test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

upgrade shop

tjlongshottjlongshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
i believe that in the preview server this game needs a little shop in protectors enclave or somewhere, that you can go to auto level to cap, buy gear, ad, gold, enchantments, weapon/armor enchants, companions and mounts. this would allow players to actually test classes, test for bugs on different mounts, test new effects on weapon/armor enchants, test new gear, and test new or updated companions.
Defiant. Never back down from the opposition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tjlongshot on

Comments

• Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    no one would play the live shard if they had that lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    no one would play the live shard if they had that lol

Well, they would delete and make the server unavailable after testing is done and the module is ready for release.

I can see where people get a taste test of Zen store items and say nah, I don't want it on live and may decline some sales, but for the rest of the game, it will work out the possibilities of bugs. It makes debugging much slower if players have to level a new up coming class from the ground up.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    tjlongshot1tjlongshot1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    It makes debugging much slower if players have to level a new up coming class from the ground up.

yes, that is my point exactly, especially when they put the new module into the preview server.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think they want your response though as you level a new class. Giving away xp to a new class like this could gloss over sever leveling problems with a class being op or up at certain level brackets. For testing endgame content, thats the reason there is a character copy.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The whole purpose of leveling-up from scratch IS the debugging. If you could just jump to level 60 then how will all the lower levels be debugged exactly? The testing isn;t only for the new level 60 stuff (in the case of the new class, etc.) And if you could just automagically jump to 60 then who would bother leveling-up?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The whole purpose of leveling-up from scratch IS the debugging. If you could just jump to level 60 then how will all the lower levels be debugged exactly? The testing isn;t only for the new level 60 stuff (in the case of the new class, etc.) And if you could just automagically jump to 60 then who would bother leveling-up?

Yep, if everyone simply jumps straight to 60 with top gear, nobody will really "test" the class properly (it will be used as min-maxing tool to test builds, rather than bug-hunting, which should be the primary purpose of a test server).

I might agree on making certain resources easily obtainable from a vendor, for test purposes (AD mostly)
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nope....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. We ask for that just for black ice gear to test it. The answers ranged from looking into it to no. However in hind sight it was the right thing not to give it to us as we would of not had any incentive to do the HEs and work through the quests etc where we reported lots of issues that were fixed.

If we had had a vendor we would of never seen any of those issues.