9, but it only lowers CPU use and not GPU)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I find this happens for me when using the DX11 renderer, but not the DX9 ones, for what that's worth. The DX11 renderer looks nicer, and seems to suffer less from weird performance spikes- but it's still far more buggy, sadly. Check which renderer you're using, maybe? (Advanced tab in-game, as I recall..)

Thx this is what was wrong, i always used 9ex and a while back i switched to 11, back to 9ex now and Low grapics detalis on cpu while i run dungeons. I have a i-5 3570K and i need to have low to not get 2 FPS, is this just me?