test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock pose

alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
Anyone else think that the warlock pose looks horrible? I know they are trying to go for some imposing evil look but it looks like a gimp hobbling zombie. This is even worse than the HR's that can't make eye contact. I hope this isn't the final pose by any means.

Besides from that, pretty excited to try out the new class.
Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree. The pose is pretty awful, it reminded me of the forsaken in wow, except my character here isn't rotting.
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited July 2014
    Yeap, definitely looks like he had a bad day...
    And, if the reason of that its to make it seem "evil" they fail like they have no idea... its seems funny actually
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    They look like a monkey, even in the way they jump lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    They look like a monkey, even in the way they jump lol.

Monkey's are more graceful. I made a drow warlock and he kind of walks like me without my cane. (I have all kinds of health problems) A pose that makes you walk like you're crippled doesn't lend itself to heroics.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They clearly inherited the posture from IWD yetis, no doubt about it...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It looks identical to the "Beast" race on Champions Onine (Example: Warewolf) - it makes me want to believe they are using that very animation as a placeholder and that they will change it to something far better and more appropriate before it goes live.

I want to believe, I want to believe, I want to believe (Tinkerbell, are you getting any of this at all?)
  • draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The "I want to grope you" stance is rather stupid to look at. Though it would be good for a few laughs, for about 5 seconds.
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    Regarding the animations - We are still iterating on them internally, but will work to improve them to make them better fit the "attitude" of a Warlock.

/10character
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    orodalf wrote: »
    /10character

Saw the Dev post in DevTracker - does't mean we can't still keep whining about it. LOL
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Yes, it'd be nice to have a warlock who was more sleek and sinister than comedy hobbling zombie.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When I made the Warlock and logged in for the first time at first the running and jumping animation reminded me of how a 3rd person action platform game character would run and jump if you get what I'm saying , the blue fiery psycho dash is quite amusing although I hope they replace it with a shadow step teleport xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To the opening question: yes other people have noticed the posture and don't care for it. In fact, I have yet to hear anyone with positive feedback on how the Warlock looks when he walks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they walk like they have piles
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    they walk like they have piles

It isn't piles , that is where they keep their Infernal spheres O_o XD
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Why not just make the battle stance like Makos? He does indeed wear pact blade.. which means he's a Warlock.
    edited July 2014
    Just want to post up a quick video so that people can see the exacts.
    http://youtu.be/GlvgH3YQUFo

Standing idle: Not horrible but the arms are still kind of wide.

Out of Combat Run: Looks very bad, stiff legged with wide set arms like they have a hard time keeping their balance

In Combat Run: Not horrible. Your arms aren't way out, pact blade is huge though. A pact blade should be smaller than a gladius. I'd reduce the image size by 75%.

Sprint: Looks ok when it works right like it does in the video. When it doesn't though you get seizure inducing flashes.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Just want to post up a quick video so that people can see the exacts.
    http://youtu.be/GlvgH3YQUFo

Standing idle: Not horrible but the arms are still kind of wide.

Out of Combat Run: Looks very bad, stiff legged with wide set arms like they have a hard time keeping their balance

In Combat Run: Not horrible. Your arms aren't way out, pact blade is huge though. A pact blade should be smaller than a gladius. I'd reduce the image size by 75%.

Sprint: Looks ok when it works right like it does in the video. When it doesn't though you get seizure inducing flashes.

Lol that makes me laugh but the video didnt show him jumping, that is one of the worst things.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited July 2014
    Not to mention how the screen goes when you press Shift...
    Epileptics are going to die the very min. they sprint xD!
    Animation and Pose really sucks, but The character so far is good...
    edited July 2014
    Not to mention how the screen goes when you press Shift...
    Epileptics are going to die the very min. they sprint xD!
    Animation and Pose really sucks, but The character so far is good...
    I agree with that. The character is fun so far. There are the expected bugs but those can be crushed. I just wanted to try to show some specifics of where the animation is lacking. Doing something with the arms and reducing pact blade size would be hopefully smaller fixes that could make a big difference.

As far as the flashes when sprinting, I've heard a theory that it only happens on 8 core systems. Which I have and I do get the flashes but it wouldn't flash while I was recording.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree - unless you make a huge half-orc, so that the gorilla-like stance somewhat appropriate, it looks pretty silly. It's looks especially silly on a female character.
  • razorbladz210razorbladz210 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But... I love the way they stand and move... it fits the whole maniac-type sprint that they have. :)
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The pose really does not work well for male dwarf warlocks. It's very awkward and the broad shoulders make it a little gorillaesque....

Maybe it'd look better if they just stood a little more upright and didn't have their arms out as far?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My half-elf looks like a orangutan when jumping. I find it funny tho, and barely even notice the movement animation any longer.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My female tiefling walks and jumps like an undead chimp.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    I agree - unless you make a huge half-orc, so that the gorilla-like stance somewhat appropriate, it looks pretty silly. It's looks especially silly on a female character.

My test shard warlock is a giant male half-orc. I had to redo it because my original dainty human female looked stupid.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • archerbahmarcherbahm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's late for an April Fools joke but I'm hoping that toon is.
    Hoping they'll swap in some drop dead gorgeously evil looking one that makes it desirable to take out for a rampage.
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    the stance is freaking horrible, can't say for others but i won't play it if they keep the undead-gorrila animations.. additionally to the fact that they are unplayable in rp too with that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. give them a normal pose or copy/paste the pose of another class for all i care...
    edited July 2014
    xanos900 wrote: »
    the stance is freaking horrible, can't say for others but i won't play it if they keep the undead-gorrila animations.. additionally to the fact that they are unplayable in rp too with that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. give them a normal pose or copy/paste the pose of another class for all i care...

You need to download the new preview client , they completely reworked the stance and his running and shifting animations xD
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I didn't play mine long, but I agree its bad, I hear its probably going to get fixed, I hope so cause if not i'm not playing one no matter how awesome they are, can't stand looking at my character move, it constantly looks like its going to drop down on all fours and run like a dog.
    edited July 2014
    I didn't play mine long, but I agree its bad, I hear its probably going to get fixed, I hope so cause if not i'm not playing one no matter how awesome they are, can't stand looking at my character move, it constantly looks like its going to drop down on all fours and run like a dog.
    This has been fixed for quite a few days now.